View Poll Results: Obama: What do you believe

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • He hates all white people

    42 36.21%
  • He is a muslim

    49 42.24%
  • He isnt a citizen

    38 32.76%
  • He wants the terrorist to win

    17 14.66%
  • He wants to take away your guns

    62 53.45%
  • He wants America to fail

    49 42.24%
  • He is the Anti-Christ

    10 8.62%
  • He is a socialist

    62 53.45%
  • none of the above

    36 31.03%
  • you disagree with the whole poll

    21 18.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 181

Thread: Obama: What do you really believe?

  1. #101
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-23-10 @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    116

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    This is likely true, though I was and still am in favor of the bailouts... less so of the bank bailouts, more so of the auto bailouts.

    I would much rather we saved our car manufacturers here in the U.S. than see all those sales go to overseas companies, thus reducing our GDP (by how much I couldn't say) and sending more of our money to foreign companies.
    Or American car companies can stop making crap cars. My friend bought a Ford Focus five years ago, brand new, and he's been having issues with the car. I ask him about it and he says to me, "well, it has got over 100,000 miles on it so it's just breaking down towards the end of it's life." My immediate response was, "Really? Because my family has owned several Hondas which all have over 100,000 miles, one of which has 200,000 miles, and my dad's put close to 300,000 miles on his Camry (Toyota) before it stopped working."

    The difference I want to point out is, his perspective that 100,000 miles is the life expectancy of a car because he's owned an American made car. Whereas I've never owned an American car (I do drive a Chrysler Crossfire now, but this was when Mercedes was partnered with Chrysler and essentially designed/made everything but the frame, so I still insist that I have not ever owned an American made car) and I have no such expectations.

  2. #102
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheServantCharles View Post
    Or American car companies can stop making crap cars. My friend bought a Ford Focus five years ago, brand new, and he's been having issues with the car. I ask him about it and he says to me, "well, it has got over 100,000 miles on it so it's just breaking down towards the end of it's life." My immediate response was, "Really? Because my family has owned several Hondas which all have over 100,000 miles, one of which has 200,000 miles, and my dad's put close to 300,000 miles on his Camry (Toyota) before it stopped working."

    The difference I want to point out is, his perspective that 100,000 miles is the life expectancy of a car because he's owned an American made car. Whereas I've never owned an American car (I do drive a Chrysler Crossfire now, but this was when Mercedes was partnered with Chrysler and essentially designed/made everything but the frame, so I still insist that I have not ever owned an American made car) and I have no such expectations.
    you're misinformed. american made cars have been ramping up their quality for some time now, and while they may not always beat foreign cars, they are damnded close, and also cheaper to repair. we drive a 2002 and 2004 chevy, and they both have been pretty damned good cars. 125k on the 2004, and 160k on the 2002. maybe 2 grand in repairs over the life, including normal maintenance.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #103
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    I wonder what people actually believe? How much mis-information is out there, how gullible are people?

    I listen to talk radio every day at work but rather than thinkin its gospel i understand its just comedy and entertainment but listening to them, and the same people on Faox News, Hannity, Beck, Rush Id really like to know what fallacies people still believe?

    Most recently on talk radio they said people just need to realize that Obama "Hates all white people" and "wants payback" and "has a chip on his shoulder hates this country, will do nothing for whites wants it all to go to minorities, wants to bring america down and he wants the terrorist to win? LMAO

    Wow, do people actually believe this? A while ago harris polls stated this for republicans:

    * Is a socialist (67%)
    * Wants to take away Americans' right to own guns (61%)
    * Is a Muslim (57%)
    * Wants to turn over the sovereignty of the United States to a one world government (51%); and
    * Has done many things that are unconstitutional (55%).

    Also large numbers of Republicans also believe that President Obama:

    * Resents America's heritage (47%)
    * Does what Wall Street and the bankers tell him to do (40%)
    * Was not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president (45%)
    * Is the "domestic enemy that the U.S. Constitution speaks of" (45%)
    * Is a racist (42%)
    * Want to use an economic collapse or terrorist attack as an excuse to take dictatorial powers (41%)
    * Is doing many of the things that Hitler did (38%).

    Even more remarkable perhaps, fully 24% of Republicans believe that "he may be the Anti-Christ" and 22% believe "he wants the terrorists to win."

    total people believe this:
    # He is a socialist (40%)
    # He wants to take away Americans' right to own guns (38%)
    # He is a Muslim (32%)
    # He wants to turn over the sovereignty of the United States to a one world government (29%)
    # He has done many things that are unconstitutional (29%)
    # He resents America's heritage (27%)
    # He does what Wall Street and the bankers tell him to do (27%)
    # He was not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president (25%)
    # He is a domestic enemy that the U.S. Constitutions speaks of (25%)
    # He is a racist (23%)
    # He is anti-American (23%)
    # He wants to use an economic collapse or terrorist attack as an excuse to take dictatorial powers (23%)
    # He is doing many of the things that Hitler did (20%)
    # He may be the Anti-Christ (14%)
    # He wants the terrorists to win (13%)

    so what do YOU believe check all that you find true
    wow...looks like a whole bunch of non member **************** voted in this poll.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #104
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-23-10 @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    116

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you're misinformed. american made cars have been ramping up their quality for some time now, and while they may not always beat foreign cars, they are damnded close, and also cheaper to repair. we drive a 2002 and 2004 chevy, and they both have been pretty damned good cars. 125k on the 2004, and 160k on the 2002. maybe 2 grand in repairs over the life, including normal maintenance.
    I'm not misinformed, merely biased. As for repairs and up keep, my father happens to work for Honda, so not so much an issue for our family. I am fully willing to apologize for the false assumption of the crappy nature of American cars and acknowledge that less and less is this the case. However, I cannot deny I still disdain the idea of buying a car from an American manufacture because...of the United Auto Workers union. But we're going on a tangent now.

  5. #105
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheServantCharles View Post
    I'm not misinformed, merely biased. As for repairs and up keep, my father happens to work for Honda, so not so much an issue for our family. I am fully willing to apologize for the false assumption of the crappy nature of American cars and acknowledge that less and less is this the case. However, I cannot deny I still disdain the idea of buying a car from an American manufacture because...of the United Auto Workers union. But we're going on a tangent now.
    disdain all you wish....but don't mislead people about why.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #106
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-23-10 @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    116

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    disdain all you wish....but don't mislead people about why.
    Again, I apologized as I realize I may be in error in regards to the quality of American cars, but so far as my limited experience with them goes...the statement I made was still accurate to me when I made it. I acknowledge that there are people less biased and more informed on the subject than me, and you've stated you are such; hence I have momentarily respectfully withdrawn my comment as it may be in error. Until such a time as I've done the research to see if what you say is wholly accurate or not, I am merely operating under the assumption of the supremacy of your experience in this subject. How have I mislead anyone?

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    To be fair, I wonder what many liberals believe(d) about Bush.

  8. #108
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    To be fair, I wonder what many liberals believe(d) about Bush.
    I believe he is a small glimpse of the disaster of what a Palin presidency would look like.

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I believe he is a small glimpse of the disaster of what a Palin presidency would look like.
    I can agree somewhat, but I was mainly thinking things like "Bush is the devil, ?Bush did 9/11, Bush went to war for oil..." And all those crazy things that were said and people actually believed.

    On a side note, I like what Palin believes and I agree with her on several things, but she isn't presidential material (nor do I think she has the intelligence to run the country).

  10. #110
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,872
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama: What do you really believe?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    To be fair, I wonder what many liberals believe(d) about Bush.
    he hated all white people too
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •