Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111

Thread: Your Favorite President?

  1. #71
    Student Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-28-10 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    211

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    FDR, hands down. Others I've always liked would be Clinton, Wilson, Washington, Nixon, and LBJ in no particular order.

    I always laugh when people try to claim that Washington held political beliefs at all akin to their own, on either side. Washington didn't have strong political convictions either way, first and foremost he was a military genius, and secondly he was simply wanted America to survive and prosper, he didn't know what was the best way to go about it. He was a symbol, although quoting the Dark Knight in this context is silly, he was the President America needed. When modern political ideologues "claim" him as their own it's really nothing more than posturing.

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    FDR, hands down. Others I've always liked would be Clinton, Wilson, Washington, Nixon, and LBJ in no particular order.

    I always laugh when people try to claim that Washington held political beliefs at all akin to their own, on either side. Washington didn't have strong political convictions either way, first and foremost he was a military genius, and secondly he was simply wanted America to survive and prosper, he didn't know what was the best way to go about it. He was a symbol, although quoting the Dark Knight in this context is silly, he was the President America needed. When modern political ideologues "claim" him as their own it's really nothing more than posturing.
    If you like runaway government, exploding deficits, massive bureaucracy you ought to love FDR



  3. #73
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Careful. You just agreed with me again. Next thing you know you are going to be a commie lovin' liberal.
    One of my best friends at one time of my life was radical lawyer Ron Kuby



  4. #74
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Polk?
    As in "Manifest Destiny"?
    inorite? Unjust wars ROCK!

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Abraham Lincoln saved the country and the National character.

    JFK/Johnson again rescued the national character from the brink...

  6. #76
    Student Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-28-10 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    211

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    If you like runaway government, exploding deficits, massive bureaucracy you ought to love FDR
    Considering how many threads we've clashed in recently you'd think that you would know by now that I absolutely love those things.

    Can't say I'm surprised though.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Bush II-appointed a man who might well go down in history as one of the top modern USSC CJs
    ...as the most destructive conservative activist judges of all time.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The president I have the least problems with is Eisenhower.
    That's because he spent most of his presidency on the golf course, just saying.

  9. #79
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Considering how many threads we've clashed in recently you'd think that you would know by now that I absolutely love those things.

    Can't say I'm surprised though.
    yeah I know-you are a hater of private property and think there is no such thing as too much government

    But at least you are honest. There are people out there who deny FDR set the stage for the massive bureaucracy we have by destroying the tenth amendment



  10. #80
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,539

    Re: Your Favorite President?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    ...as the most destructive conservative activist judges of all time.
    Really? remind me how his justices voted on Heller and the eminent domaine cases



Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •