View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 83 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #821
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    im not having trouble doing anything, if you want to debate a new topic start you own thread doing so and i will gladly answer anything you want in that thread. This thread I want to stay on track and like others have said im not playing your trolling games. LOL
    What others? You are the only one on this thread who has accused me of trolling.

    Maybe you arent trolling and really believe what you said but no matter how much you want it to be the same its not, its a different topic. Start your thread and ill gladly join

    Thanks
    It is not a different topic. Your OP asked for a reason for gay marriage to be stopped. I have provided one. I am on topic.

    Premise 1: No kind of marriage license should be recognized by the law
    ------Sub argument for Premise 1------
    -SubPremise 1: The law should not recognize privileges that are not available to everyone. (note that you have already agreed with this premise)
    -SubPremise 2: Any kind of marriage license is legal recognition of privileges that are only available to married individuals.
    -SubPremise 3: Not everyone is a married individual

    -.'. No kind of marriage licenses should be recognized by the law

    Premise 2: Gay marriage licenses are a kind of marriage license

    .'. Gay marriage licenses should not be recognized by the law.

    As you can see, the conclusion directly answers your original challenge in the OP, and as such is on topic. You can either try to debate the truth of my premises, or you can try to attack the validity of the logic. Your attempts to evade are transparent.

    You have claimed that gay marriage licenses should be recognized by the law. I have claimed the exact opposite, and provided a reasoned argument for why. Your attempts to run away when your own challenge is answered aren't fooling anyone.
    Last edited by Panache; 06-05-10 at 08:01 PM.

  2. #822
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    True, but the same applies to your morals as well. Your belief that homosexuality is acceptable and that homosexual marriage is an acceptable permutation of the institution of marriage, that deserves the same recognition as the forms of marriage currently accepted in our society, is your opinion and it is not a fact for anyone who disagrees with you.
    With the language that you used, here, you would be correct. However, I would rephrase. Homosexuality in and of itself is just a different sexual orientation from heterosexuality, not an abnormality, and factually, there is nothing else beyond this statement. Gay marriage differs in no measurable way from straight marriage, and factually, there is nothing beyond this statement.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #823
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, your morals are notning but your opinion, hence valueless as they prove nothing. And since they are out of sync with my morals, they are wrong.

    See how easy that was? You have no logic.
    Mine have a basis, yours do not. That was very easy.

  4. #824
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Mine have a basis, yours do not. That was very easy.
    You have presented no evidence for your basis, therefore it is valueless... as usual. Let's see it.

    That was easy.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 06-05-10 at 08:18 PM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Oh, and Southern Man... prove that the morals stated in the Bible are both definitive and authoritative... and right (). Links and research are required. If you cannot, then you demonstrate that you position is nothing but opinion.
    Leonard Doohan: Current Trends:Scripture and Contemporary Spirituality

    Have a nice read.

  6. #826
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    nope but its your opinion to think the bible is fact
    It is yours, ungrounded, to think it as not.

  7. #827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Southern Man, your "argument" fails nearly all the criteria. The premise that the Bible is 100% literally accurate is, aside from being unsupported, highly unlikely.
    That wasn't my premise. Nice straw man though.

  8. #828
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    I'm not Christian, therefiore, it is irrelevant.

    You lose again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #829
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    No it's not what "most people do", it's what "most people find it's OK".
    A citation is required.

  10. #830
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    It is yours, ungrounded, to think it as not.
    It is yours, ungrounded to think that it is. Prove it with facts from science and research.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •