View Poll Results: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Move Jolt him!

    28 62.22%
  • Bad Move He Caused No Harm!

    13 28.89%
  • Other

    4 8.89%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    11-18-12 @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    520
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?


  2. #62
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    As long as everyone agrees to what they're getting into, I have no issue with it either way. /shrug
    I don't quite disagree with that. However, using tazers instead of tackling is well more dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Parent and children agree to it, why not?
    It's fine, but you'll end up doing well more damage than had you simply played tackle football.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Tazering stopped him quickly without harming anyone. Problem solved. That there may have been other ways to solve the situation doesn't negate the fact that the way it was handled was successful, not harmful, and efficient.
    It is just as easy to tackle the guy. He's just some drunk r-tard. There was no reason to taze him.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Maybe pansy-asses shouldn't run onto the field.
    Maybe pansy-asses shouldn't be cops.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #63
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ahh, the "outnumbered" argument again.

    Its not a fair fight and isn't supposed to be.

    But it doesn't matter if there is one, six, twelve, or twenty four officers (although by then they'd have a perimeter on the kid). The risk of injury is all the same regardless of how many officers are present if the confrontation gets physical.
    Maybe you can show me where I said it had to be a fair fight? Can you? No? That's right cause I didn't. So if you want to stop trying to assume things and go off of what is written, that would be great. kthanks. The point was that they didn't need to taze him. They had him chased down, they had him out numbered, a simple tackle would have sufficed.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Also, "why" doesn't really matter. If someone assaults an officers after a robbery, or after stealing a pack of bubble gum is all the same, they are both getting the tazer.
    Why always matters. The State has presumption of guilt. They initiate force, they are suspect, they need to answer. Why is very important. Though not to anything which was being said. My point there was to put in perspective the act of tazering the guy and the reason for it. It wasn't assault he got tazed for, so please try to be consistent and honest. It was trespassing.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Now for the sake of morons and idiots I have to add a disclaimer that I already stated the use of the tazer was not necessary in this case, as he was only fleeing and not physically threatening or attacking officers. I just can't ****ing stand it when idiots talk about how many officers there are, as if the risks go away when more show up and the person still acts the same.
    I can't stand when idiots can't read and the assume things which were not said so they can make a dumb ass rant about something which didn't exist. ****ing idiots.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #64
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Maybe you can show me where I said it had to be a fair fight? Can you? No? That's right cause I didn't. So if you want to stop trying to assume things and go off of what is written, that would be great. kthanks. The point was that they didn't need to taze him. They had him chased down, they had him out numbered, a simple tackle would have sufficed.



    Why always matters. The State has presumption of guilt. They initiate force, they are suspect, they need to answer. Why is very important. Though not to anything which was being said. My point there was to put in perspective the act of tazering the guy and the reason for it. It wasn't assault he got tazed for, so please try to be consistent and honest. It was trespassing.



    I can't stand when idiots can't read and the assume things which were not said so they can make a dumb ass rant about something which didn't exist. ****ing idiots.
    You say simple tackle as if that wouldnt be more potential harmful to the tackle-er and the tackl-ee.

    I had occasion last year to have to restrain an individual in an emergency room with a 'simple' manuever. Im in pretty damn good shape...but I dont practice 'tackle' manuevers as part of a fitness regime. As a result, I strained a tendon in my left forearm that caused me to be unable to carry anything without pain for 6 months. And thats WITH PT. and no...I didnt sue or claim workmans comp...

    The other guy? I bruised his sternum pretty good...and that was a 'soft' takedown.

    Tasing (after the initial shock) is more an embarassment than anything else. this kids epic faceplant failure will go into the annals of history for all to see. Bonus. For us I mean.

    Lets review the events. Kid calls dad. Kid: Dad...Im going to run on the field. umm...no son...thats what we call a BAD idea. Kid: **** you dad, Im gonna do it anyway. Kid: look at me! Yay everyone look at me...Im a self important assho....WTF!!! Splat...

    The only 'bad' part about the cop tasing him is he missed with the second wire.

  5. #65
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,447
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Bad move for the kid: He got tasered.
    Good news for the kid: All he got was tasered.

    Found this part of the question interesting:
    Bad Move He Caused No Harm!
    He broke the law.
    Do we have to wait until someone gets hurt? The same policy as Obama/Kerry has for national defense?

    Just say'in.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Tasing (after the initial shock) is more an embarassment than anything else. this kids epic faceplant failure will go into the annals of history for all to see. Bonus. For us I mean.
    Until it kills you. Plus cops should probably be trained in take down maneuvers. In fact, I'd be rather surprised if they weren't. I just think that tazering someone for trespassing is perhaps more response than is necessary.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #67
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Until it kills you. Plus cops should probably be trained in take down maneuvers. In fact, I'd be rather surprised if they weren't. I just think that tazering someone for trespassing is perhaps more response than is necessary.
    My guess is that the 17 year old kid was healthy enough to jump onto the field and run around he is healthy enough to withstand being tased. And if not...hey...thats what paramedics are for.

    Cops ARE trained in takedown maneuvers. THAT would have been far more violent. And again...fun to watch.

    I respectfully disagree.

    BTW...could have been far worse...

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagvYIMJyzU"]YouTube- Guards that Beat Fan are then Beaten by More Fans[/nomedia]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibscinBPGC4&feature=related"]YouTube- football fan runs on field[/nomedia]

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e6WecwGIQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Streaker gets laid out[/nomedia]

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I think tasers are used much too quickly, usually by cops/security guys who are 30 lbs over weight. However, that kid deserved a good old fashioned ass whupping! His dad too! I understand he was sitting with his father actually discussing whether he should do this or not. So, who is more irresponsible, the kid or the dad, for not stopping him?
    Over-reacting, extremism, over zealousness, hatred, fear, envy are the problems. Also laziness, sloth(the so-called parent.)..
    A little tolerance can go a long way.
    Why so much hatred for this poor child?

  9. #69
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    I don't think they go far enough. This is Philly fans afterall, I agree that they need to be preemptively tasered once in a while. It can be named the "for the incidents we missed" ordinance.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #70
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    39

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    6 or 7 security guards against 1 drunk fan. Using a weapon such as a taser was completely unnecessary.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •