View Poll Results: Do we know the best rules?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 26.67%
  • No

    22 73.33%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: The best rules for society

  1. #31
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In your opinion.
    True. But the fact that you think that that is the best description of what best is, and the fact that I disagree with your thinking that that is the best description of what best is proves my opinion to be correct in this instance.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    God can be interpreted from more than one context. Thus different rules.
    More than one sub-culture, absolutely.

    The existence of many sub-cultures within the United States in no way negates the existence of the United States, for example. Even when we create states within the Union, counties within the states and districts within the counties, or when we passionately disagree on the interpretation of law, we are all still citizens of the same country and subject to the same federal title code.

    I never claimed everyone was exactly uniform. I claimed that everyone was apart of the greater over-arching social organism.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-20-10 at 02:44 PM.

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,893
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: The best rules for society

    you know, if ya ignore all the problems, my society is damn near perfect
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    More than one sub-culture, absolutely.

    The existence of many sub-cultures within the United States in no way negates the existence of the United States, for example. Even when we passionately disagree on the interpretation of law, we are all still citizens of the same country and subject to the same federal title code.

    I never claimed everyone was exactly uniform. I claimed that everyone was apart of the greater over-arching social organism.
    But people in India are not part of the social organism in the US and vice versa.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    True. But the fact that you think that that is the best description of what best is, and the fact that I disagree with your thinking that that is the best description of what best is proves my opinion to be correct in this instance.
    The fact that you agree with me that your opinion is only what you personally believe proves my claim that your statement was just your opinion to be correct.

    My claim has empirical exposition, your opinion does not.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    But people in India are not part of the social organism in the US and vice versa.
    Neither is the kidney a part of the foot, but both are part of the same body.

    As a whole body, there are behaviors which are "best" for the body for it to be as healthy as it can be.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-20-10 at 02:52 PM.

  7. #37
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The fact that you agree with me that your opinion is only what you personally believe proves my claim that your statement was just your opinion to be correct.

    My claim has empirical exposition, your opinion does not.
    Your claims about what "best" is can be objectively proven false, and therefore, my opinion becomes elevated from mere opinion to undeniable fact.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #38
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The best rules for society

    Sure we do:

    Everyone lives and acts within their rights.

    But, this will never happen.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Your claims about what "best" is can be objectively proven false, and therefore, my opinion becomes elevated from mere opinion to undeniable fact.
    A uniform biology and other elements of cultural universal prove mine correct. Every healthy human needs social ties, language and common basic nutrition, for example.

    If your opinion were correct then you would be able to point to a few major societies who have no social ties of any sort and eat only stale beach sand (for example).

  10. #40
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,893
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: The best rules for society

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A uniform biology and other elements of cultural universal prove mine correct. Every healthy human needs social ties, language and common basic nutrition, for example.

    If your opinion were correct then you would be able to point to a few major societies who have no social ties of any sort and eat only stale beach sand (for example).
    the common basic nutrition ain't true, different societies and cultures have different base nutrition needs that they have evolved to in their area, you try feeding a white person on the basic diet of an asian, and they will starve, for example.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •