View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 87 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #861
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Isn't "normal" and thus "abnormal", as understood by modern psychiatry, measured in context with societal norms? While it is factually true that it is naturally occurring and mostly inalterable, the matter of whether or not it is normal is culturally subjective.
    Not completely. In this context, t is less compared to societal norms, and more compared heterosexuals that exhibit no psychiatric issues. Often in psychiatry, this is the determinant for "normal". Usually a word that is used instead is "healthy".

    As for your second point, I'm inclined to agree. There's no factual evidence that gay marriage differs from straight marriage, outside the issue of sexual orientation itself, which is why I believe it should be encouraged similarly.
    Agreed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #862
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Aw, Cap'n!
    I wanna know what he thinks the happily cohabitating "queers" are "lying to children" about.
    Santa

  3. #863
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    ignored again due to off topic trolling and repeating yourself over and over again but not changing reality and the facts. Already explained to you as to way its CLEARLY off topic and Im dont has others are actually trying to debate the OP.

    Thanks take care, good day sir
    There aren't any others trying to debate the OP. The OP asked for a rational argument for stopping gay marriage, which I have provided. Southern Man is rambling on about how homosexuality is a sin, which is completely off topic, since sinners are allowed to marry each other all the time. Everyone else is arguing with SM about religion. I am the only one who is actually on topic per the OP. But since you refuse to address your own topic you can come address my virtually identical one:

    if you want to debate a new topic start you own thread doing so and i will gladly answer anything you want in that thread.
    As per your request, the thread is here:

    Logical Argument against Gay Marriage

  4. #864
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What are the "queers" lying about?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058789466

  5. #865
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    OK, so your argument is that the Bible is never wrong? And since it's in the Bible, you think it should be the law of the land?
    Nice Straw Man. But again, the Bible is the source of morality as told by Jesus and His disciples. The Bible is also a historical record of both good and bad.

  6. #866
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is both the ciricular resoning and appeal to popularity logical fallacy. The Bible is not evidence that your morals are fact, you cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible is fact, and the Bibile's popularity is meaningless in proving facts.

    You keep trying and you keep failing. Where are those links to research that prove your position?
    Wrong-o, because the Bible is not merely a popular book, but a guide to millions. I'm sorry that you fail to understand that simple fact.

  7. #867
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Good. As is yours. So we agree.
    You're half right, leading you to the wrong conclusion.

  8. #868
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Nice Straw Man. But again, the Bible is the source of morality as told by Jesus and His disciples. The Bible is also a historical record of both good and bad.
    We don't base our laws on the Bible. So you can't use the Bible as an argument against gay marriage.

    Not to mention Jesus never talked about homosexuality, and I believe homosexuality isn't a sin. And I'm a Christian, what kind of wrench does that put in your fixed morality?

  9. #869
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Excellent. Which is why you can neither prove it as factual, nor show evidence that it is better than mine or any one elses. You just proved moral relativity.

    Self-pwnage at it's best.
    I'm sorry that you can't see past mere science.

  10. #870
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Wrong-o, because the Bible is not merely a popular book, but a guide to millions. I'm sorry that you fail to understand that simple fact.
    Ah, an appeal to popularity logical fallacy. Let us know when you have any actual evidence that has any logic to it, because thus far you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper into defeat.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •