View Poll Results: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was bad for America

    48 41.03%
  • No, it was good for America

    51 43.59%
  • A little bad and a little good. Overall it was neutral

    4 3.42%
  • A little bad and a little good. It changed a lot but not one way or the other.

    10 8.55%
  • Other...

    6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 356

Thread: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Dr. Laura

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Is that you?
    No, it's me as Jerry sees me.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Hunter/gatherer dynamic is evolutionary. Men are generally, physically, stronger and can therefore sustain more the physical effort needed to hunt game. Women, not being equally physical are better suited to gathering. We still retain those evolutionary differences and they don't stop at physical build either. Women seek out security for their offspring while men seek the most viable female to ensure the continuation of his genes. These and other evolutionary holdovers still dictate much of our behavior. Just because you have high testosterone makes you an anomaly or an exception, not the rule. You are arguing based on your personal bias and ignoring the the norm.
    The "norm" is more cultural than genetic.

    I've actually presented evidence behind my points. You say Hunter/gatherer as if that is a proven fact, versus a theory of social development. There is no written history from the hunter/gatherer era, and there are multiple competing theories about how early human societies operated.

    VegSource Article

    Fail.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    So you husband likes the way you stroke it?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you husband likes the way you stroke it?
    Do you have a purpose on this forum any longer besides wandering around dazed and pathetic, uttering an occasional witless non sequitur?

    Where is your wife? Do you really think she'd approve of this new persona of yours?
    Last edited by 1069; 05-15-10 at 06:43 PM.

  5. #335
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Overall, was feminism bad for America?OK, let's everyone stop the personal attacks and get back to the topic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    It is a common mentality for the privileged to believe that everyone else could be as well-off as they are, if only they applied themselves, quit whining about injustice, quit being so lazy, quit doing whatever it is that they're doing wrong.

    After all, the privileged know, deep in their hearts, that they're nothing special.
    It stands to reason, then, that the underprivileged must be even worse. And they should just stop it- whatever it is- and work harder, then they'd be able to enjoy all the advantages that the privileged do.

    The reason the advantaged subscribe to this mentality is that the alternative- which is that they've done absolutely nothing to deserve the advantages they have- is distasteful and unpleasant.
    Most people can't accept it.

    It's easier to blame the disadvantaged, than to truly open one's eyes and see that nothing separates you from them except an accident of birth.
    That life is unfair, and you're on the receiving end. That the odds are unjustly tipped in your favor, and unjustly tipped against your neighbor.

    If you accepted this, you might have to do something about it; it might require sacrificing some of your comforts and material advantages.
    It would certainly require venturing outside your emotional comfort zone; laying aside the protection of your smug self-righteousness.

    Most of you never will.
    Therefore, change comes at your expense, rather than with your support and cooperation.
    Just please don't whine at me about it. If you chose, you could be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.
    Last edited by 1069; 05-15-10 at 07:40 PM.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    The reason the advantaged subscribe to this mentality is that the alternative- which is that they've done absolutely nothing to deserve the advantages they have- is distasteful and unpleasant.
    Most people can't accept it.

    It's easier to blame the disadvantaged, than to truly open one's eyes and see that nothing separates you from them except an accident of birth.
    That life is unfair, and you're on the receiving end, That the odds are unjustly tipped in your favor, and unjustly tipped against your neighbor.
    I have decided that it's a combination of pure undeserved luck and personal initiative. Some people are born with zero luck, but take a lot of personal initiative, and become very successful. Some people are dealt a great hand of cards, and parlay it into winning the game. Some people are dealt a great hand, and piss it all away. Some people get a mediocre hand but play it pretty well.

    There's no denying, however, that what people start with in this country varies to a degree that is practically unimaginable to the advantaged. Life is not at all fair, and by and large, there is no justice. Kids who start out with a hand full of nothing have a very difficult time making it into even the middle class.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Kids who start out with a hand full of nothing have a very difficult time making it into even the middle class.
    There's really no reason why this should be. I'd suspect it's more of a mindset thing. Parents pass on their lack of initiative to their children.

    Made even worse by outside sources telling them that they might as well give up, because there's no way someone like them could make it in such a racist sexist backwards country.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    There's really no reason why this should be.


    Have you ever spent a day of your life in a failing school? Or lived in a really dangerous neighborhood where you hear gunshots at night and step on syringes on the way to school? Or lived in a home where your dad is in prison and your mom has destroyed her brain and her humanity on crack? Or where your mom's current live-in boyfriend beats you for looking at him funny? Or where you have rotten teeth that hurt constantly because you don't have dental care?

    You know very little about other people's lives, Dav. You're clearly incredibly sheltered.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Overall, was feminism bad for America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post


    Have you ever spent a day of your life in a failing school? Or lived in a really dangerous neighborhood where you hear gunshots at night and step on syringes on the way to school? Or lived in a home where your dad is in prison and your mom has destroyed her brain and her humanity on crack? Or where your mom's current live-in boyfriend beats you for looking at him funny? Or where you have rotten teeth that hurt constantly because you don't have dental care?

    You know very little about other people's lives, Dav. You're clearly incredibly sheltered.
    You know, Catz, poverty really sucks.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •