View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 82 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #811
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Southern Man, your "argument" fails nearly all the criteria. The premise that the Bible is 100% literally accurate is, aside from being unsupported, highly unlikely. Even if it were, the conclusion you seem to have drawn that gays should be denied inheritance rights, tax benefits, etc... does not follow from your premise unless there is a passage in the bible that says "No nation shall allow gays inheritance rights, tax benefits, etc..." Even then your implied premise that United States policy should be based upon the Christian bible is patently false, as it defies the constitution upon which United States policy is founded.

    Argument fail.

  2. #812
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The Bible is not my opinion.
    What you believe the Bible to represent is nothing but your opinion.

    Debunked again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #813
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I didnt even read any of that drivel because there is no need UNLESS you changed your stance and you can just let me know
    ddue give up and move on or just admit you are wrong LMAO
    the argument is based on legal marriage existing, and since it does why it is wrong to stop gays from having it
    YOU, want all marriage to go away, we get Mr broken record LMAO but until that happens you argument is meaningless to the debate at hand

    this isnt rocket scientist, as other posters have said you are clearly trolling or just simply dont understand what is going on in this thread and how wrong you are. I hope its that you are trolling because the latter doesn't work out well for you it shows you are fast
    Since you are having trouble evaluating an argument based on your own criteria, I will help simplify it for you. All you have to do is answer yes or no.

    Do you agree that a marriage license is legal recognition of privileges that are only available to married individuals?

  4. #814
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Normal is a simple statistical relationship: what most people do.
    No it's not what "most people do", it's what "most people find it's OK". And it looks like more and more people find it's OK to be gay, that's why it's becoming normal everywhere in Western societies.


    Morality is fixed in time regardless of your rejection of it.
    Are you talking about christian morality? What about those who are not christian?


    The anus is not designed for sex and that type of intercourse is unhealthy.
    Why is it unhealthy, and why have you something to say about what other people do with their anus?

    Similarly, are we designed to wear clothes or glasses? Are our hair designed to be shaved? Is the skin of women designed to be covered in make up? Since sex seems designed to reproduce, are we designed to have protected, non reproductive sex?

    Well I'll answer for you, it's "yes", because we are not animals. We are free and we do what pleases us, including many things that were not "natural" millions of years ago when we were still monkeys, like using make up, clothes, shaving and sodomizing each others.

    I don't support a ban on anything, just don't tell children that something is healthy when its not.
    You still have to explain us why it is not healthy! Does it bring cancer?

  5. #815
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Since you are having trouble evaluating an argument based on your own criteria, I will help simplify it for you. All you have to do is answer yes or no.

    Do you agree that a marriage license is legal recognition of privileges that are only available to married individuals?
    im not having trouble doing anything, if you want to debate a new topic start you own thread doing so and i will gladly answer anything you want in that thread. This thread I want to stay on track and like others have said im not playing your trolling games. LOL

    Maybe you arent trolling and really believe what you said but no matter how much you want it to be the same its not, its a different topic. Start your thread and ill gladly join

    Thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #816
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    We do not legislate morality. All I ask is don't lie about it.
    That's a bit off topic but what you just said is exactly what these guys from "Sharia4Belgium" say:

    YouTube - charia en Belgique - inchallah

    "we ask muslims from Belgium not to vote. We do not believe in democracy, because people can not make laws. All laws are already made by allah"

  7. #817
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The Bible is not my opinion.
    It is the opinions of your god, which you have accepted for your own. That makes it your opinion. The fact that other people who worship your god and take their opinions from your Bible makes your particular interpretation of Biblical values even more an example of your personal opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you on this: I would say ALL laws are based, to some degree on morality, but you said it yourself. These are subjective opinions. I may have completely different morals as you. That does not make either of our morals good, bad, or anything in between. However, regardless of what I believe, I must modify my behaviors to fit in with the laws of the society in which I live or accept the consequences of not doing so. Morals are not facts, but subjective opinions that can become practical and logistical procedures.
    Certainly so. But in this case, we're arguing over whose opinions should be upheld as the law. As the law sits, we are currently the ones lobbying for change-- using facts that support the moral opinion we are promoting, based on other moral opinions that we are, at least for the purposes of this argument, treating as facts. For instance, my support for gay marriage is based on my belief that marriage should be the preferred state for adults and that it should be encouraged; in the quote I respond to later in this post, Panache is challenging that belief. Many others, including Panache, argue from the point that the law should not discriminate on moral grounds, a point of view that obviously I do not share.

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    My argument is that these rights should be available to everyone, not just married people. If I want my best friend to inherit my money, or if I want to receive the same tax benefits that married couples do, or if I want to take time off work to take care of my best friend, why should I be denied those benefits just because my relationship with my best friend isn't a sexual one?

    The discrimination here isn't against gays. It is against unmarried people. If we let gays become married people, it will still be discrimination against unmarried people. There won't be any less discrimination just because gays are now on the other side of the caste divide.
    Marriage should be the preferred state of adults and it should be encouraged. Marriage promotes social stability and provides needed domestic stability not only for children, but for the spouses themselves. Unmarried people should not expect the legal benefits of married people because they are not participating in the same desirable behaviors.
    Last edited by Korimyr the Rat; 06-05-10 at 07:49 PM.

  8. #818
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    agreed they are HIS morals and thats it and not fact for anyone but him
    True, but the same applies to your morals as well. Your belief that homosexuality is acceptable and that homosexual marriage is an acceptable permutation of the institution of marriage, that deserves the same recognition as the forms of marriage currently accepted in our society, is your opinion and it is not a fact for anyone who disagrees with you.

  9. #819
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Certainly so. But in this case, we're arguing over whose opinions should be upheld as the law. As the law sits, we are currently the ones lobbying for change-- using facts that support the moral opinion we are promoting, based on other moral opinions that we are, at least for the purposes of this argument, treating as facts. For instance, my support for gay marriage is based on my belief that marriage should be the preferred state for adults and that it should be encouraged; in the quote I respond to later in this post, Panache is challenging that belief. Many others, including Panache, argue from the point that the law should not discriminate on moral grounds, a point of view that obviously I do not share.
    See, I do not argue gay marriage from a position of morality. There are plenty of facts and plenty of data that show that both marriage itself is beneficial to society, and that gay marriage, too, is beneficial to society. There is a difference between debating a moral position and a position from evidence. I do both, but the moral position, ultimately, is harder to prove, if not impossible, even if one has evidence assisting the position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #820
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The Bible.
    The Bible?

    Then why was David gay?

    I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.
    (2 Samuel 1:26)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •