View Poll Results: Would you vote for this man for President?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 25.00%
  • No

    21 75.00%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 183

Thread: Would YOU vote for this guy?

  1. #111
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Obama didn't win because he was black. People were tired of the Bush era of politics and simply didn't want McCain.

    I don't know of a single person who voted for Obama because he is black, nor do I know anyone who even took his race into consideration when they voted for him.

    People didn't vote for Obama because he is black.

    They voted for a man with a vision and plan who happened to be black.
    Do you know of anyone who would admit to voting for Obama because he is black?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is a big deal. He is the first president who is not white. That does not mean that people in any significant numbers voted for him because he was black.

    And I disagree.

    I believe a great number of people voted for Obama because he is black.


    When both candidates sucked on the issues.... what is going to be your selling point? Your character.


    I voted for McCain because he is a veteran of a war, and has sacrificed much. Because that is something that I can relate to.


    Where have I said that this is necessarily a bad thing?

    Anyone?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #113
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheServantCharles View Post
    okay, I'm ready to start tap dancing around what is being asked, and what has already been asked. Do you believe Obama's race factored favorably into his winning the 2008 election?
    You should start a poll.

  4. #114
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Uhh yes it does when you consider that 95% of the black community voted for Wonderboy.
    Harry Truman won 100% of the black vote.

    Clinton won something like 96%.


    Obama won about 90%.
    Last edited by ScottD; 05-22-10 at 09:52 AM.
    Reality tends to have a liberal bias.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Harry Truman won 100% of the black vote.

    Harry Truman also didnt have more than a high school education.

    ..........
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #116
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Harry Truman also didnt have more than a high school education.

    ..........
    He also served under one of the greatest Presidents in US history, FDR. He had a good mentor.
    Reality tends to have a liberal bias.

  7. #117
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Obama didn't win because he was black. People were tired of the Bush era of politics and simply didn't want McCain.

    I don't know of a single person who voted for Obama because he is black, nor do I know anyone who even took his race into consideration when they voted for him.

    People didn't vote for Obama because he is black.

    They voted for a man with a vision and plan who happened to be black.
    I remember a famous bimbette in 1972 who said

    I CANNOT BELIEVE NIXON WON--EVERYONE I KNOW voted for MCGOVERN!

    White guilt had alot to do with Obama's election. I saw dozen of Obama stickers on Mercedes and BMWs at a club I am a member of and everyone there has a net worth of at least a million. It was almost always the pampered poodlesque wives and trust fund idiot guys who weren't earning the money that Obama wants to tax.

    and don't even tell me that 95% of the blacks actually agree with his politics over that of McCain



  8. #118
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Harry Truman won 100% of the black vote.

    Clinton won something like 96%.


    Obama won about 90%.
    Massa Lincoln Done Freed us but Massa Roosevelt's gonna feed us was a well known mantra back then.

    Do you know what LBJ allegedly (no tape of it-just people claiming he said it) said when he got the Civil RIghts Bill passed?



  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    I voted for Obama because I was voting against Palin. She does look good in leather, though.

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Would YOU vote for this guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Turtle. Do you realize the lack of logic of this statement in how it pertains to your argument? You just said that every contender was both equal AND WHITE. You have also said that no black person could have been elected during those other elections. That pretty much equates to blacks having a racial disadvantage in those elections, and NOT having equal footing.
    yeah it was a disqualifying feature but none of the white guys won because they were white because they were no different than the competition in that regard

    Its like a race discrimination case. If the guy who beats you out for a job is the same age as you age discrimination was not the reason for your non-selection. If he is the same race or creed, then those factors are not the reason. Every white president in history did not win because of race

    Obama's race was a big advantage. Again, tell me, do you believe that 96% of blacks agree with his policies more than McCains? Black conservatives admitted they were voting Obama because he was black



Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •