View Poll Results: What should happen to this child and her mom?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • If they are illegal, deport them both immediately!

    29 65.91%
  • If they are illegal, deport her mom, but she can stay.

    4 9.09%
  • They both can stay.

    8 18.18%
  • Other (explain)

    3 6.82%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: What should happen to this little girl?

  1. #31
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Believe the issue has already been addressed and concluded. The government will not be pursuing.


    Will try to find a link......



    .
    Figures, what would happen to a some one who is a U.S. citizen if they decided to violate the law. What makes illegals above the law and not a U.S. citizen.

  2. #32
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    I can agree with this.



    Yeah... I doubt that's what was intended when the laws were written.



    Humans are not objects, and using this pair as a "lesson" will change nothing. If anything, Hispanics will trust and respect our government that much less. They will continue to live in hiding.
    So ignoring the laws of this country is O.K., that would be fine if we all could violate the law.

  3. #33
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I never said that the law should be applied unequally. What I said was that I disagree with the law, therefore, I disagree with deporting the child and her mother.
    What law are you disagreeing with? She is an illegal alien. Do you mean the child should stay and the mother should be deported? Or are you saying the mother should not because the child was born here?

    I don't understand what law you are talking about specifically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    If you think that they both should be deported, great! That's why I started this poll, to see who agrees/disagrees with my position, and what reasons they give.
    Get no argument from me on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    His argument was a straw man because it misrepresented my position. I am against deportation/imprisonment in this case, which was superficially turned into an argument that I am against imprisoning ALL mothers with children who break the law.
    You say the law should be enforced equally, but you disagree so that makes it OK for this one person to be above the law in this case?

    You are not making any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #34
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    So ignoring the laws of this country is O.K., that would be fine if we all could violate the law.
    Could it be a cutlture thing perhaps?

    I mean, I have been to Mexico many times. South, West, Central and too many border towns to count.

    Everybody knows the deal. The law is subjective in Mexico. What we call destable bribery, they call business as usual. (Even worse than Chicago.)

    I understand that when I visit. I know that a five dollar bill gets me to the front of the line. I have seen the resort guests get shook down by the policia. It's just the way it is. It's understood.

    You would have to erase generations of conditioning before expecting any culture to morph into our culture, living and breathing our values.

    That's the most confusing thing. One would think that the biggest proponent of immigration control on our southern borders would be legal resident's of hispanic decent. For, if they liked the lack of rule by law and lowly wages, they would have stayed in Mexico to begin with.

    I love Mexico. And I think the mexican people, as a whole, are some of the finest people on this planet. I can't say enough good things about them. But they will HAVE to understand, eventually, that this ain't Mexico. Trying to make it Mexico will be done at their own peril.

    Everyone needs to take a step back and breathe. Logic and the dictates of reason mandate that there is no possible way we can round up kick out all the illegal's. Even if we could it would add terrible side affects on our economy that we could not stand right now.

    They need to open local, regional, registration offices in selected areas and give the illegals a chance to turn themselves in, pay a fine through payroll garnishment, just like a tax, then register them. Then put the harshest of harsh penalties on any US citizen employing illegals.

    After a year has past, close the regional offices and open streamlined operations for registrations at the border. Give them a chance to NOT be illegal. They're gonna come anyways. Might as well at least TRY to get SOME control of it. Just make it simpler to legally register yet harsher to be here illegally.

    After a year of catering to the illegals with offers of affordable fines and convenient local registration, those that do not comply should not only be thereafter deported, but sent to hard labor camps for at least 18 months before being sent back home to their country of orgin.

    This plan should be agreeable by most folks. Us gringos REALLY don't hate these Mexicans. But we are pissed at their lack of respect for our laws. I think my plan is an honest and achievable plan that would draw support from both sides of the issue. The only people I think would oppose it are the ones that want to just totally open the borders and go La Raza on our ass.

    Those folks better thing twice.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Captain America; 05-24-10 at 01:02 AM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #35
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What law are you disagreeing with? She is an illegal alien. Do you mean the child should stay and the mother should be deported? Or are you saying the mother should not because the child was born here?

    I don't understand what law you are talking about specifically.
    Ahh, sorry, Blackdog. The 'law' I was referring to was the Arizona law - I should have been more specific.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You say the law should be enforced equally, but you disagree so that makes it OK for this one person to be above the law in this case?

    You are not making any sense.
    I'm making perfect sense. I never said this woman who is here illegally is above the law. What I said was that I disagree with deporting her. The argument can certainly be made that she is here illegally, and thus should be deported; however, I disagree with deportation. I would love to see immigration reform, and citizenship be made easier for those individuals who want to become citizens. Maybe something along the lines of turning herself in, paying a fine or doing community service, then beginning the process of becoming a citizen. I totally understand if you are against my position - most conservatives are, and I respect that. Basically, I wanted to hear all viewpoints, hence the reason I made this poll to begin with.

  6. #36
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Could it be a cutlture thing perhaps?

    I mean, I have been to Mexico many times. South, West, Central and too many border towns to count.

    Everybody knows the deal. The law is subjective in Mexico. What we call destable bribery, they call business as usual. (Even worse than Chicago.)

    I understand that when I visit. I know that a five dollar bill gets me to the front of the line. I have seen the resort guests get shook down by the policia. It's just the way it is. It's understood.

    You would have to erase generations of conditioning before expecting any culture to morph into our culture, living and breathing our values.

    That's the most confusing thing. One would think that the biggest proponent of immigration control on our southern borders would be legal resident's of hispanic decent. For, if they liked the lack of rule by law and lowly wages, they would have stayed in Mexico to begin with.

    I love Mexico. And I think the mexican people, as a whole, are some of the finest people on this planet. I can't say enough good things about them. But they will HAVE to understand, eventually, that this ain't Mexico. Trying to make it Mexico will be done at their own peril.

    Everyone needs to take a step back and breathe. Logic and the dictates of reason mandate that there is no possible way we can round up kick out all the illegal's. Even if we could it would add terrible side affects on our economy that we could not stand right now.

    They need to open local, regional, registration offices in selected areas and give the illegals a chance to turn themselves in, pay a fine through payroll garnishment, just like a tax, then register them. Then put the harshest of harsh penalties on any US citizen employing illegals.

    After a year has past, close the regional offices and open streamlined operations for registrations at the border. Give them a chance to NOT be illegal. They're gonna come anyways. Might as well at least TRY to get SOME control of it. Just make it simpler to legally register yet harsher to be here illegally.

    After a year of catering to the illegals with offers of affordable fines and convenient local registration, those that do not comply should not only be thereafter deported, but sent to hard labor camps for at least 18 months before being sent back home to their country of orgin.

    This plan should be agreeable by most folks. Us gringos REALLY don't hate these Mexicans. But we are pissed at their lack of respect for our laws. I think my plan is an honest and achievable plan that would draw support from both sides of the issue. The only people I think would oppose it are the ones that want to just totally open the borders and go La Raza on our ass.

    Those folks better thing twice.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Originally being from Texas, I couldn't agree with you more. I posted in the hopes that people would see how upside down this is and where it will lead us. BTW well said...

  7. #37
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Ahh, sorry, Blackdog. The 'law' I was referring to was the Arizona law - I should have been more specific.




    I'm making perfect sense. I never said this woman who is here illegally is above the law. What I said was that I disagree with deporting her. The argument can certainly be made that she is here illegally, and thus should be deported; however, I disagree with deportation. Maybe something along the lines of turning herself in, paying a fine or doing community service, then beginning the process of becoming a citizen. I totally understand if you are against my position - most conservatives are, and I respect that. Basically, I wanted to hear all viewpoints, hence the reason I made this poll to begin with.
    I believe this is what we conservatives would like to see as well, as a conservative I do know that immigrants is what made this country great. Making it easy to circumvent our laws and then being above the law, gives illegals no initiative to assimilate into our society. This also brings up another argument, what about those we have over looked and denied citizenship not to mention deported, those people from other countries. Then also what about those who have been waiting for years to become a citizen, what right do illegals from our southern borders have that affords them the ability to jump in front of the line. All these questions I believe must be addressed before any amnesty or reform is even considered.

  8. #38
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Originally being from Texas, I couldn't agree with you more. I posted in the hopes that people would see how upside down this is and where it will lead us. BTW well said...
    If you ever spent any time down in the valley you would agree with me regarding what a good bunch of people mexican-americans are.

    Native Texan here.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #39
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Ahh, sorry, Blackdog. The 'law' I was referring to was the Arizona law - I should have been more specific.
    OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I'm making perfect sense. I never said this woman who is here illegally is above the law. What I said was that I disagree with deporting her. The argument can certainly be made that she is here illegally, and thus should be deported; however, I disagree with deportation. I would love to see immigration reform, and citizenship be made easier for those individuals who want to become citizens. Maybe something along the lines of turning herself in, paying a fine or doing community service, then beginning the process of becoming a citizen. I totally understand if you are against my position - most conservatives are, and I respect that. Basically, I wanted to hear all viewpoints, hence the reason I made this poll to begin with.
    Ahhhhh! OK, again I see..

    You are correct I do not agree, but that is subjective in this case.

    Carry on and thanks for clarifying it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: What should happen to this little girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Oh look, the "pull my heart strings" tactic. Whouda thunk a liberal would resort to it.
    This has nothing to do with "liberal". It is about the rule of law.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •