View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 98 of 192 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #971
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    I was seriously considering repeatedly voting "no" on this poll, just to balance out the people repeatedly voting "yes".

    Then I realised it would be a complete waste of time.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #972
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I was seriously considering repeatedly voting "no" on this poll, just to balance out the people repeatedly voting "yes".

    Then I realised it would be a complete waste of time.
    Why don't the no people have to explain?

  3. #973
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I was seriously considering repeatedly voting "no" on this poll, just to balance out the people repeatedly voting "yes".

    Then I realised it would be a complete waste of time.
    Yep, maybe next time CC swings by to destroy some more reasons he can post the real results again, last time I believe they were around 85% no and 15% yes

    should have made the poll public and the sensitive trolls and spammers wouldnt have messed with it lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #974
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why don't the no people have to explain?
    dont know if they dont HAVE to but some of the many reasons for no were already given in the OP so why explain?

    However if a no outside of the op has voted by all means they should add to the thread and they probably have since its this long.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #975
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    LMAO ok lets beat a dead horse and add more egg on your face if there is room
    WRONG again its not about my morals its about THE LAW some how you seem to forget this and leave it out, im guessing its because you couldn't argue against it if you saw what was actually going on instead of making stuff up. For the last time, read it slow, take a breath, my, morals, have, no, impact, on, this, debate.
    Sorry
    Not according to the quote I posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    wow this is like OSTRICH egg on your face, obviously you just dont get what that meant in the discussion at hand LOL
    instead you desperately try to mold it to what you want it to mean, but, it only makes you more wrong LOL, i seriously laughed out loud for real on that, thanks, if anything you are seriously entertaining
    I challenge anyone to make any sense out of this paragraph or how it has anything to do with my initial response.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    this has been shot full of holds about 1000 times by many posters
    if you are implying you simply have the right to vote your conscious like i said dearlier that is fine and your right nobody is arguing that strawman, of course you dont have to support it
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    sorry again YOUR morals based on YOUR religion, no good, clashes with to many other FREEDOMS of RELIGION. theres religions out there for no sex until married, no eating of certain foods, hell the bibles basically says kids who back talk and scorn their parents should be tarred fathered and or killed people dont practice that
    I don’t know, it sounds like you argued exactly that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    what you have to understand is if you go out and vote against it by doing so, the end result wouldnt be discrimination so thats why this is easily debunked as not a good reason.
    Not really but again you can think what you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    FAIL, like i knew you would

    Ill be waiting for these many more! lol
    (hint) come up with something NEW because anything in this thread has alrady be debunked
    Yes your reasoning has already been debunked.

    The sad part is this whole post you made was nothing more than a rant with no substance and made almost no snese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #976
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    ???? do you like making stuff up as you go along? does it make you feel right when you are wrong?
    LMAO sorry you couldnt be any further from the truth and nothing he implies that at all except in your fantasy world where you read what you want to, get a clue.
    Nothing to contribute but insults?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    The parts I like best about your meaningless argument is YOU are always telling ME how iI think and the REAL meanings of things I type even though I tell you different LOL
    No, I am telling you what you posted. The meaning is pretty clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Me - my favorite color is blue
    you - no its not, you say it is but i can tell its red
    me - no seriously its blue
    you - you shouldnt like red because other colors are better
    me - if you say so but i like blue
    you - cant believe you hate blue so much and you love red


    keep them coming its funny
    if you need clarification on something though try asking instead or ignoring or guessing wrong
    Again more nonsensical rants, nothing even to respond too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #977
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why don't the no people have to explain?
    Did I say they didn't?

    Edit: For that matter, did I say the "yes" people did?
    Last edited by The Mark; 06-09-10 at 08:00 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #978
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?Heated discussion is fine, but talking about other posters is not. Let's tone things down a bit please.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #979
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not according to the quote I posted.
    actually yes according to the post and its context just not to according to your wrong interpentation of it LOL



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I challenge anyone to make any sense out of this paragraph or how it has anything to do with my initial response.
    simply only pointing out how wrong you are and you dont know what you are talking about LMAO






    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don’t know, it sounds like you argued exactly that.
    yes i argued how YOUR morals dont matter because its discrimination UNDER THE LAW, you still get to practise YOUR morals, you dont not get to force them on others and it also it has nothing to do with "my"morals hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    again I think you make up stuff in your head has you go lol



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not really but again you can think what you like.
    deny it all you want the facts remain the same it is discrimination plain and simple


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes your reasoning has already been debunked.

    The sad part is this whole post you made was nothing more than a rant with no substance and made almost no snese.
    not in one single post of yours EVER lmao
    i didnt have to counter because you CLEARLY dont understand the debate and make up your own wrong opinions to what you think people mean when they say something totally different

    sorry you failed keep trying though this is fun

    please argue things actually said and meant it will help us keep on course
    Last edited by AGENT J; 06-09-10 at 08:00 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #980
    User sweEt Mauritius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I was not debating anything at all. I was answering your question.
    Actually, you didn't answer my question of how civil unions somehow don't legitimize gay relationships at all (even though they give identical legal rights to those of marriage), while a simple word change ("marriage") magically causes those relationships to be legitimized.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is not true. Without a state license you cannot have a sacramental marriage, period. This is a fact. So no, I am not ignoring anything.
    Hmm I didn't know every church in the nation had that requirement for their sacramental marriage... Anyway, you can't deny the separation of church and state and here's why: You don't need proof of a sacramental marriage in order to receive a civil marriage license.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am against civil marriage in all cases. As I stated, the government should never have gotten into the marriage business. Since they are now, and this is not going to change. We have to work with what we have.
    So you're against civil marriage at all, fine with me. But they do exist, separate from any religion (the government doesn't favor Catholic marriages over atheist marriages), so your religious objection to someone else's marriage who follows another religion shouldn't influence the law, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is not what I was referring to. Since you are new here, I don’t mind repeating what I have said many times before.

    A civil union recognized by the state and honored by the Federal government constitutionally must be recognized by all states as a legal and binding contract, with all the benefits of marriage.
    Fine, let's say that federal civil unions are legally equal for the sake of argument. Given that, I still don't understand how you approve of federal civil unions, but literally the substitution of the word "marriage" for "civil union" somehow is a huge problem. I mean, the word "marriage" under federal law doesn't have the same definition, requirements, etc. as the word "marriage" in a Christian religion like Catholicism, for example. So the definitions of civil marriage and sacramental marriage are different anyway. It's not like including same-sex couples in civil marriage would affect sacramental marriage because they're separate institutions as it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If it were not valid gay marriage would already be the law, it however is not. So yes it is just as relevant as anyone else’s opinion.

    Just because it is an “opinion” in and of itself, does not make it irrelevant.
    If there was a true separation of church and state like the Constitution guarantees, gay marriage would already be the law. The problem is, politicians don't always separate their own religious views from their decisions within the government. You're right that it simply being an opinion doesn't make it irrelevant. However, in this context you have admitted that your opinion is based completely on your religious views, which DOES make it an irrelevant opinion when we're discussing laws and policies for a nation that is home to many, many people who do not follow your religion. That's the point of a separation of church and state, so that no religion can use the law to impose its views on other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You asked the question. All I did was explain it.

    As for your view, that’s cool and you are welcome to it, but this alone does not make you correct. Fact is 70+ percent of this country identifies them selves as Christian. This alone makes it matter. We do have a secular government, but we have a predominantly Christian population.

    Any large block of voters is free to vote their conscience on the issues. The victory of anti-gay marriage proponents in CA, should be ample proof of this. So what my God says certainly does matter to me, and because it also matters to 224,437,959 Christian Americans, it should matter to you as well.
    I mean, I'm Catholic and I still don't think Catholic morals should be the basis of civil laws that everyone, Catholics and non-Catholics alike, has to obey or face punishment from the government. If a Protestant tried to make their religious laws into secular laws that I had to obey, I'd be pissed because I don't believe in them. So no, it doesn't matter that 70% of the nation identify as Christian. It doesn't give Christianity the right to oppress religious minorities under our secular government. It doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Where did this silly notion of “the state has a duty to treat all citizens equally” come from? If this were the case “hate laws” and “affirmative action” would not exist, so no the state is under no “obligation.”

    I agree that their is no religious obligation to recognize civil marriage now. Since government can pass no law forcing churches to accept this, it is not really a concern.

    We will see about the rest.
    I guess I misspoke, the state has a duty to ensure equal treatment for all citizens. That's the reason for hate laws and affirmative action, to counteract the unequal treatment that certain citizens face.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •