View Poll Results: Regarding the "Cordoba House" mosque being built 2 blocks from ground zero in NYC...

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is OK by me

    51 36.43%
  • This is NOT OK at all

    85 60.71%
  • Other (Explain)

    4 2.86%
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 510

Thread: Mosque near WTC moves forward

  1. #81
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I think it's been almost 9 freaking years, and if they aren't over their grief enough to be able to tolerate the sight of a mosque, they've got problems that "a little consideration" isn't going to be able to fix.

    This shouldn't be about "a little consideration." This should be about life moving on and very different groups of people trying to figure out how to better co-exist.
    Would you fell the same if a pro-life church that was adamantly pro-life wanted to be built next to an abortion clinic or across the street from it , maybe even have a statue of Scott Reoder? Sure almost all pro-lifers/anti-abortionist are opposed to legalized abortion(except maybe legalized a few extreme cases), while most Muslims on the other hand probably do not give a rats ass about the USA.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #82
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Like I said, bigotry and little else.

    So lets just ban Islam in the US outright. Then we can throw the Constitution in the garbage while we are at it.
    The long term goal of jihadist is to establish a worldwide caliphate. Groups like CAIR (The Council on American-Islamic Relations) use our constitution against us when ever possible. They are part of the jihad against the west.

    We cannot ban Islam and they know it. We as infidels one day, probably not in our life time will submit to Allah, be subjugated (enslaved) or die. I don't know about you but I will die fighting before I submit to satan, oh I mean Allah.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  3. #83
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    bigotry? Please elaborate.
    "The Arabic term 'islam means "submission" and itself comes from the term 'aslama, which means "to surrender, resign oneself." In Islam, the fundamental duty of each Muslim is to submit to Allah (Arabic for "the God") and whatever Allah wants of them. A person who follows Islam is called a Muslim, and this means "one who surrenders to God." It is thus clear that the concept of submission to the will, desires, and commands and God is inextricably linked to Islam as a religion — it's an inherent part of the name of the religion, of the religion's followers, and of the basic tenets of Islam." - What is Islam? In Islam, Peace is Based on Submission & Surrender to God - But Peace and Justice Cannot Exist on the Basis of Submission & Surrender

    The perverted meaning you use is not only wrong, but is as bad as the Muslim extremists.

    Like I said; why don't we just ban it and throw the Constitution away. It's obvious it means little.

    PS Surrendering our lives to God is exactly the same thing Christians do. We submit to his will.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-08-10 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #84
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    The long term goal of jihadist is to establish a worldwide caliphate. Groups like CAIR (The Council on American-Islamic Relations) use our constitution against us when ever possible. They are part of the jihad against the west.

    We cannot ban Islam and they know it. We as infidels one day, probably not in our life time will submit to Allah, be subjugated (enslaved) or die. I don't know about you but I will die fighting before I submit to satan, oh I mean Allah.
    Well than live in fear my friend. I choose to live free and enjoy the fruits of what the founders intended. Freedom to worship openly the God or gods of my choosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #85
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well than live in fear my friend. I choose to live free and enjoy the fruits of what the founders intended. Freedom to worship openly the God or gods of my choosing.
    Even if the god of your choosing does not allow others gods? Even if the god of your choosing demands that you kill those who do not submit to him?

    I do not live in fear
    Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me.
    I am free and I will do everthing I can to make sure my family and there decendents remain free in a country where freedom reigns.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 05-08-10 at 01:39 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #86
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Co-exist, such a peaceful word. To bad we don't all live in this utopia where everything is peaceful and people don't want to kill us because we are kafirs (non-believers).
    Um, I don't know about you, but I live in America, which is a fascinating little nation where lots of different people live together peacefully and have no interest in slaughtering one another. As for those who do insist on violating the natural rights of others, well, that's what we have peace officers and the rule of law and a military for.

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Anyway sorry to interupt your imaginary world. Stick your head back in the flowers.
    I'd love to, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep feeling the urge to help you pull yours out of your ass.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #87
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I would be happy if so called moderate muslims of the world would stand up to the jihadist. The jihadist who serve Allah (satan). The jihadist who actually submit to Allah and do what muslims are supposed to do according to the Quran.
    Right, and what about the violent things the Bible commands us to do?

    Are Christians who refuse to adhere to those tenets then not-Christians?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #88
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Would you fell the same if a pro-life church that was adamantly pro-life wanted to be built next to an abortion clinic or across the street from it , maybe even have a statue of Scott Reoder? Sure almost all pro-lifers/anti-abortionist are opposed to legalized abortion(except maybe legalized a few extreme cases), while most Muslims on the other hand probably do not give a rats ass about the USA.
    Your comparison is invalid, unless you are suggesting that the potential mosque in question is being planned by, or is being built to honor, militants.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #89
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Um, I don't know about you, but I live in America, which is a fascinating little nation where lots of different people live together peacefully and have no interest in slaughtering one another. As for those who do insist on violating the natural rights of others, well, that's what we have peace officers and the rule of law and a military for.



    I'd love to, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep feeling the urge to help you pull yours out of your ass.
    Like I said you live in an imaginary world where lots of different people live together peacefully. Right, get back with me when you wake up from this dream.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  10. #90
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Even if the god of your choosing does not allow others gods?
    "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." - Exodus 20:3 1

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Even if the god of your choosing demands that you kill those who do not submit to him?
    "They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." - 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I am free and I will do everthing I can to make sure my family and there decendents remain free in a country where freedom reigns.
    Freedom will no longer reign if people who talk like you have anything to say about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •