View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 78 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #771
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    I love my mom. I'm not allowed to marry her. I love my dad, I;m not allowed to marry him. I love my brother and sister, and I'm not allowed to marry either of them. I have no more interest in marrying a girl right now than a gay man does.

    Clearly your response is inaccurate.
    Clearly your response is hilarious!

    Oh, were you serious? You love your parents and want to live with them forever and have sex with them? You have bigger problems than I thought.

  2. #772
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    logic is obviously not your strong suit has you fail to use it each time LOL
    Very well then, why don't you draw up a truth table to demonstrate how my premises can be true while the conclusion is false?

    my op is based on marriage exsiting which IT DOES,
    So? Of course marriage exists. Lots of things exists that shouldn't. Murder exists, theft exists. I have provided a reasoned argument to stop marriages, including gay marriages, which was the challenge issued in the OP. You have yet to address this argument at all, because you can't. Instead you try and pretend like the argument doesn't address your question.

    and since it does my argument is theres no good reason to not allow gay marriage because among other reasons it discrimination.
    Yes, there is a good reason not to allow gay marriage. The good reason is that gay marriage is a type of marriage, which is an institution that needs to be stopped.

    Marriage exists sorry, your example is NOT the same by any stretch of the imagination. You just want to keep TRYING to change the debate but i wont let you
    Ok, supposed you asked for one good reason why blondes shouldn't be allowed to murder brunettes, and your argument was that it was discrimination against blondes. I would say that blondes shouldn't be allowed to murder brunettes because murder infringes on the rights of others. Then you say: "my op is based on murder exsiting which IT DOES, and since it does my argument is theres no good reason to not allow blondes to commit murder because among other reasons it discrimination."

    Do you see how little sense this makes? Murder needing to be stopped is a perfectly good reason to stop blondes from committing murder against brunettes. Similarly, marriage needing to be stopped is a perfectly good reason to stop gays from getting married.

    please continue though has this gets more entertaining with each post and you look more silly
    Says the the one who can't structure a sentence.

    your factual error is that you have not argued against the OP
    First of all, yes I have. You asked for one good reason not to allow gay marriage, and I have provided one. Since you have failed to form a rebuttal addressing the actual argument, my reasoning has gone unchallenged.

    Secondly, even if I hadn't, that wouldn't be a factual error. A factual error is when one presents inaccurate information as fact. If I said that Madrid is the capital of Italy for example, that would be a factual error. Not addressing the OP is not a presentation of information of any kind, and accordingly cannot be a factual error.

    or proved it isnt discrimination
    The challenge was to provide a good reason for it to be stopped, not to prove that it wasn't discrimination.

    but then again you cant because that fact will always reign true because it is discrimination
    Irrelevant. You asked for a reason to stop gay marriage. I provided one. You have not formed a rebuttal. You need to either prove that marriage does not give special privileges to married couples that are not available to unmarried individuals, or prove that everyone in the world is married.

    keep trying though this is funny
    What is funny is you continuing to try and evade addressing your own criteria.

  3. #773
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Clearly your response is hilarious!

    Oh, were you serious? You love your parents and want to live with them forever and have sex with them? You have bigger problems than I thought.
    No. I do love my parents, but I don't want to live with them forever and have sex with them. Then again, there aren't any women I want to live with forever either, or men for that matter, so what's your point? I like being single. Why should I be treated as as second class citizen for choosing to remain so?

  4. #774
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Very well then, why don't you draw up a truth table to demonstrate how my premises can be true while the conclusion is false?



    So? Of course marriage exists. Lots of things exists that shouldn't. Murder exists, theft exists. I have provided a reasoned argument to stop marriages, including gay marriages, which was the challenge issued in the OP. You have yet to address this argument at all, because you can't. Instead you try and pretend like the argument doesn't address your question.



    Yes, there is a good reason not to allow gay marriage. The good reason is that gay marriage is a type of marriage, which is an institution that needs to be stopped.



    Ok, supposed you asked for one good reason why blondes shouldn't be allowed to murder brunettes, and your argument was that it was discrimination against blondes. I would say that blondes shouldn't be allowed to murder brunettes because murder infringes on the rights of others. Then you say: "my op is based on murder exsiting which IT DOES, and since it does my argument is theres no good reason to not allow blondes to commit murder because among other reasons it discrimination."

    Do you see how little sense this makes? Murder needing to be stopped is a perfectly good reason to stop blondes from committing murder against brunettes. Similarly, marriage needing to be stopped is a perfectly good reason to stop gays from getting married.



    Says the the one who can't structure a sentence.



    First of all, yes I have. You asked for one good reason not to allow gay marriage, and I have provided one. Since you have failed to form a rebuttal addressing the actual argument, my reasoning has gone unchallenged.

    Secondly, even if I hadn't, that wouldn't be a factual error. A factual error is when one presents inaccurate information as fact. If I said that Madrid is the capital of Italy for example, that would be a factual error. Not addressing the OP is not a presentation of information of any kind, and accordingly cannot be a factual error.



    The challenge was to provide a good reason for it to be stopped, not to prove that it wasn't discrimination.



    Irrelevant. You asked for a reason to stop gay marriage. I provided one. You have not formed a rebuttal. You need to either prove that marriage does not give special privileges to married couples that are not available to unmarried individuals, or prove that everyone in the world is married.



    What is funny is you continuing to try and evade addressing your own criteria.
    Still trying huh, i love it!
    How much denial could you possible have? You seem to REALLY believe it LMAO
    Sorry the fact that marriage excisits to only certian groupd and gays are discriminated against the OP still clearly stands has ever reason so far has been found to be:

    unsound
    unreasonable
    discriminative
    illogical
    bias
    selfish
    arrogant
    hypercritical
    and/or anti-american

    Let me know when you have something on topic ill be waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #775
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    None of what you say is accurate or logical. As usual. Firstly, morality is relative, so your point is negated. Secondly, it is found in nature, so it is natural, so your point is negated. And thirdly, homosexuality is not unhealthy. Certain behaviors that homosexuals and heterosexuals practice are unhealthy... so your point is negated.

    That was easy. Destroying your entire position in one simple paragraph. And didn't even need to break a sweat.
    I wonder why a 750-posts-long debate is even needed to reach this conclusion. Copy/past this very paragraph (is that correct English?) and you can destroy any anti-gay mariage argument.

  6. #776
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    I wonder why a 750-posts-long debate is even needed to reach this conclusion. Copy/past this very paragraph (is that correct English?) and you can destroy any anti-gay mariage argument.
    yep pretty much
    in my opinion and i stated it earlier, some people simply just dont care if there isnt a good reason. They just simply dont want it "BECAUSE I SAID SO" lol They simply dont mind being unsound. unreasonable, discriminative, illogical, bias, selfish, arrogant, hypercritical, anti-american and or a bigot.

    The vast majority of the resons given were the same about not wanting womens rights, minority rights and interracial marriage. They were stupind, meaningless and shallow then and they most certainly continue to be now.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #777
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    I wonder why a 750-posts-long debate is even needed to reach this conclusion. Copy/past this very paragraph (is that correct English?) and you can destroy any anti-gay mariage argument.
    I have several of my "opposition-destroying" gay rights posts saved for copy/paste purposes. The problem is that no matter how often they get posted, there are some who refuse to listen to logic or acknowledge facts no matter how often it is shown to them. They stay stuck with their positions, no matter how wrong they are, how illogical they are, and regardless of the multitudes of proof that show both. They base their positions on morals... which in and of itself is not a problem. Problem is when they attempt to pass these morals on as facts, which they are not, and which they do not seem to understand is a laughable and ridiculous way to present anything.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #778
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    yep pretty much
    in my opinion and i stated it earlier, some people simply just dont care if there isnt a good reason. They just simply dont want it "BECAUSE I SAID SO" lol They simply dont mind being unsound. unreasonable, discriminative, illogical, bias, selfish, arrogant, hypercritical, anti-american and or a bigot.

    The vast majority of the resons given were the same about not wanting womens rights, minority rights and interracial marriage. They were stupind, meaningless and shallow then and they most certainly continue to be now.
    Gay mariage and adoption by gay people is legal here in Belgium.

    If you are interested in the reasoning that has been used to justify these two laws, I can copy it here.

  9. #779
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I have several of my "opposition-destroying" gay rights posts saved for copy/paste purposes. The problem is that no matter how often they get posted, there are some who refuse to listen to logic or acknowledge facts no matter how often it is shown to them. They stay stuck with their positions, no matter how wrong they are, how illogical they are, and regardless of the multitudes of proof that show both. They base their positions on morals... which in and of itself is not a problem. Problem is when they attempt to pass these morals on as facts, which they are not, and which they do not seem to understand is a laughable and ridiculous way to present anything.
    One last thing...they say that it (anal sex I suppose) is unhealthy...but what about lesbians?

  10. #780
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    No. I do love my parents, but I don't want to live with them forever and have sex with them. Then again, there aren't any women I want to live with forever either, or men for that matter, so what's your point? I like being single. Why should I be treated as as second class citizen for choosing to remain so?
    I can never tell if you are being serious, because the things you write are so far out in left field it's as if you don't even understand what we're discussing and are putting forth non-sequitors just to throw us off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •