View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 99 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #981
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nothing to contribute but insults?
    no insults, you clearly misunderstood what you THINK you read or what I think
    in now way what so ever do I want "freedom of thought or conscience done away with" LMAO how you could be so wrong about that Ill never know. Actually if things go my way youll have MORE freedom of thought.

    Guess only YOURS matters though in stead of other americans



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No, I am telling you what you posted. The meaning is pretty clear.
    but you are in fact NOT, you are telling me how YOU wrongly interpret them, thats whats clear, since you dont get to make that decesion you see how you are just wrong.

    Like I said if i say blue is my favorite color you dont get to tell me its red?????



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again more nonsensical rants, nothing even to respond too.
    agreed because you cant, argue what is being said and not what you are making up in your head, like
    - my morals are more important
    - i want to be rid of freedom of thought or conscience

    none of these things are true by any stretch, so again, ill be waiting for you to give a good reason
    Last edited by AGENT J; 06-09-10 at 08:07 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #982
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    I mean, the word "marriage" under law doesn't have the same definition, requirements, etc. as the word "marriage" in a Christian religion like Catholicism, for example. So the definitions of civil marriage and sacramental marriage are different anyway. It's not like including same-sex couples in civil marriage would affect sacramental marriage because they're separate institutions as it is.
    exactly, this is what nobody gets on the other side, this is a meaningless argument because right now the word marriage is ALREADY different under the law

    so if the word marriage is so sacred(it not, its just a word) its already ruined for people that think that way if its that easy.

    things are only sacred to those who have those opinions, this wouldn't change JUST LIKE NOW, the fact that a singing bear could marry me right now does NOT make marriage "not sacred" to everyone on the planet, thats just silly and logically undependable

    example:
    money is sacred to me
    oh no, it cant be any more because SOMEBODY ELSE spent "sacred" money on gummie bears, money is ruined forever oooooooooh the agony

    nope, not true, "I" could still hold money as sacred as "i" wanted too lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #983
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,982

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Because they practice unhealthy and perverted sexual practices, exclusively.
    Unhealthy? Evidence of how their sexual acts or more unhealthy than heteros that practice the same acts please, otherwise, you should be trying to not allow heteros that engage in anal and oral the right to be married as well, right?

    Perverted? Opinionated rubbish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #984
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,982

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    no insults, you clearly misunderstood what you THINK you read or what I think
    in now way what so ever do I want "freedom of thought or conscience done away with" LMAO how you could be so wrong about that Ill never know. Actually if things go my way youll have MORE freedom of thought.

    Guess only YOURS matters though in stead of other americans




    but you are in fact NOT, you are telling me how YOU wrongly interpret them, thats whats clear, since you dont get to make that decesion you see how you are just wrong.

    Like I said if i say blue is my favorite color you dont get to tell me its red?????





    agreed because you cant, argue what is being said and not what you are making up in your head, like
    - my morals are more important
    - i want to be rid of freedom of thought or conscience

    none of these things are true by any stretch, so again, ill be waiting for you to give a good reason
    Out of the last three pages or so that I have read, you have been disrespectful in every single post. How and why you don't see it is amazingly bizarre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #985
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    Actually, you didn't answer my question of how civil unions somehow don't legitimize gay relationships at all (even though they give identical legal rights to those of marriage), while a simple word change ("marriage") magically causes those relationships to be legitimized.
    Because it does in a sense that society would be more accepting or make it look more normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    Hmm I didn't know every church in the nation had that requirement for their sacramental marriage... Anyway, you can't deny the separation of church and state and here's why: You don't need proof of a sacramental marriage in order to receive a civil marriage license.
    You can not be legally married without a license from the state.

    Who is denying the separation of church and state? You said you can get married in a church without a license, I said no you canít.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    So you're against civil marriage at all, fine with me. But they do exist, separate from any religion (the government doesn't favor Catholic marriages over atheist marriages), so your religious objection to someone else's marriage who follows another religion shouldn't influence the law, sorry.
    And I also stated we have to work with what we have.

    Our voices and desires count every bit as much as anyone elseís. So we vote and that is acceptable.

    So in essence our morals or religion certainly do affect the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    Fine, let's say that federal civil unions are legally equal for the sake of argument. Given that, I still don't understand how you approve of federal civil unions, but literally the substitution of the word "marriage" for "civil union" somehow is a huge problem. I mean, the word "marriage" under federal law doesn't have the same definition, requirements, etc. as the word "marriage" in a Christian religion like Catholicism, for example. So the definitions of civil marriage and sacramental marriage are different anyway. It's not like including same-sex couples in civil marriage would affect sacramental marriage because they're separate institutions as it is.
    Has nothing to do with that in reality. It would be like me voting to make prostitution legal. It is a sin, so I will note vote for it or condone it, period. Gay marriage is the same thing as far as I am concerned.

    I guess we are restricting the rights of females to sell their body to the highest bidder as well? I mean they do own their own body correct?
    Same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    If there was a true separation of church and state like the Constitution guarantees, gay marriage would already be the law. The problem is, politicians don't always separate their own religious views from their decisions within the government. You're right that it simply being an opinion doesn't make it irrelevant. However, in this context you have admitted that your opinion is based completely on your religious views, which DOES make it an irrelevant opinion when we're discussing laws and policies for a nation that is home to many, many people who do not follow your religion. That's the point of a separation of church and state, so that no religion can use the law to impose its views on other people.
    No it does not. We are, all of us the sum of our experiences and our morals are shaped by that. Each individuals morals guide them and many of us remain true to those values. This is very relevant as Christians are members of this society and are capable of shaping it like anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    I mean, I'm Catholic and I still don't think Catholic morals should be the basis of civil laws that everyone, Catholics and non-Catholics alike, has to obey or face punishment from the government. If a Protestant tried to make their religious laws into secular laws that I had to obey, I'd be pissed because I don't believe in them. So no, it doesn't matter that 70% of the nation identify as Christian. It doesn't give Christianity the right to oppress religious minorities under our secular government. It doesn't.
    I agree, I donít want to live in a theocracy. The Bible was not meant to be a system of government. It is a guide for our spiritual salvation. That said, this is not an excuse to live with what we see as corruption and are duty bound to fight against it legally.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    I guess I misspoke, the state has a duty to ensure equal treatment for all citizens. That's the reason for hate laws and affirmative action, to counteract the unequal treatment that certain citizens face.
    In trying to counteract unequal treatment, they cause more and create a larger rift.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-09-10 at 08:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #986
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Out of the last three pages or so that I have read, you have been disrespectful in every single post. How and why you don't see it is amazingly bizarre...
    really? LMAO oh well, he could always just stay on topic and not make stuff up
    I guess if a person lies about me thats not disrespectful and I should not reply?
    I guess if you read the whole thread and a poster insisted they new what "i really meant" thats not either

    sorry, i dont see it because I think my responses are justified to this particular poster who makes stuff up
    thanks for your input though, if you see me doing this with a poster who isnt making stuff up or already hasnt tried to pole me first please let me know
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #987
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    actually yes according to the post and its context just not to according to your wrong interpentation of it LOL

    simply only pointing out how wrong you are and you dont know what you are talking about LMAO

    yes i argued how YOUR morals dont matter because its discrimination UNDER THE LAW, you still get to practise YOUR morals, you dont not get to force them on others and it also it has nothing to do with "my"morals hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    again I think you make up stuff in your head has you go lol

    deny it all you want the facts remain the same it is discrimination plain and simple

    not in one single post of yours EVER lmao
    i didnt have to counter because you CLEARLY dont understand the debate and make up your own wrong opinions to what you think people mean when they say something totally different

    sorry you failed keep trying though this is fun

    please argue things actually said and meant it will help us keep on course
    I am done responding to you. You donít want to have a civil conversation.

    God bless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #988
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am done responding to you. You don’t want to have a civil conversation.

    God bless.
    LMAO I actually do, i would LOVE to but you have to argue what is being said instead of making things up. And even when you totally misunderstand things and I correct you, you have to except that you dont get to decide what "I" think instead of just sticking to your wrong assumptions. Argue what the OP said or how I ACTUALLY feel not what you THINK the OP said and what you GUESS i feel. Dont know what so hard about that.

    When you are ready, and have god reason, please let me know.
    Good day to you also, god bless
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #989
    User sweEt Mauritius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because it does in a sense that society would be more accepting or make it look more normal.
    But you support civil unions...?? Surely they make it more normalized than it would otherwise be. Both civil unions and civil marriage legitimize and normalize it to different degrees. If you're against normalizing it at all, then I don't understand why you claim to support civil unions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You can not be legally married without a license from the state.
    Um, exactly... that's what a legal marriage is, getting recognized by the state... It has nothing to do with religion because atheists can get legally married. Again, that's the separation between church and state. You don't need to be religious to get equal state benefits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Who is denying the separation of church and state? You said you can get married in a church without a license, I said no you can’t.
    In YOUR church you can't get married without a legal marriage license maybe, but you can't assume that that is true for every single religion practiced by the more than 300,000,000 people in the U.S. Religions are free to establish their own requirements for their own marriages that are recognized by their own churches. And they are not forced by the government to recognize all civil marriages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree, I don’t want to live in a theocracy. The Bible was not meant to be a system of government. It is a guide for our spiritual salvation. That said, this is not an excuse to live with what we see as corruption and are duty bound to fight against it legally.
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but according to this and the rest of your post, you essentially believe that everyone should be forced to follow your religious beliefs because YOU believe them to be right and it's your duty to make them the laws that everyone has to follow, whether they believe in your God or not. If you want to preach that people are sinning, be my guest. But you DO NOT have the right to enshrine your religious beliefs that I don't agree with into my laws that I have to obey. Again, the problem is that not everyone in this country follows your religion! And that is an important point whether you want to admit it or not.

    Think of it this way. No one is restricting your right to practice your religious beliefs. But you are trying to restrict other people's rights to practice their legal rights, free from the influence of YOUR religion. And that's not acceptable.
    Last edited by sweEt Mauritius; 06-09-10 at 08:46 PM.

  10. #990
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    Think of it this way. No one is restricting your right to practice your religious beliefs. But you are trying to restrict other people's rights to practice their legal rights, free from the influence of YOUR religion. And that's not acceptable.
    exactly, of all the parts I agree with this is the most basic and meaningfull
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •