View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 96 of 192 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #951
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Discrimination isn't an opinion.
    What's wrong with discrimination? Medical schools are very discriminating on who they graduate. Aren't you glad about that?

  2. #952
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    What's wrong with discrimination? Medical schools are very discriminating on who they graduate. Aren't you glad about that?
    Stawman.

  3. #953
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    What's a stawman, genius?

  4. #954
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    What's wrong with discrimination? Medical schools are very discriminating on who they graduate. Aren't you glad about that?
    Translation: I don't have any response so I'll discuss something completely different in the hopes that perhaps I can derail the discussion and not have to deal with the real issue.

  5. #955
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    What's a stawman, genius?
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet weaker proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

  6. #956
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    actually what the count signifies is that all reasons have been thoroughly debunked per the OP and its criteria.
    Not really. You are however allowed to think what you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Now we could ignore the criteria but for many reason explained by many people in this thread, that in itself would be hypocritical since the criteria is very AMEIRCAN based on the focus on equal rights, discrimination and separation of church/state, so its not just my opinion, thanks though.
    Unfortunately you want the "separation of church and state" to mean something it does not. This has been shown many MANY times, so not going into it again here.

    You are very welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #957
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Discrimination isn't an opinion.
    I am not discriminating against anyone. I am however voting my conscience and not yours thank you very much. Since we are citizens we are allowed to do that for what ever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #958
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not really. You are however allowed to think what you like.
    reall? by all means then please post a reason that has not lol



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Unfortunately you want the "separation of church and state" to mean something it does not. This has been shown many MANY times, so not going into it again here.
    really, "ME" hahahahahaha id like to see proof of this also but just like the other qoute you'll have none


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are very welcome
    I know
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #959
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not discriminating against anyone. I am however voting my conscience and not yours thank you very much. Since we are citizens we are allowed to do that for what ever reason.
    this has been discussed and no one in this entire thread has argued aginst your simple right to vote but thanks for reminding us of this meaningless point
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #960
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet weaker proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.
    You're changing your tune now. Earlier you said "staw", not "straw". I know what a "straw man" is.

    So what's wrong with making sure that folks are qualified for the privileges being granted?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •