View Poll Results: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Move Jolt him!

    28 62.22%
  • Bad Move He Caused No Harm!

    13 28.89%
  • Other

    4 8.89%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 105

Thread: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You think a tackle doesn't have undue pain and risk of death involved?
    Not death, not at the speeds and forces we're talking about here. Maybe painful...but a lot less painful than being electrocuted.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #92
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Maybe you can show me where I said it had to be a fair fight? Can you? No? That's right cause I didn't. So if you want to stop trying to assume things and go off of what is written, that would be great. kthanks. The point was that they didn't need to taze him. They had him chased down, they had him out numbered, a simple tackle would have sufficed.
    A simple tackle could have caused serious injury to both the officer who did the tackling as well as the individual being tackled if they landed improperly. What is it going to take for you to understand that? Do I have to provide photos of the injury I received when tackling a suspect after being assaulted by him instead of just tazing him?




    Why always matters. The State has presumption of guilt. They initiate force, they are suspect, they need to answer. Why is very important. Though not to anything which was being said. My point there was to put in perspective the act of tazering the guy and the reason for it. It wasn't assault he got tazed for, so please try to be consistent and honest. It was trespassing.
    I already said that in this case the tazer was not appropriate. However the "why" doesn't matter if the suspect is physically threatening or assaulting officers and refusing to obey commands after an offense. Whether that offense be trespassing, robbery, or larceny of a 25 cent pack of bubble gum.



    I can't stand when idiots can't read and the assume things which were not said so they can make a dumb ass rant about something which didn't exist. ****ing idiots.
    Yeah, **** those guys.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by barefootguy View Post
    6 or 7 security guards against 1 drunk fan. Using a weapon such as a taser was completely unnecessary.

    Can you explain to me how the number of guards involved in attempting to catch him has to do with anything?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Does anyone who keeps saying this actually have any proof of validation of this? It seems to me that kids are tackling and worse from a very young age, people do it as adults too. And while some injury may occur, it is not often. While tazers do not have a high death rate, they have one which is non-zero. So we keep saying this line, but no one has proven it to be true. It's like we're trying our damnedest to excuse excessive force from the military arm of the government.
    The chance of dying from the tazer is low enough to be considered in the freak accident levels (didn't zyph put up a comparison on this already). While the chance of injury from tackling... well, just look at how often football is delayed due to injuries..... and they are wearing pads.
    If the risk of dying was so high, it would't be a requirement for law enforcement to be tazed themselves before they can use the device. And cities would be getting sued over a family member's "cop in training" dying from its use. Go look up some statistics that don't come from your paranoid anarchy blog websites on the tazer for more info, you know, learn something.


    In the end this guy got tazed from trespassing when a simple tackle would have been more than sufficient.
    Until the tackle caused the kids arm go bend a strange way and then break when the large security guard's weight fully hit him. Then you'd be screaming about how these guards are so abusive. Its a lose-lose situation with paranoid anarchy folks.




    There is zero need for the tazer.
    There is zero need to tackle the scrawny kid and break his arm on accident.

    If you ask the kid if he'd rather have an appendage in a cast or have two little puncture holes on his back/chest. Which do you think he would choose?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Even given the training police/guards might have had in how to take someone down, I think the taser option is the safer option.

    Why do you not think so?

    It seems obvious to me that it is safer.

    Am I missing something?

    You are missing the paranoia of Ikari thinking that if there is any freak risk of death to someone from its use than we cannot use it.

    Starting immediately, we shall revoke any parent's privilege to have a TV weighing over 10 pounds because 25 infants per year get killed from a TV falling on them.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Is this poll and the results typical of today's American people?
    That a majority would want the 17 year old crucified?
    Lets hope not, else I must move to Canada.

    I thought we just stated he should be tazed. I saw nothing about crusification..

    I must be the one who is missing something here.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's undue pain and has risk of death associated with it when something like a tackle or a take down would have must less risk associated with it and is well more called for during a trespassing crime where the suspect was not actually posing a threat to anyone.

    Yes, lets break an arm or leg trying to tackle someone.

    Do some research on officer injuries involved in subjects resisting arrest. Its obvious you know nothing about it.

    You always hear about the "poor kid" or the "poor suspect" and the injuries they received for being a ****ing moron and failing to comply with lawful orders, but the news media never tells you that the officer got injured.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not death, not at the speeds and forces we're talking about here. Maybe painful...but a lot less painful than being electrocuted.
    Do you know how painful being tazed is?

    Have you ever been?

    I have......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #99
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not death, not at the speeds and forces we're talking about here. Maybe painful...but a lot less painful than being electrocuted.
    But the Taser causes the guards/police no pain, thus reducing overall potential for harm.

    And I disagree that there is no chance of death.

    There is ALWAYS a chance of a freak occurrence that results in death...especially when two or more humans moving at run (or even walk) speed collide.

    I refer to my previous post, with a few modifications:

    The taser option has the potential to result in injury/pain for the person tasered. A small potential for death also exists.

    The tackle option has not only the potential but the probability to result in injury/pain for both the person tackled and the person doing the tackling. A small potential for death also exists.

    Thus, my take on it is that tasering someone is almost always going to be the better option.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #100
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Phillies Fan Tasered - Good Move or Bad Move?

    I dont think it was needed.Although there are lots of violent assholes id love to see tasered.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •