View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 76 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #751
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    telling? i agree
    nothing to reply to since you offered nothing of substance

    you want to get rid of marriage fine thats a different topic and still does nothing to the OP and criteria, nor change that its discrimination thanks
    Perhaps you should read your own OP. This was the question you posed:

    So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage.
    To which the answer is yes, gay marriage needs to be stopped, not because it is gay, but because it is marriage. Here is my argument:

    Premise 1: The law should not recognize privileges that are not available to everyone. (note that you have already agreed with this premise)
    Premise 2: A marriage license is legal recognition of privileges that are only available to married individuals.
    Premise 3: Not everyone is a married individual

    .'. Marriage licenses should not be recognized by the law
    The the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate how this argument is unsound, unreasonable, illogical, biased, selfish, arrogant, hypercritical, or anti-american

    In order for the argument to be unsound, one or more of the premises must be false. You have already identified that premise 1 is true, so you must demonstrate that either premise 2 or 3 is false for it to be unsound.

    For it to be unreasonable or illogical, the conclusion must not necessarily be drawn as a result of true premises, in which case you must run a truth table to demonstrate an instance in which all three premises are true, and in which the conclusion is false.

    For it to be biased or selfish, you must demonstrate that I have some benefit from the outcome which has affected an expressed opinion.

    For it to be arrogant, the argument itself must make some assumption of a superior position.

    For it to be hypercritical, the argument must make a critique which exceeds a set of standardize criteria.

    For it to be anti-american, the argument must present a conclusion which is opposed to the existence of the American continents.

    Good luck.

  2. #752
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    actually his response is 100% accurate as you didnt contest it one bit you only gave other examples per you opinion LOL

    if this was still a time when women and minorites couldnt vote and he said "minorities cant vote its discrimination" and you reply "women cant vote either so no its not" that doesnt change the fact that it is still discrimination that minorites cant vote
    You seem to have either reading comprehension issues, or logic issues. I asked what I as a straight man can do that a gay man cannot, and his response was "Get married to the person you love."

    The person I love is my dad. I cannot marry him. Therefore I cannot marry the person I love. How do you have trouble understanding this?

  3. #753
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    why do you continue to troll my argument is about gay marriage you want to stop ALL marriage, so thats a different topic my friend, NEXT lmao
    we get it you dont want marriage but its here and not what we are debating, maybe you should red it again slower because i understand it has I wrote it LOL

    so i have no burden of proof has you are off topic

    thanks for the luck but i didnt need it has it was very easy lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #754
    User ZGM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-10-11 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    122

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    I just wonder how adopted children will like living with two moms or two dads.
    Who cares who or what the : I'm voting for?

  5. #755
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    why do you continue to troll my argument is about gay marriage you want to stop ALL marriage, so thats a different topic my friend, NEXT lmao
    we get it you dont want marriage but its here and not what we are debating, maybe you should red it again slower because i understand it has I wrote it LOL
    Sorry, but I red things at the same speed that I blue and yellow them. The question you posed was:

    So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage.
    I have just such a reason. And it happens to be the same reason that I have for stopping straight marriage. Gay marriage is a type of marriage, and as such, the arguments against any marriage are applicable.

    If asked why I think Acapulco gold should be decriminalized, I would give the reasons why I think all drugs should be decriminalized. The fact that my reasons apply to more than just Acapulco gold does not make them irrelevant. Similarly, that fact that my arguments apply to all marriage, and not just gay marriage does not negate the fact that gay marriage is one of the types of marriage that they apply to.

    I think gay marriage should be stopped because it is a type of marriage. My argument for this is sound, reasonable, logical, non-baised, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, and not anti-american. Prove otherwise if you can.

    so i have no burden of proof has you are off topic

    thanks for the luck but i didnt need it has it was very easy lol
    Your attempts to escape your own challenge are transparent. Claiming that I am off topic when I have clearly demonstrated why my argument for stopping all marriage would include stopping gay marriage (a fact which should have been immediately apparent to any rational creature) is disingenuous.

    Edit: Please note also that the criteria you yourself outlined in the OP included that it be sound, reasonable, logical, non-baised, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, and not anti-american. Being on-topic was not one of the criteria listed, so regardless of whether you think it is on topic or not you have yet to find fault based on your own OP criteria.
    Last edited by Panache; 06-05-10 at 01:44 AM.

  6. #756
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZGM View Post
    I just wonder how adopted children will like living with two moms or two dads.
    Assuming they were two good moms or two good dads, they would be fine with it either way.

  7. #757
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    You seem to have either reading comprehension issues, or logic issues. I asked what I as a straight man can do that a gay man cannot, and his response was "Get married to the person you love."

    The person I love is my dad. I cannot marry him. Therefore I cannot marry the person I love. How do you have trouble understanding this?
    he gave a 100% correct answer as you can get married to a person you love, not the ONE example you listed but a person you love and the gays can not get married to that same type of person/relationship
    like i said per my example adding too the list doesnt take away the facts you didnt contest his statement one single bit LOL
    you have trouble understanding REALITY vs SEMANTICS vs smart people who wont let you play that game
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #758
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Panache View Post
    Sorry, but I red things at the same speed that I blue and yellow them. The question you posed was:



    I have just such a reason. And it happens to be the same reason that I have for stopping straight marriage. Gay marriage is a type of marriage, and as such, the arguments against any marriage are applicable.

    If asked why I think Acapulco gold should be decriminalized, I would give the reasons why I think all drugs should be decriminalized. The fact that my reasons apply to more than just Acapulco gold does not make them irrelevant. Similarly, that fact that my arguments apply to all marriage, and not just gay marriage does not negate the fact that gay marriage is one of the types of marriage that they apply to.

    I think gay marriage should be stopped because it is a type of marriage. My argument for this is sound, reasonable, logical, non-baised, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, and not anti-american. Prove otherwise if you can.



    Your attempts to escape your own challenge are transparent. Claiming that I am off topic when I have clearly demonstrated why my argument for stopping all marriage would include stopping gay marriage (a fact which should have been immediately apparent to any rational creature) is disingenuous.

    Edit: Please note also that the criteria you yourself outlined in the OP included that it be sound, reasonable, logical, non-baised, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, and not anti-american. Being on-topic was not one of the criteria listed, so regardless of whether you think it is on topic or not you have yet to find fault based on your own OP criteria.
    sorry you are just factually wrong whether you choose to aknowledge it or not LMAO nothing changes as its here in black and white
    you want all marriage gone, fine we get it, as you keep saying like a robot. thats a different topic since marriage is here and this debate is about stoping marriage, mainly but not soley based on discrimination.If we get rid of all marriage this debate doesnt happen but since thats not the case an I live in reality your opinion is noted and does not applly has it is another topic.

    untill marriage doesnt excisit your point is in fact meaningless
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #759
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZGM View Post
    I just wonder how adopted children will like living with two moms or two dads.
    nothing to really wonder about studies have shown pasted in this thread that the kids arent effected in any grand way, the home is equally good or bad that didnt change and also the well roundedness of the child didnt change

    I agree it can be a "concern" has with biricial kids, a kid with one parent a kid with a disabled parent, a kid with an overweight parent etc. but in the end if the parents are good it doesnt seem to matter.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #760
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    I don't think it is right to stop gay marriage. It amazes me when people oppose gay marriage, because it really doesn't affect them. It doesn't make their marriage any less valid. It just allows LGBT people to have the same opportunities, and advantages of being married.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •