View Poll Results: How many muslims think this way?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very small minority

    19 41.30%
  • Some 25% or less

    12 26.09%
  • Most 50+%

    4 8.70%
  • Just about All 90+%

    11 23.91%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    There's a large degree of difference.

    Lets take a poster here. Jamesrage. Jamesrage seems to have a very negative reaction in regards to illegal immigrants,
    lol that's like trying to compare dislike of blacks and dislike of junkies. The latter is a choice and the former is not.

  2. #32
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    lol that's like trying to compare dislike of blacks and dislike of junkies. The latter is a choice and the former is not.
    WHAT!???!

    uhm they are both choices LMAO

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    lol that's like trying to compare dislike of blacks and dislike of junkies. The latter is a choice and the former is not.
    So...if you dislike a group that is part of that group due to a choice its possible to not want to have them all killed...

    But if you dislike a group that is part of that group because its how they're born, its NOT possible to not want to have them all killed...

    I'm failing to see your point here.

    The point I was making is having an unfavorable view of a group of people, any group of people, does not equal having an opinion that they should all be killed.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So...if you dislike a group that is part of that group due to a choice its possible to not want to have them all killed...

    But if you dislike a group that is part of that group because its how they're born, its NOT possible to not want to have them all killed...

    I'm failing to see your point here.

    The point I was making is having an unfavorable view of a group of people, any group of people, does not equal having an opinion that they should all be killed.
    My point is that there is rampant anti-semitism in the Muslim world that you seem to want to dismiss because it is not necessarily genocidal. But fyi 61% of Palestinians support Hezbollah, 51% of Jordanians support Hezbollah, and 97% of Shia Lebanese support Hezbollah, but I'll grant you only 43% of Egyptians support Hezbollah. But I suppose support for the organization whose head calls for the genocide of Jews won't prove anything either right?

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    My point is that there is rampant anti-semitism in the Muslim world that you seem to want to dismiss because it is not necessarily genocidal.
    Nope, I seem to want to dismiss it IN THIS THREAD because its not the topic OF THIS THREAD and thus you're attempting to create a strawman to derail it from talking about whether or not a majority of muslims hold an extreme view of genocide towards jews to one of whether or not they're just really unfavorable towards jews.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    But fyi 61% of Palestinians support Hezbollah, 51% of Jordanians support Hezbollah, and 97% of Shia Lebanese support Hezbollah, but I'll grant you only 43% of Egyptians support Hezbollah. But I suppose support for the organization whose head calls for the genocide of Jews won't prove anything either right?
    Oh, it proves something. It proves that a majority, or large amount, in those countries support Hezbollah in a general sense. It also provides something too, another stawman for you. Specifically, that supporting hezbollah = supporting their leaders desire for genocide against the Jews.

    Considering that Hezbollah now provides social services, operates schools, hospitals, and agricultural services for many of these people it is quite possible for someone to generally say yes if they were asked "Do you support Hezbollah" but if you asked them "Do you support Hezbollah's leaders desire for genocide of jews" that they say no.

    If someone asked me back in the 2000's "Do you support George W. Bush" I'd say yes. If someone asked me "Do you support George W. Bush's desire for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage" I'd say no. If they asked "Do you support George W. Bush's desire for comprehensive immigration reform" I'd say no.

    Agreeing with something, in a general sense, does not mean one agrees with every individual portion that makes up that something in a more specific sense.

    Your numbers prove nothing in regards to the topic of this poll and just create another strawman. Find me a percentage number of people in those countries who support Hezbollah's leader's view on Jews and THEN you'll have your evidence.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh, it proves something. It proves that a majority, or large amount, in those countries support Hezbollah in a general sense. It also provides something too, another stawman for you. Specifically, that supporting hezbollah = supporting their leaders desire for genocide against the Jews.
    So supporting an organization doesn't = supporting the goals of that organization? Gotcha.

    Considering that Hezbollah now provides social services, operates schools, hospitals, and agricultural services for many of these people it is quite possible for someone to generally say yes if they were asked "Do you support Hezbollah" but if you asked them "Do you support Hezbollah's leaders desire for genocide of jews" that they say no.

    If someone asked me back in the 2000's "Do you support George W. Bush" I'd say yes. If someone asked me "Do you support George W. Bush's desire for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage" I'd say no. If they asked "Do you support George W. Bush's desire for comprehensive immigration reform" I'd say no.
    You are once again comparing apples and oranges. A terrorist organization which calls for the genocide of world Jewry on the one hand and the former POTUS on the other.

    Agreeing with something, in a general sense, does not mean one agrees with every individual portion that makes up that something in a more specific sense.

    Your numbers prove nothing in regards to the topic of this poll and just create another strawman. Find me a percentage number of people in those countries who support Hezbollah's leader's view on Jews and THEN you'll have your evidence.
    So the fact that the majority of these people hate Jews and the majority of these people support the organization that calls for the genocide of the Jewish people proves absolutely nothing, you have to act the direct question of "do you support the genocide of Jews"? Are you freaking kidding me?
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 05-21-10 at 10:03 AM.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Nope, I seem to want to dismiss it IN THIS THREAD because its not the topic OF THIS THREAD and thus you're attempting to create a strawman to derail it from talking about whether or not a majority of muslims hold an extreme view of genocide towards jews to one of whether or not they're just really unfavorable towards jews.
    Fine and dandy then we'll just say the majority of Muslims hate Jews instead.

  9. #39
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    So supporting an organization doesn't = supporting the goals of that organization? Gotcha.
    No, supporting an organization != agreeing/supporting every actino of said organization.

    You're making an assumption. This is the problem with polls and statistics and why people like you use them in an attempt to bolster points that they have nothing to do with.

    You are once again comparing apples and oranges. A terrorist organization on the one hand and the former POTUS on the other.
    No, I'm comparing apples to apples. I'm comparing someone agreeing with someone broadly, but disagreeing on specifics to someone agreeing with someone broadly, but disagreeing on specifics.

    So the fact that the majority of these people hate Jews and the majority of these people support the organization that calls for the genocide of the Jewish people proves absolutely nothing,
    You have not shown that a majority of people HATE Jews. You're really, really bad at understanding how polls and statistics work aren't you? A majority of these people have an unfavorable opinion on jews. A number of them support an organization that provides a plethora of social services. A majority of them in many of these countries also feel that violence against civilians is never justified. None of these things however tell us a majority of them want genocide against the Jews.

    That's an assumption of yours based off you taking polls and then deciding they mean something other than what was asked.

    you have to act the direct question of "do you support the genocide of Jews"? Are you freaking kidding me?
    Yes, if you want to claim as if some kind of fact that that's what they believe, yes.

    Feeling unfavorable towards jews does not equal wanting them to die.

    Supporting in general an organization that in part provides numerous social services does not necessarily mean agreeing with their desire to kill jews.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: Muslims what do YOU think they really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Fine and dandy then we'll just say the majority of Muslims hate Jews instead.
    Actually, we'll say that a majority of Muslims have an unfavorable opinion of Jews...since that's all your polls actually showed.

    But since that's not the topic of this thread why don't you take your strawman elsewhere.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •