View Poll Results: Does economic warfare exist on a large scale at this time and age?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, economic warfare is clearly visible in the global economy

    15 62.50%
  • Yes, economic warfare is the reason for the various crisis

    1 4.17%
  • Yes, economic warfare is getting big

    0 0%
  • Yes, economic warfare is starting to show itself

    0 0%
  • Yes, new terrorists are economic speculators and do more damage than violent terrorists

    2 8.33%
  • Yes, there is various economic warfare going on

    2 8.33%
  • No, economic warfare do not exist

    1 4.17%
  • other.. (explain)

    3 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Economic warfare

  1. #11
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirepoix View Post
    A part of the Greek debt belongs to the American banks, so I am not sure that the Americans want to wage war against the European economy.
    In a race to the bottom, where everyone is stripped and able to restart, the American economy would stand pretty strong if it was the one who controlled the economic collapse. Even in all circumstances, the American economy is pretty industrius and functional without a "financial system". Ofcourse Europe would also stand strong, but is not by far united enough to start from scratch as well as America, and it would be in American advantage if the whole world defaulted on all existing debts and pushed the "financial reset" button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirepoix View Post
    A possible theater of economic war could be Africa where China fight against other economies (the Western ones) to control all the resources that the continent has.
    China is waging economic warfare on many fronts. China is definetely preparing to be the most powerful wager of economic warfare in the future.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #12
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Economic warfare

    All of the above, except:

    "No, economic warfare do not exist"

  3. #13
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirepoix View Post
    A part of the Greek debt belongs to the American banks, so I am not sure that the Americans want to wage war against the European economy.
    I certainly don't want to. I would be happy to let everyone take care of their own mistakes. We have more than enough financial dysfunction to keep us busy, and we're getting deeper and deeper in debt.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #14
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    What makes you naive enough to believe this?

    How about China? They could be waging economic warfare against the west already. Just because we do not understand the methods, the actuality and the result, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

    OK, let's employ a little Occam's Razor here. Which makes more sense:
    A) There is a secret economic conspiracy afoot by China. There is no evidence of its methods/actuality/result, but umm, somehow it just exists anyway because you say so.
    B) It's a load of horse****.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra
    Undoubtfully the US has the biggest economic toolbox for economic warfare. All major credit rating agencies are US agencies, the US have a global currency, the US have big media(not as powerful as the UK economic media). The economist and financial times alone could definetely create big economic havoc if they so chose to, and who is to not understand that they have or havent?
    All of the credit rating agencies and financial magazines in the world can't make something true. The United States is able to pay a very low interest rate on its debt because investors consider its debt to be essentially risk-free. This isn't just the assessment of Moody's or S&P or The Economist.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #15
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    and it would be in American advantage if the whole world defaulted on all existing debts and pushed the "financial reset" button.
    Why don't you try actually learning something about economics and finance before you make such ridiculous statements. Just a thought.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #16
    User Mirepoix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Last Seen
    02-23-16 @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    29

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    In a race to the bottom, where everyone is stripped and able to restart, the American economy would stand pretty strong if it was the one who controlled the economic collapse. Even in all circumstances, the American economy is pretty industrius and functional without a "financial system". Ofcourse Europe would also stand strong, but is not by far united enough to start from scratch as well as America, and it would be in American advantage if the whole world defaulted on all existing debts and pushed the "financial reset" button.
    Except that if the Americans think that they can control a collapse, they play with the fire. The problem could explode in their hands if it is what they want to do.
    China is waging economic warfare on many fronts. China is definetely preparing to be the most powerful wager of economic warfare in the future.
    It is a political problem, but the source is a kind of economic warfare: China does not want to sanction Iran because it buys its oil. So it is a struggle between China and the Western world there.
    Last edited by Mirepoix; 05-14-10 at 04:59 AM.

  7. #17
    User Mirepoix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Last Seen
    02-23-16 @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    29

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I certainly don't want to. I would be happy to let everyone take care of their own mistakes. We have more than enough financial dysfunction to keep us busy, and we're getting deeper and deeper in debt.
    We are getting deeper and deeper in debt because our governments prefer to borrow money to the rich instead of taxing them.

  8. #18
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Economic warfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirepoix View Post
    We are getting deeper and deeper in debt because our governments prefer to borrow money to the rich instead of taxing them.
    Don't you mean 'because our government prefers to spend more than it takes in'?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    11-18-12 @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    520
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Economic warfare

    Make us less able to maintain our military and trade status. The profits from the closed communist system does'nt go back into the market.
    It is used by the communist to enhance policy.
    Thats why we cant restart our markets our capital is in china an mexico.
    Government debt wont do it. SERVICE work wont do it.
    We are sinking our selfs into the trap of consumerism.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Economic warfare

    There's always those mercenaries, security firms, hitmen, and who knows what, all for money. Of course it's clearly visible.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •