View Poll Results: Would you vote for this man for President?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 25.00%
  • No

    21 75.00%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 183

Thread: Would YOU vote for this guy?

  1. #11
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because his ideas suck,
    What is your point exactly? That there is no way a black guy with ideas you don't like and want to misrepresent could have elected?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #12
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What is your point exactly? That there is no way a black guy with ideas you don't like and want to misrepresent could have elected?
    I think he's trying to say that a white guy who said those things wouldn't get elected...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #13
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think he's trying to say that a white guy who said those things wouldn't get elected...

    DING DING DING DING DING.

    We have a winner.


    Barack Obama got millions of people out to the polls to vote for him, who normally would not have left home on election night, not because of his ideas, but because many people reacted to the color of his skin. Because either they self-identified with him, or because they had 'white guilt' as member 1069 likes to call it, or because they thought it was their duty to be involved in a historical event.

    To those that didnt vote for one of the above mentioned reasons, I concede that Obama did a good job of propagandizing a slogan that made people view he was actually going to take the country in a different direction than President Bush, who most Americans, even conservatives, were quite pissed off at.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #14
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING.

    We have a winner.


    Barack Obama got millions of people out to the polls to vote for him, who normally would not have left home on election night, not because of his ideas, but because many people reacted to the color of his skin. Because either they self-identified with him, or because they had 'white guilt' as member 1069 likes to call it, or because they thought it was their duty to be involved in a historical event.

    To those that didnt vote for one of the above mentioned reasons, I concede that Obama did a good job of propagandizing a slogan that made people view he was actually going to take the country in a different direction than President Bush, who most Americans, even conservatives, were quite pissed off at.
    Or, like I said, voters considered him better than the alternative.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING.

    We have a winner.


    Barack Obama got millions of people out to the polls to vote for him, who normally would not have left home on election night, not because of his ideas, but because many people reacted to the color of his skin. Because either they self-identified with him, or because they had 'white guilt' as member 1069 likes to call it, or because they thought it was their duty to be involved in a historical event.

    To those that didnt vote for one of the above mentioned reasons, I concede that Obama did a good job of propagandizing a slogan that made people view he was actually going to take the country in a different direction than President Bush, who most Americans, even conservatives, were quite pissed off at.
    So then what you're saying is that there is no way a black guy who said things you disagreed with could have been elected because a white guy who would say the same things you disagreed with couldn't have gotten elected?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #16
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Oh look a bunch of stuff taken either out of context or in the worst possible light.

  7. #17
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    What inspired this thread? Do we really need yet another thread bitching about Obama's election based on the same GOP talking points from 2008? You're about 18 months late, Caine. Does this thread serve any purpose other than race-baiting?
    Last edited by Kandahar; 05-21-10 at 10:51 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #18
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What inspired this thread? Do we really need yet another thread bitching about Obama's elections based on the same GOP talking points from 2008? You're about 18 months late, Caine. Does this thread serve any purpose other than race-baiting?
    How dare you talk about our muslim president like that! He will save america from the infidels! Allah Ackbar!

  9. #19
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Or, like I said, voters considered him better than the alternative.
    It was more like too mounds of crap, both freshly created (most likely by a male bovine).

    Only a scientifically performed test of the odors arising from each could discern a noticeable difference between the two.

    We poor voters, restricted to the senses genetics gave us, were thus handicapped in making our decision.

    Personally, I think we were all wrong, and everyone should have boycotted the election until the parties offered better candidates…but that’s just me.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    University of San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-14-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    True, true.

    I hated the last presidential election...

    Both candidates were somewhere near the bottom of my list.
    Near the bottom? Who did you have on your list? Jack the Ripper? Michael Jackson, with a 10-year old VP?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •