View Poll Results: Would you vote for this man for President?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 25.00%
  • No

    21 75.00%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 183

Thread: Would YOU vote for this guy?

  1. #121
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And I disagree.

    I believe a great number of people voted for Obama because he is black.


    When both candidates sucked on the issues.... what is going to be your selling point? Your character.


    I voted for McCain because he is a veteran of a war, and has sacrificed much. Because that is something that I can relate to.


    Where have I said that this is necessarily a bad thing?

    Anyone?
    And I believe a greater number of people voted for Obama because he wasn't a Republican.

    Look at the government response to all the debacles we've had during Bush's administration. I'm not saying that Bush was at fault for all of them, but because he, a Republican, was President, he allowed his fellows in the Republican Party to affect his executive decisions, which means that the blame for the poor government responses can be laid on various politicians from the GOP.

    There's 9/11, there's the claim of WMDs in Iraq, there's fighting four wars at one time (Iraq, Afghanistan, Global War on Terror, War on Drugs,) cutting taxes during a time of increased military spending, deregulation of markets, increased censorship by the FCC after Janet Jackson showing a nipple on the Super Bowl, the mess that is No Child Left Behind, the government response to Hurricane Katrina on a federal, state, and local level, the Florida legislature, the Florida governor, the U.S. Congress, and the President all becoming involved in the legal battle of the Terri Schiavo case, the decrease in civil rights and civil liberties resulting from the PATRIOT Act, the corruption that occurred with the no-bid contracts that were given to Halliburton and KBR...

    All of those things added up and the American people became tired of how the Republican Party was running the country. So they called for a change. If the Democratic Party had somehow fell apart and the Libertarian Party came to rival the Republican Party, we'd have a Libertarian President right now instead.

  2. #122
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    He also served under one of the greatest Presidents in US history, FDR. He had a good mentor.
    Actually, Truman didn't serve under FDR for that long, and (if I remember my history correctly), Truman was chosen more by the bosses in the Democratic Party than by FDR himself.

    When it comes to Truman's successes as President, I think he deserves most of those accolades himself.

  3. #123
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-23-10 @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    116

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    yeah, that plot just sounds poorly planned out. My point, which is more of an off handed comment than a point is; if all the hate groups from the top down really wanted to get rid of Obama...I'd think we'd be hearing about attempts, and not about some hair brained plot that has no chance of working.

  4. #124
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And I disagree.

    I believe a great number of people voted for Obama because he is black.


    When both candidates sucked on the issues.... what is going to be your selling point? Your character.


    I voted for McCain because he is a veteran of a war, and has sacrificed much. Because that is something that I can relate to.


    Where have I said that this is necessarily a bad thing?

    Anyone?
    And I believe a great number of people voted against him because he was black. I also believe that just about any of the serious democratic candidates that election would have won had they won the primary, black, white, male, female.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #125
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING.

    We have a winner.


    Barack Obama got millions of people out to the polls to vote for him, who normally would not have left home on election night, not because of his ideas, but because many people reacted to the color of his skin. Because either they self-identified with him, or because they had 'white guilt' as member 1069 likes to call it, or because they thought it was their duty to be involved in a historical event.

    To those that didnt vote for one of the above mentioned reasons, I concede that Obama did a good job of propagandizing a slogan that made people view he was actually going to take the country in a different direction than President Bush, who most Americans, even conservatives, were quite pissed off at.

    not saying I agree with all the Obama has done because I dont but you conveniently left a group off the list. The people that voted against him simply because he is part black LMAO guess those people dont matter because well that would leave a huge gaping logical hole in your argument

    Obama won simply because people at the time thought/think he is/was the better guy and belongs/belonged to the better party.

    This still remains to be seen and any other issues are purely secondary and go on in one form or another in every election and they arent to be cried about.
    Last edited by O_Guru; 05-22-10 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And I believe a great number of people voted against him because he was black. I also believe that just about any of the serious democratic candidates that election would have won had they won the primary, black, white, male, female.
    I believe those who voted for him merely because he was black well outnumbers those who would have voted for a white man with the same politics.



  7. #127
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I believe those who voted for him merely because he was black well outnumbers those who would have voted for a white man with the same politics.
    I seriously doubt that, the numbers of the votes alone would seem to prove that wrong unless of course you believe that 50% or his votes were based on race. Heck I know YOU didnt say this im just making a point even if every so called minority in the US (something like 15-17% of total population) voted for him based on race a very large part of white america would still have to vote for him also or he'd never even come close to winning.
    I think its more because so many people were upset with bush most were willing to vote democrat pretty much no matter what especially once Palin was introduced to the mix.

    I have always said I think it was BRILLIANT for the Reps to put a female on the bill the just picked the wrong one

  8. #128
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah it was a disqualifying feature but none of the white guys won because they were white because they were no different than the competition in that regard
    That is such bull****. If you choke off the competition at an earlier level so that they never compete for those jobs/colleges in the first place, that is no different than letting them apply and then denying them those jobs/colleges. It is racial discrimination in either case.

    Not a single one of the first 42 presidents would have gotten to where they did if they were black. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude
    Its like a race discrimination case. If the guy who beats you out for a job is the same age as you age discrimination was not the reason for your non-selection. If he is the same race or creed, then those factors are not the reason.
    If members of other races are systematically denied the opportunity to become qualified for the job in the first place, then you most certainly do have a racial advantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude
    Every white president in history did not win because of race
    Yes. They did. You're trying to draw a meaningless distinction, for no purpose other than (as best I can figure it) you're sympathetic to discrimination against whites and you aren't sympathetic to discrimination against blacks. You're telling me that Obama had an advantage over white people early in his education/career because he was black...yet you are refusing to acknowledge that every other president has had some advantage in THEIR background because they were white.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude
    Obama's race was a big advantage. Again, tell me, do you believe that 96% of blacks agree with his policies more than McCains? Black conservatives admitted they were voting Obama because he was black
    Do you believe that whatever-percent of poor trailer trash rednecks agree with McCain's policies more than Obama's? Hicks admitted they were voting for McCain because he was white.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #129
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Of course, since you're talking about Obama and he has never made most of those statement, it's a pointless question. Further, those statements that he has made, weren't made prior to the 2008 election, so again, what difference does it make?

    Grow up and deal with the current reality already. Stop whining.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #130
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And I believe a greater number of people voted for Obama because he wasn't a Republican.

    Look at the government response to all the debacles we've had during Bush's administration. I'm not saying that Bush was at fault for all of them, but because he, a Republican, was President, he allowed his fellows in the Republican Party to affect his executive decisions, which means that the blame for the poor government responses can be laid on various politicians from the GOP.

    There's 9/11, there's the claim of WMDs in Iraq, there's fighting four wars at one time (Iraq, Afghanistan, Global War on Terror, War on Drugs,) cutting taxes during a time of increased military spending, deregulation of markets, increased censorship by the FCC after Janet Jackson showing a nipple on the Super Bowl, the mess that is No Child Left Behind, the government response to Hurricane Katrina on a federal, state, and local level, the Florida legislature, the Florida governor, the U.S. Congress, and the President all becoming involved in the legal battle of the Terri Schiavo case, the decrease in civil rights and civil liberties resulting from the PATRIOT Act, the corruption that occurred with the no-bid contracts that were given to Halliburton and KBR...

    All of those things added up and the American people became tired of how the Republican Party was running the country. So they called for a change. If the Democratic Party had somehow fell apart and the Libertarian Party came to rival the Republican Party, we'd have a Libertarian President right now instead.

    I get your message.

    But then you went and screwed it up with your list of **** that he had nothing to do with most of them, or those same decisions are still being made now.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •