View Poll Results: Regarding the "Cordoba House" mosque being built 2 blocks from ground zero in NYC...

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is OK by me

    51 36.43%
  • This is NOT OK at all

    85 60.71%
  • Other (Explain)

    4 2.86%
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 510

Thread: Mosque near WTC moves forward

  1. #51
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    That would be because most conservatives do not study or attend university.
    Even so, they would certainly double-check their siggy for syntax

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  2. #52
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Trust me there are just as many Muslim bigots as their are American bigots. And what is America? Is it a nation or a continent?

    I hate blacks and you know why? Because I didn't oppress them and the ones who are younger than 40 have not been oppressed. And they are walking around like they deserve reparation. For what? Poverty will continue because it is a thing of life. Even the ones who are poor can manage to get out of poverty by talking right, smiling, working right, it is possible. But too many black people make the excuse that they are being discriminated by against and they forget that everyone gets discriminated against.
    You hate blacks? You my friend are what is wrong with America not conservatives.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    You hate blacks? You my friend are what is wrong with America not conservatives.
    That was sarcasm You know how she said she hates America half the time.....and no conservatives are what is wrong with this nation.

  4. #54
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    I believe so as well. But the fact is that the Muslim rule doesn't affect us on choosing how we can live. The government of the US encourages fear campaign for the sole purpose of reducing freedoms here, but its ok because people apparently believe Islam is a real threat. It really isn't, because those nations that have rule of the Koran or whatever do not try and push their weight internationally. That is our place the USAs. And because since we have been in Afghanistan there has not been a single successful terrorist attack on us by Al-Queda. Al-Queda is practically not a threat anymore. They have lost all of their power.
    I disagree globalization has forced ideologies to rub against each other some of these are uncompatable and conflict will be the result.The main fight in the war on terror is an ideological one i dont think we can compromise are way out of it.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #55
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    That was sarcasm You know how she said she hates America half the time.....and no conservatives are what is wrong with this nation.
    Ok, I believe you were being sarcastic. And I agree America has its problems, and that is an understatment, but I still love this country, I just wish we would do what needs to be done to fix our problems and stop this march towards a nanny craddle to grave entitlement state.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #56
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    And yet, there is no getting around the fact that the 9/11 hijackers were Muslims motivated by Jihad. I get a little baffled sometimes by people who don't seem to want to recognize that little fact, or the undeniable truth that Islam seems to produce an aweful lot of terrorists. How many of the most recent 100 suicide bombers were Muslim? Is the number 99 or 100? Has any other religion produced 100 suicide bombers in the past decade... or even 10?

    (Emperor Hirohito, BTW, was actually not directly responsible for Pearl Harbor... he was little more than a figurehead to the ruling Genru until he did the unthinkable in 1945 and addressed the Japanese people directly, calling on them to surrender. )

    Ever lost a loved one to murder? It is very hard not to hate the perpetrators and anyone associated with them. I think this is at least arguably, a bit insensitive to the families of the 9/11 victims.

    Doesn't anyone else find it just a smidge odd, that WE are supposed to be uber-sensitive to the needs, wants, feelings and sensibilities of EVERYONE else, yet nobody seems to give a good flying **** if something might offend US?
    In the US freedom of religion is so important it was framed specifically in the Constitution. If we start discriminating against Muslims, based on a fear of the extremists, the terrorists have won.

    Should we stop letting Catholic and Christian churches be built within 2 bocks of abortion clinics and hospitals that preform abortions because the victims of Christian extremists mite be offended?

    We as a country need to stop worrying about who gets offended by people exorcising freedoms protected directly under our Constitution.

    Seems to me we will have a much bigger problem when we are no longer allowed to be offended. Much like the religious leader who was arrested in England for saying homosexuality is a sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #57
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    A $100 million dollar glass mosque called the "Cordoba House" is being built approximately 2 blocks away from ground zero. The purpose, according to Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf, is to "...foster better relations between the West and Muslims." Costs are being handled by groups such as the Ford Foundation and the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, which would pay for the construction.

    Not everyone is on board though...




    So weigh in -- is this all OK due to the stated intent, or is it NOT okay and this type of outreach building should be built somewhere not so close to the site of 9/11?





    Read more: Plan for mosque near World Trade Center site moves ahead

    I have no problem with it. Banning a mosque near the trade center because of what some muslim terrorist did would be like banning the catholic church from building a daycare near a pre-school or elementary school because of what a few pedophile priest did(in case non one else point that out).
    Last edited by jamesrage; 05-08-10 at 11:44 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Wow, this thread really went off the rails. We've got people slamming America, Christianity, Whites, Blacks, slavery, Northerners, bigots, Obama, and lil' ol' me.

    Sorry Ten, but you've been on Ignore for over half a year... this post of yours that I only saw because so many people quoted it is a good example of why you're on Ignore.

    Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Nevermind legality, since I never said it should be illegal... let's consider if it would be wise, prudent and considerate to put:
    -A Branch Davidian church next door to the OKC Murrah building site, or a memorial honoring Tim McVeigh.
    -A memorial honoring Custer on main street in an Indian Reservation.
    -a Shinto Shrine to Hirohito at Pearl Harbor, even though Hirohito didn't really run Japan and didn't give the order to attack.
    -A Confederate War Memorial next door to Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam Headquarters.
    -a KKK meeting hall across the street from the NAACP headquarters.

    Legality aside, none of these choices would be wise, prudent or considerate. Neither is building a mosque next door to the site of the fallen Towers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    In the US freedom of religion is so important it was framed specifically in the Constitution. If we start discriminating against Muslims, based on a fear of the extremists, the terrorists have won.

    Should we stop letting Catholic and Christian churches be built within 2 bocks of abortion clinics and hospitals that preform abortions because the victims of Christian extremists mite be offended?

    We as a country need to stop worrying about who gets offended by people exorcising freedoms protected directly under our Constitution.

    Seems to me we will have a much bigger problem when we are no longer allowed to be offended. Much like the religious leader who was arrested in England for saying homosexuality is a sin.

    I never said it should be illegal or forbidden, just that I didn't think it was a good idea. I also said that what with all this sensitivity we're supposed to show for everyone else, it would be nice if someone returned the favor for once.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #59
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I never said it should be illegal or forbidden, just that I didn't think it was a good idea. I also said that what with all this sensitivity we're supposed to show for everyone else, it would be nice if someone returned the favor for once.
    I understand that. Just wanted to make my point and you happened to be my victim, Bwhahahahaha!

    It would be nice, but we need to take the high road in my humble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #60
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So weigh in -- is this all OK due to the stated intent, or is it NOT okay and this type of outreach building should be built somewhere not so close to the site of 9/11?
    This question is about as retarded as asking people if they're okay with someone building a taco stand in Texas.

    Just saying.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •