View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 92 of 192 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #911
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    There aren't any others trying to debate the OP. The OP asked for a rational argument for stopping gay marriage, which I have provided. Southern Man is rambling on about how homosexuality is a sin, which is completely off topic, since sinners are allowed to marry each other all the time. Everyone else is arguing with SM about religion. I am the only one who is actually on topic per the OP. But since you refuse to address your own topic you can come address my virtually identical one:

    dude read this slow as im not typing it again in this thread. You are NOT arguing the OP. The OP's argument is based on America, Laws and Marriage existing and how that is relevant to GAY MARRIAGE. If you take all marriage away then thats a new argument. No matter how much you want it not to be it is. Sorry you just dont get it but thats not my fault LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    As per your request, the thread is here:

    Logical Argument against Gay Marriage
    good for you, glad you saved face and you started a new topic, if I have time and im interested maybe ill check it out because having no marriage isnt really an interest of mine but we'll see
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #912
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    So if the law stated that discrimination was acceptable, your morals would not compel you to change it?
    SO are you now CHANGING your original post against me and asking a new question?
    If the law stated ANYTHING and it was against my morals the answer is I "might" be compelled to change it. Since I live in America and understand what that means and what its about I get that my morals are everybody's morals and i would have to think about the impact of preaching my morals as law. If we only went on "my" morals this woud not be AMerica anymore and if I actually wanted that it would make me a moron, a hypocrite and totally anti-american IMO.

    theres your answer, long but an answer none the less

    now on to what you actually said, acussed me of earlier and were wrong. In this case my morals have zero to do with it, im fighting for the already excisiting law which I believe in. Moral dont play a role in this debate for me.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #913
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    You think a person can actually get physically injured over getting beat in a debate so bad? If so SM is bleeding from every hole.

    Lets check the count

    GOOD REASONS: 0
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #914
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Prediction: you cannot win this argument and out of frustration will abuse your moderator privileges, ban me from this thread and claim false victory.
    Prediction. You can not win this argument so you will act out and get thread banned, and then falsely claim that you were eliminated from the discussion because you were winning.

    Southern Man, your position has been thoroughly debunked, every time you post here. You offer no evidence. You just keep repeating the same old false statements. Just remember, if you act out, it's because you KNOW you can't win because you've got NOTHING and you are looking for an easy way out.

    Now, if you actually believe that you have a position, try showing some actual evidence.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #915
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Prediction: you cannot win this argument and out of frustration will abuse your moderator privileges, ban me from this thread and claim false victory.
    Neither of you can win.


    Your arguments are based on completely different and diametrically opposed foundations.

    Yours, on what you believe to be fact.

    His, on what he believes to be logic and scientific fact.

    Since both sides believe their positions are correct, and are unlikely to budge, neither will win (defining "win" as one side conceding to the other).
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #916
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Neither of you can win.

    Your arguments are based on completely different and diametrically opposed foundations.

    Yours, on what you believe to be fact.

    His, on what he believes to be logic and scientific fact.

    Since both sides believe their positions are correct, and are unlikely to budge, neither will win (defining "win" as one side conceding to the other).
    I define winning differently. It means proving one's point/position with logic/evidence. In that case, I will surely win, and he will surely lose. As far as changing his mind, I'm certain that will not occur.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #917
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    If you define "win" as "having the other side agree with your point and concede defeat" then no, neither side can win here.

    However, if you define "win" as "produce the most logic and evidence to support your side" then this debate was won long ago.

  8. #918
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Neither of you can win.

    Your arguments are based on completely different and diametrically opposed foundations.

    Yours, on what you believe to be fact.

    His, on what he believes to be logic and scientific fact.

    Since both sides believe their positions are correct, and are unlikely to budge, neither will win (defining "win" as one side conceding to the other).
    Very true.

    I also define winning as having a moderator get so frustrated that he abuses his privledges. In this case I predict it will by unequal aplication of the trolling rule, as this is the most subjective.

  9. #919
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    There is no such thing as normal. It is a fallacy.
    Morality is not fixed in time, nor is it absolute. Or do you kill everyone you see working on the Sabbath? Because that was the "moral" thing to do way back when.
    Anal sex when done properly is in no way unhealthy, and is a common practice between both straight, and LGBT couples.
    Take your own advice.
    Your argument boils down to 'because you say so'.

  10. #920
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Your argument boils down to 'because you say so'.
    No, thats your argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •