View Poll Results: Would you vote for this man for President?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 25.00%
  • No

    21 75.00%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 183

Thread: Would YOU vote for this guy?

  1. #131
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,342

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    not saying I agree with all the Obama has done because I dont but you conveniently left a group off the list. The people that voted against him simply because he is part black LMAO guess those people dont matter because well that would leave a huge gaping logical hole in your argument
    Ummm...... Who is President?

    To win an election you have to do what?

    Okay...so what does that tell you about your stupid comment?

    kthxbye.


    This still remains to be seen and any other issues are purely secondary and go on in one form or another in every election and they arent to be cried about.
    Who is crying?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #132
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I would if he's better than the alternative.
    If this guy is the best candidate, I wouldn't vote.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #133
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,342

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Of course, since you're talking about Obama and he has never made most of those statement, it's a pointless question. Further, those statements that he has made, weren't made prior to the 2008 election, so again, what difference does it make?

    Grow up and deal with the current reality already. Stop whining.

    Ummmm........ Who is whining?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #134
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I get your message.
    Apparently you didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But then you went and screwed it up with your list of **** that he had nothing to do with most of them, or those same decisions are still being made now.
    I agree - Bush didn't have anything to do with all of them. However, the people who did have something to do with them were Republicans, and so in the '08 election the voters elected Obama because they were tired of Republicans, not just Bush, running the government.

    And you're right - most of that crap is still happening now. But what you don't get is that all of that crap would still be happening under a GOP President.

    So just as the Democrats are no real alternative to the GOP when it comes to the Presidency, neither is the GOP a real alternative to the Democrats.

    Which is why I want alternative voting systems put in place to allow better multi-party representation in government so the people of the United States can get will change when they call for it.
    Last edited by samsmart; 05-22-10 at 06:37 PM.

  5. #135
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If this guy is the best candidate, I wouldn't vote.
    I'd lobby for alternative voting systems so we can get larger pools of better candidates running.

  6. #136
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,703

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ummmm........ Who is whining?
    Every self proclaimed oppressed white male with an inferiority which has graced this thread.

    All we hear is crying about how one upon a time in some magical land TurtleDude didn't get into the school he wanted to get into but a black guy did. Which is somehow evidence that Obama got to where he is because of Affirmative Action.

    You crying because Obama is black.

    And whoever TheServantCharles saying the racial advantage white Presidents had in this country wasn't really a racial advantage even though if they'd been black they wouldn't have gotten to be President.

    There are a few people whining.

    Any questions?
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  7. #137
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Every self proclaimed oppressed white male with an inferiority which has graced this thread.

    All we hear is crying about how one upon a time in some magical land TurtleDude didn't get into university but a black guy did. Without any evidence.

    You crying because Obama is black.

    And whoever TheServantCharles saying the racial advantage white Presidents had in this country wasn't really a racial advantage even though if they'd been black they wouldn't have gotten to be President.

    There are a few people whining.

    Any questions?
    Bottom line Hatuey - on the issues and race aside... most would not vote for those items pictured. YOU should stop whining about race... and deal with the issue at hand.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #138
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I'd lobby for alternative voting systems so we can get larger pools of better candidates running.
    Sounds good to me.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #139
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,703

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Bottom line Hatuey
    Glad you popped in Ockham.

    - on the issues and race aside... most would not vote for those items pictured.
    Because they're misrepresentations of what Obama actually said. I mean I wouldn't expect Caine to actually provide the quotes from Obama. I'd just expect him to show us all a picture of what he thinks Obama said and then present it as what Obama said. Its too bad it has completely backfired at him and he's simply preaching to his own choir.

    YOU should stop whining about race... and deal with the issue at hand.
    The entire thread has been about Caine complaining about Obama's race. Seriously? What other issue is there?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-22-10 at 06:44 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    154,914

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah it was a disqualifying feature but none of the white guys won because they were white because they were no different than the competition in that regard

    Its like a race discrimination case. If the guy who beats you out for a job is the same age as you age discrimination was not the reason for your non-selection. If he is the same race or creed, then those factors are not the reason. Every white president in history did not win because of race
    None of this really matters because of the big picture. If you are never given the chance to try for a job because of your age, you were STILL in competition... you were just not allowed to get past the first step.

    Obama's race was a big advantage. Again, tell me, do you believe that 96% of blacks agree with his policies more than McCains? Black conservatives admitted they were voting Obama because he was black
    I believe that Obama's race was a factor on BOTH sides of the coin. I wouldn't doubt that, amongst blacks, there were some who voted for him just because of his race. I would also imagine that amongst whites, there were some who voted against him just because of his race. Remember what LBJ said after he passed the Civil Rights Act?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •