View Poll Results: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am sick and tired of hearing about racism!

    76 87.36%
  • I think the race card should be played more often!

    6 6.90%
  • I am offended that you're offended that someone was offended about racism

    13 14.94%
  • Moar Racist lulz plz!

    7 8.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

  1. #71
    Advisor dadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    just passn thru =:0]
    Last Seen
    04-24-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    304

    Re: I AM REALLY tired of hearing about ( right-wing ) racism

    dirrerent strokes for different folks ??

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: I AM REALLY tired of hearing about ( right-wing ) racism

    Quote Originally Posted by dadman View Post
    dirrerent strokes for different folks ??
    Fail.

    10 characters

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Your obvious prejudices on this topic slanted your survey choices. I think that racism still clearly exists, still deserves to be addressed, and should be addressed openly and candidly, without throwing out names and pots and kettles.

    And, no, I'm not tired of discussing actual racism, and talking about ways to deal with it.
    As I said, I wanted to add a little humor to the poll (hence the choices). Racism should be address where racism truly exists. They should be going to the black communities where there is gang violence between African American and Latinos, they should be going to rural areas where white people discriminate against African Americans, and they need to go to other areas where discrimination and racism are present. However, the don't need to play the race card and call everyone racists simply because it's convenient and an easy way to defame a group's character and message. Plus I think a lot of these anti-racism leaders are bogus morons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

  4. #74
    Advisor dadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    just passn thru =:0]
    Last Seen
    04-24-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    304

    Re: I AM REALLY tired of hearing about ( right-wing ) racism

    I would suggest that your view of racism has a lot to do with the fact that you're white, male, and living in Tennessee. I suspect you rarely experience it.

    All I know is that I have a real problem with people who have nasty rude attitudes ..
    you agree ??

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    As I said, I wanted to add a little humor to the poll (hence the choices). Racism should be address where racism truly exists. They should be going to the black communities where there is gang violence between African American and Latinos, they should be going to rural areas where white people discriminate against African Americans, and they need to go to other areas where discrimination and racism are present. However, the don't need to play the race card and call everyone racists simply because it's convenient and an easy way to defame a group's character and message. Plus I think a lot of these anti-racism leaders are bogus morons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
    Who should be going these places? Maybe you should be going to those places, for starters.

    When you make these kinds of posts, it is an attempt to dismiss other people's perspectives on race because they don't "jive" with your own (I realize the word is jibe, just couldn't resist).

    Is it possible that a 19-year-old black man in Memphis might have a very different experience than you on this subject? Might he have seen/felt/been treated in ways that are very different from how you are treated, simply as a result of your skin color?
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-03-10 at 02:17 PM.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: I AM REALLY tired of hearing about ( right-wing ) racism

    Quote Originally Posted by dadman View Post
    All I know is that I have a real problem with people who have nasty rude attitudes ..
    you agree
    Not really, no. I don't care about attitudes, I care about intelligence and legibility. If it is visually painful to read your post, I stop caring what you have to say.

  7. #77
    Advisor dadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    just passn thru =:0]
    Last Seen
    04-24-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    304

    Re: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

    digsbe: "these anti-racism leaders are bogus morons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton."

    Really .. I agree . . . if racism is to subside ..
    jackson-n-sharpton would be out of a job . . .
    I would call them flame fanners


    Catz Part Deux: "I stop caring what you have to say."

    Thank you Jesus

    Last edited by dadman; 05-03-10 at 02:28 PM.

  8. #78
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    It all started with biological classification, which was convoluted by people like HITLER!
    Godwin FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by dadman View Post
    Thank you Jesus
    It's nice to have imaginary playmates.

    Mine have breasts, though.

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Who here is tired of hearing about racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Who should be going these places? Maybe you should be going to those places, for starters.

    When you make these kinds of posts, it is an attempt to dismiss other people's perspectives on race because they don't "jive" with your own (I realize the word is jibe, just couldn't resist).

    Is it possible that a 19-year-old black man in Memphis might have a very different experience than you on this subject? Might he have seen/felt/been treated in ways that are very different from how you are treated, simply as a result of your skin color?
    I would go to those places, but honestly how do you think my message will be taken in a black/Latino community or as a white Yankee that moved down south? The people who should be addressing this are people within the communities that don't buy into racism or lies.

    And I understand that a 19 year old black man from Memphis may have a different experience, but what about the white kid who is denied aid and scholarships because of his skin color (me) or who is told that my ancestors were wicked slave drivers and that it's my responsibility to atone for the sins of the white race? All of us receive discrimination for one thing or another (race, religion, gender, etc) and all these forms of discrimination are wrong. What irks me though is the race card being played far too liberally (I am not talk about liberals, just using the word). The government and media play the racist card to ignore a group's message or paint them all as backwoods radicals. The leaders (like Sharpton and Jackson) have power and make a killing on accusing people of being racists (heck, Jackson even said Obama deserves to have his nuts cut off for acting too "white"). I think the media and the leaders like Sharpton and Jackson only add fuel to the flame and further divide the country ethnically.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •