View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 81 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Sorry. That is YOUR opinion and nothing more.
    The Bible is not my opinion.

  2. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Wrong answer. Of course it is relative. The fact that you and I have differernt morals prove that.
    Debinked again, as usual.
    So your morals are out-of-sync with the Bible. In other words, wrong.

  3. #803
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    If all morality is composed of opinion, what is the advantage of treating one's own opinions of morality as anything but fact? Subjective or not, morality is essential to civilized society and the law must exist to enforce these subjective opinions. The only way to effectively attack another person's moral beliefs is to appeal to other, shared, moral beliefs and hope to expose an inconsistency.
    I'm not disagreeing with you on this: I would say ALL laws are based, to some degree on morality, but you said it yourself. These are subjective opinions. I may have completely different morals as you. That does not make either of our morals good, bad, or anything in between. However, regardless of what I believe, I must modify my behaviors to fit in with the laws of the society in which I live or accept the consequences of not doing so. Morals are not facts, but subjective opinions that can become practical and logistical procedures.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #804
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    I can never tell if you are being serious, because the things you write are so far out in left field it's as if you don't even understand what we're discussing and are putting forth non-sequitors just to throw us off.
    My point is that gays are already allowed to love each other, allowed to have sex with each other, allowed to live with each other happily until they die, etc...

    What they are being denied are the inheritance rights, tax benefits, leave from work to take care of their partner, etc... that are denied to me as a single straight male as well.

    My argument is that these rights should be available to everyone, not just married people. If I want my best friend to inherit my money, or if I want to receive the same tax benefits that married couples do, or if I want to take time off work to take care of my best friend, why should I be denied those benefits just because my relationship with my best friend isn't a sexual one?

    The discrimination here isn't against gays. It is against unmarried people. If we let gays become married people, it will still be discrimination against unmarried people. There won't be any less discrimination just because gays are now on the other side of the caste divide.
    Last edited by Panache; 06-05-10 at 07:13 PM.

  5. #805
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    So your morals are out-of-sync with the Bible. In other words, wrong.
    No, your morals are notning but your opinion, hence valueless as they prove nothing. And since they are out of sync with my morals, they are wrong.

    See how easy that was? You have no logic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #806
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Oh, and Southern Man... prove that the morals stated in the Bible are both definitive and authoritative... and right (). Links and research are required. If you cannot, then you demonstrate that you position is nothing but opinion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #807
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    My argument did not fail any of your criteria and you have yet to demonstrate otherwise. Lets look at them one at a time:

    unsound - an unsound argument draws a conclusion from false premises. Here are my premises:

    Premise 1: The law should not recognize privileges that are not available to everyone. (note that you have already agreed with this premise)
    Premise 2: A marriage license is legal recognition of privileges that are only available to married individuals.
    Premise 3: Not everyone is a married individual

    Since you have already admitted to the truth of premise 1, demonstrate that premises 2 or 3 are false, or admit that the argument is sound.

    unreasonable - an unreasonable argument is one that does not use reason. My argument is reasoned syllogistically, with premises that can be either true or false, and a conclusion that is drawn necessarily as a result of the premises being true. Demonstrate otherwise or admit that the argument is reasonable.

    discriminative - My argument is predicated on the premise that the law should not recognize privileges that are not available to everyone. It is therefore not discriminative. Demonstrate how preventing the law from recognizing privileges that are not available to everyone is discriminative, or admit that the argument is non-discriminating.

    illogical - an illogical argument is one that does not use logic. My argument is reasoned syllogistically, with premises that can be either true or false, and a conclusion that is drawn necessarily as a result of the premises being true. Demonstrate otherwise or admit that it is logical.

    bias - A biased argument lends weight to an opinion based on personal benefit from a desired outcome. Both of the premises that you have yet to agree with are statements of fact, rather than opinions.
    Premise 2: A marriage license is legal recognition of privileges that are only available to married individuals.
    Premise 3: Not everyone is a married individual

    As they are not expressed opinions, they cannot be biased. They are either factually correct, or incorrect. Demonstrate otherwise or admit that the argument is unbiased.

    selfish - My argument is a series of premises, and a conclusion drawn logically from those premises. The only premise containing an opinion is the one you already agreed with. The other two are assertions of fact. They are either correct or incorrect. They cannot be selfish any more than any other statement of fact. Saying that 1+1 = 2 is not selfish, because it is simply a statement of fact. Demonstrate how stating facts and drawing conclusions from them is selfish, or admit that the argument is not selfish.

    arrogant - A series of premises followed by a conclusion drawn from those premises is not a consciousness of any kind and therefore cannot be arrogant. I might be arrogant, but I am not the argument under discussion. Demonstrate otherwise, or admit that the argument is not arrogant.

    hypercritical - A hypercritical argument makes a critique that exceeds standardized criteria to be met. For example if a flight student must maintain altitude within 50 feet, and is then criticized for not maintaining altitude within 10 feet, the instructor is being hypercritical. Demonstrate the standards and how they are exceeded, or admit that the argument is not hypercritical.

    and/or anti-american - My argument makes no mention of America one way or the other. Demonstrate otherwise or admit that it is not anti-american.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I didnt even read any of that drivel because there is no need UNLESS you changed your stance and you can just let me know
    ddue give up and move on or just admit you are wrong LMAO
    the argument is based on legal marriage existing, and since it does why it is wrong to stop gays from having it
    YOU, want all marriage to go away, we get Mr broken record LMAO but until that happens you argument is meaningless to the debate at hand

    this isnt rocket scientist, as other posters have said you are clearly trolling or just simply dont understand what is going on in this thread and how wrong you are. I hope its that you are trolling because the latter doesn't work out well for you it shows you are fast
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #808
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    If all morality is composed of opinion, what is the advantage of treating one's own opinions of morality as anything but fact? Subjective or not, morality is essential to civilized society and the law must exist to enforce these subjective opinions. The only way to effectively attack another person's moral beliefs is to appeal to other, shared, moral beliefs and hope to expose an inconsistency.
    agreed they are HIS morals and thats it and not fact for anyone but him
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #809
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The Bible is not my opinion.
    nope but its your opinion to think the bible is fact
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #810
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    So your morals are out-of-sync with the Bible. In other words, wrong.
    only based on your opinion of the bible LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •