View Poll Results: Regarding the "Cordoba House" mosque being built 2 blocks from ground zero in NYC...

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is OK by me

    51 36.43%
  • This is NOT OK at all

    85 60.71%
  • Other (Explain)

    4 2.86%
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 510

Thread: Mosque near WTC moves forward

  1. #471
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Rauf says we are.
    Yes in the same way we follow "natural law" not literally Sharia law. My goodness are you actually reading the story's?

    "that a society that follows natural law, such as America, is already practicing Sharia.

    Oh look at that. Whole different meaning in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Rauf says we are.



    No Mosques At Ground Zero
    Good thing Rauf doesn't make the laws.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #473
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    ... or any similar instrument...

    Like the human voice. Sorry but you didn't know this part when you posted.
    Yeah you're absolutely right about that.

    Don't see how it would be possible for a church bell to be heard in Manhattan anyways.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  4. #474
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    So says you.
    So says most level-headed individuals.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #475
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So says most level-headed individuals.

    He called Frank Gaffney a hack. You say so too?

    OBL 11/24/02

  6. #476
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    He called Frank Gaffney a hack. You say so too?
    In October 2008, Gaffney questioned whether then Senator Barack Obama of Illinois is a "natural born citizen of the United States" and his legal eligibility to be the President of the United States.

    In a February 2009 Washington Times column, Gaffney accused President Obama of "embracing the agenda of the Muslim Brotherhood," a militant organization banned throughout the Middle East.

    In April 2009, Gaffney appeared on television and accused President Obama of using coded language to indicate that America would submit to Sharia law.

    In a June 9, 2009, Washington Times article Gaffney wrote: "With Mr. Obama's unbelievably ballyhooed address in Cairo Thursday to what he calls "the Muslim world" (hereafter known as "the Speech"), there is mounting evidence that the president not only identifies with Muslims, but actually may still be one himself."

    Gaffney continued his "Obama as Crypto-Muslim" theme in another article on February 24, 2010. In his column on Andrew Breitbart's BigGovernment blog, Gaffney attacked the administration's plans to modernize and update the missile defense program as "US submission to Islam" from "an Alinsky acolite", citing as "evidence" the redesigned logo of the Missile Defense Agency.

    "Team Obama’s anti-anti-missile initiatives are not simply acts of unilateral disarmament of the sort to be expected from an Alinsky acolyte. They seem to fit an increasingly obvious and worrying pattern of official U.S. submission to Islam and the theo-political-legal program the latter’s authorities call Shariah.

    "What could be code-breaking evidence of the latter explanation is to be found in the newly-disclosed redesign of the Missile Defense Agency logo.... As Logan helpfully shows, the new MDA shield appears ominously to reflect a morphing of the Islamic crescent and star with the Obama campaign logo."
    However, Al Kamen reports that the new Missile Defense Agency logo is over three years old and was actually developed during the George Bush administration."


    He is the worst kind of political hack. One that is a bigot and hides behind intellectualism to disguise his bigotry.

    I am not even going into the fact he is a tin foil hat wearing Republican.

    He is everything I said.

    Anything else?

    PS here is the best one...

    "On March 12, 2009, Gaffney appeared on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews and accused Iraqi President Saddam Hussein of being involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing, "There is also circumstantial evidence, not proven by any means, but nonetheless some pretty compelling circumstantial evidence of Saddam Hussein's Iraq being involved with the people who perpetrated both the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center and even the Oklahoma City bombing."

    He is indeed the worst kind of hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #477
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Jihad Watch?

    Are we supposed to take that seriously?

    That has all the credibility of the last hack article you posted.
    Jihad Watch post articles from ligit news organizations. Robert Spencer received a Master's degree in the department of Religious Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1986. He is the creator of Jihad Watch and has published nine books, including two New York Times bestsellers. He authored The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion which I have read.

    I think he knows more about the subject of Islam than you do my friend.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 05-10-10 at 11:17 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #478
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Jihad Watch post articles from ligit news organizations. Robert Spencer received a Master's degree in the department of Religious Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1986. He is the creator of Jihad Watch and has published nine books, including two New York Times bestsellers. He authored The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion which I have read.

    I think he knows more about the subject of Islam than you do my friend.
    Makes him no less a political hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #479
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Makes him no less a political hack.
    How is he a political hack, in fact Im not even sure what his political leaning is. He is an expert in the field of religious studies. What are your qualifications? Im not sure being an ex tread head qualifies you as an expert on religious studies.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 05-10-10 at 11:44 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  10. #480
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Mosque near WTC moves forward

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    How is he a political hack, in fact Im not even sure what his political leaning is. He is an expert in the field of religious studies. What are your qualifications? Im not sure being an ex tread head qualifies you as an expert on religious studies.
    I am no expert on Islam, that is for certain. I do however have an extensive background in anthropology. So I have some insight.

    Just because I did not write a NY Times best seller, makes me no less knowledgeable or able to make an informed decision.

    His remarks are allot of hype at times with just enough truth to make it believable. Perfect for the gullible and weak minded politically speaking. Don't have to even get into the bigotry involved.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-10-10 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •