View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 77 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #761
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I don't think it is right to stop gay marriage. It amazes me when people oppose gay marriage, because it really doesn't affect them. It doesn't make their marriage any less valid. It just allows LGBT people to have the same opportunities, and advantages of being married.
    exactly it only stops discrimination
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #762
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    he gave a 100% correct answer as you can get married to a person you love, not the ONE example you listed but a person you love and the gays can not get married to that same type of person/relationship
    like i said per my example adding too the list doesnt take away the facts you didnt contest his statement one single bit LOL
    you have trouble understanding REALITY vs SEMANTICS vs smart people who wont let you play that game
    A gay man can marry a woman that he loves so long as she isn't either already married or related to him. Perhaps a gay man doesn't have the kind of romantic relationship you are talking about with a woman, but on the other hand, there are plenty of straight guys who don't have that kind of romantic relationship with a woman either.

    The fact of the matter is, that there is no woman that I wish to marry, and so the privileges associated with marriage continue to be denied to me unless I marry someone I don't want to.

  3. #763
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    sorry you are just factually wrong whether you choose to aknowledge it or not LMAO
    Which fact did I espouse which you believe to be incorrect? Source?

    nothing changes as its here in black and white
    you want all marriage gone, fine we get it, as you keep saying like a robot. thats a different topic since marriage is here and this debate is about stoping marriage, mainly but not soley based on discrimination.
    No. Read your own OP. This debate is about finding one reason to stop gay marriage. I have provided such a reason. Gay marriage is a type of marriage. All types of marriage should be stopped. Therefore, gay marriage should be stopped. It is a perfect logical syllogism.

    If we get rid of all marriage this debate doesnt happen but since thats not the case an I live in reality your opinion is noted and does not applly has it is another topic.
    Do you even have a clue how ridiculous that sounds? I can dismiss your argument for how things should be based on them not being that way currently too. Look:

    If we allow gay marriage[sic] this debate doesnt happen[sic] but since thats[sic] not the case[sic] an[sic] I live in reality[sic] your opinion is noted and[sic] does not applly[sic] has[sic] it is another topic.

    See? That was easy. Now, would you care to back your claim that I have made some factual error, or are you just going to admit that you have encountered a well reasoned answer to your challenge?

    untill marriage doesnt excisit your point is in fact meaningless
    There we go again with dismissing arguments for how things should be based on how they are. Let me give it a go with your point:

    untill[sic] gay marriage excisits[sic] everywhere, your point is in fact meaningless[sic]

    See how that works? You say that gays should be allowed to get married, and I say that they aren't currently allowed to get married, so your point that they should be allowed to get married is meaningless. Does that actually make some sort of sense in your brain?

  4. #764
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    A gay man can marry a woman that he loves so long as she isn't either already married or related to him. Perhaps a gay man doesn't have the kind of romantic relationship you are talking about with a woman, but on the other hand, there are plenty of straight guys who don't have that kind of romantic relationship with a woman either.

    The fact of the matter is, that there is no woman that I wish to marry, and so the privileges associated with marriage continue to be denied to me unless I marry someone I don't want to.
    which is all STILL meaningless to the debate as it changes nothing LMAO but yet very funny that you think it is
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #765
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Which fact did I espouse which you believe to be incorrect? Source?



    No. Read your own OP. This debate is about finding one reason to stop gay marriage. I have provided such a reason. Gay marriage is a type of marriage. All types of marriage should be stopped. Therefore, gay marriage should be stopped. It is a perfect logical syllogism.



    Do you even have a clue how ridiculous that sounds? I can dismiss your argument for how things should be based on them not being that way currently too. Look:

    If we allow gay marriage[sic] this debate doesnt happen[sic] but since thats[sic] not the case[sic] an[sic] I live in reality[sic] your opinion is noted and[sic] does not applly[sic] has[sic] it is another topic.

    See? That was easy. Now, would you care to back your claim that I have made some factual error, or are you just going to admit that you have encountered a well reasoned answer to your challenge?



    There we go again with dismissing arguments for how things should be based on how they are. Let me give it a go with your point:

    untill[sic] gay marriage excisits[sic] everywhere, your point is in fact meaningless[sic]

    See how that works? You say that gays should be allowed to get married, and I say that they aren't currently allowed to get married, so your point that they should be allowed to get married is meaningless. Does that actually make some sort of sense in your brain?
    logic is obviously not your strong suit has you fail to use it each time LOL
    my op is based on marriage exsiting which IT DOES, and since it does my argument is theres no good reason to not allow gay marriage because among other reasons it discrimination. Marriage exists sorry, your example is NOT the same by any stretch of the imagination. You just want to keep TRYING to change the debate but i wont let you

    please continue though has this gets more entertaining with each post and you look more silly

    your factual error is that you have not argued against the OP or proved it isnt discrimination but then again you cant because that fact will always reign true because it is discrimination

    keep trying though this is funny

    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    If Gay Marriage is legal then children will have to be taught a lie, that homosexuality is normal moral natural and healthy, which it ain't.

  7. #767
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    If Gay Marriage is legal then children will have to be taught a lie, that homosexuality is normal moral natural and healthy, which it ain't.
    None of what you say is accurate or logical. As usual. Firstly, morality is relative, so your point is negated. Secondly, it is found in nature, so it is natural, so your point is negated. And thirdly, homosexuality is not unhealthy. Certain behaviors that homosexuals and heterosexuals practice are unhealthy... so your point is negated.

    That was easy. Destroying your entire position in one simple paragraph. And didn't even need to break a sweat.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 06-05-10 at 07:41 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #768
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Im sure this issue has been debated over and over again but since im doing research and studying Id love more opinions cause its fun.

    Also let me add not only am I looking for your opinion im looking for your reasoning if your answer is yes.

    I have discussed gay marriage many many times and have yet to hear ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage Almost every reason I have ever heard was also used about womens rights, equal rights interracial marriage etc. they were dumb and didnt apply then and they certainly havent changed now

    now mind you, pay attention to my verbiage, I said reason to STOP it.

    That means in America I think its fine for anybody to:
    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc

    but once you try to stop it I think you wrong on so many levels.
    I cant imagine how AMERICANS think they have the right to tell two CONSENTING ADULTS who and who they cant marry lmao
    Does it get anymore pompous and arrogant and selfish and hypercritical and anti american than that. How anybody thinks they have the right to tell a person they cant marry another one is beyond me.

    I myself im not gay so i REALLY feel its non of my business but has an american I have to call BS on the other so called americans that do think its there buisness some how.

    Anyway maybe this time will be different, it actually be VERY interesting if it is different. So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage. Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry.
    It's very simple: if you consider that mariage is a private matter and that equality and absence of discrimination are core values, then gay mariage is OK.

  9. #769
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    If Gay Marriage is legal then children will have to be taught a lie, that homosexuality is normal
    It's the society as a whole that decides of what is normal and what is not. Normality is a social construction, and a construction that changes over time.

    In 1950 it was "normal" that black people were second class citizen. In 1900 it was "normal" that women did not have the right to vote. In 1850 it was "normal" that black people could be slaves.

    In 2010 these things are not "normal" anymore. In 2010 it is normal that black men are equal to white men. It is normal that women are equal to men. And it is normal that homosexuals are equal to heterosexuals.

    moral
    Same as normality

    natural
    What do you call "natural"? If it is "what happens in nature", then homosexuality is natural since there are homosexual people.

    and healthy, which it ain't.
    What is not healthy in homosexuality? Is it anal sex? Then do you also forbid anal sex among heterosexuals? And what is not healthy in it anyways?

    And if you're worried about what is unhealthy, do you support bans on cigarettes and fast food?
    Last edited by bub; 06-05-10 at 07:48 AM.

  10. #770
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    CaptainCourtesy, bub, you took the words right out of my mouth. Totally agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •