View Poll Results: Which is your favorite national conservative talk radio host?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rush Limbaugh

    10 17.24%
  • Glenn Beck

    9 15.52%
  • Sean Hannity

    2 3.45%
  • Laura Ingraham

    5 8.62%
  • Mark Levin

    3 5.17%
  • Michael Savage

    2 3.45%
  • Monica Crowley

    1 1.72%
  • Dennis Miller

    6 10.34%
  • Other conservative talk radio host (specify)

    20 34.48%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

  1. #91
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,364

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Personally, I think this is because liberals tend to use the internet as a source for information, news, and entertainment than the radio.
    All the conservatives I know use the internet for all of those things too as well as the radio and books.


  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    All the conservatives I know use the internet for all of those things too as well as the radio and books.
    Aw gee, that wonderful.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    I think you meant "people who outsource their thinking" and according to fiction are not upwardly mobile and educated. Pretend it is 1990 and claim only "Joe Six Pack" listens to so called talk radio.
    Yeah, those joe six packs are horrible people aren't they?

    It must really be nice to be so upwardly mobile.

    You sure are a great thinker.

    I wish I was as smart as you.

  4. #94
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    All the conservatives I know use the internet for all of those things too as well as the radio and books.
    I'm not saying conservatives don't use the internet for all those things. I'm saying that of the people who listen to talk radio, they're likely to be conservative, most likely because they're older and because they don't have an office job with constant internet access, whereas AM radio can be accessed easier. And liberals tend to use the internet rather than listen to the radio. This is why conservative talk is able to be marketed on radio but not liberal talk, but why liberal news websites and blogs do well along with conservative news websites.
    Last edited by samsmart; 05-04-10 at 08:21 PM.

  5. #95
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I'm not saying conservatives don't use the internet for all those things. I'm saying that of the people who listen to talk radio, they're likely to be conservative, most likely because they're older and because they don't have an office job with constant internet access, whereas AM radio can be accessed easier. And liberals tend to use the internet rather than listen to the radio. This is why conservative talk is able to be marketed on radio but not liberal talk, but why liberal news websites and blogs do well along with conservative news websites.
    Talk radio was around before most people had the internet at home or at work, so that has nothing to do with it. Besides, today you can listen to talk radio on the internet...streaming audio. And there are plenty of conservative leaning internet sites. Conservative talk radio took off in the late 80s mostly when Rush's show went national in 1988 and many other radio talk shows have come about since then. It only got big because conservatives had nowhere to go back then. Liberals had NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, etc, etc. so there was a demand for conservative talk to be somewhere, it happened to be in the form of a radio show. For the most part, it has only been since Foxnews started with conservative opinion shows that there was a place on TV for conservative discussions.

  6. #96
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,364

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    I'd appreciate it if you'd keep the conversation above a 3rd grade level, please.


  7. #97
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    I'll occasionally flip on Rush's show when I'm making lunch, but more often than not, I'll put classical music back on.

    Beck used to be funny until he went off the deep end.

    Hannity is a PITA.

    I used to be able to tolerate a little of O'Reilly's show, but he doesn't call himself a conservative, so I don't know if he counts in this poll.

    Not a conservative, and his medium isn't radio, but I just really like Chris Matthews. He pisses me off, but I like his enthusiasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  8. #98
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I'd appreciate it if you'd keep the conversation above a 3rd grade level, please.
    WTF are you talking about?

  9. #99
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Yeah, those joe six packs are horrible people aren't they?

    It must really be nice to be so upwardly mobile.

    You sure are a great thinker.

    I wish I was as smart as you.
    Yes being able to read decades of demographic data and market research does indeed help one think about matters, as versus some of the rather vacuous stabs at so called reason we are seeing in thread. And yeah, during the early 90s when talk radio programming "blew up" lots of ignorant people tried to label anyone listening to it as Joe Six pack. Basically saying stuff like Captain America did about tobacco juice blah blah blah. Of course that was in the early 90s and since then we do in fact know better. Well some of us who bother to read do, the rest are left having to spin the facts of the matter. Thanks for playing though.

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I'll occasionally flip on Rush's show when I'm making lunch, but more often than not, I'll put classical music back on.

    Beck used to be funny until he went off the deep end.

    Hannity is a PITA.

    I used to be able to tolerate a little of O'Reilly's show, but he doesn't call himself a conservative, so I don't know if he counts in this poll.

    Not a conservative, and his medium isn't radio, but I just really like Chris Matthews. He pisses me off, but I like his enthusiasm.
    Actually O'Reilly's radio show was canceled a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 05-05-10 at 01:13 AM.

  10. #100
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Which is your favorite conservative talk radio host?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post


    Actually O'Reilly's radio show was canceled a couple of years ago.
    Was it because of the loofa sponge? Like I said, I used to be able to tolerate it. I've never been a regular listener to any of these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •