View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 6 of 192 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #51
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,541

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    "Cultural Universal". Everywhere on Earth, in any place, at any point in time, marriage is about the raising and socializing of children. Modern gay marriage is not, thus it is counter-culture.

    There's no reason to care about your relationship if you aren't raising children whether you're gay or straight, living together or not. Go live with whomever you want. Have your life and I hope you live a good one. The legal buffs are for couples raising children, because raising children is the State's interest in promoting a relationship. Marriage is not for heteros looking for a tax brake, it's not for gays looking for social validation of their identity.

    Gays don't make their movement about children. They make it about rights, etc, so there is no reason to care about gay marriage.
    I agree YOU shouldnt care about it so that exactly why YOU shouldnt stop it. Pick one? you said you shouldnt care but "sure"you should stop it, which is it

    also its "common" for marriage to ba about kids but not a rule since gay marriage happened in rome. Its a nice try and spin but not a logical reason to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #52
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,541

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Thats your point of view, and it has nothing to do with separate or equal for me.

    As I said it is purely a semantic and religious argument for me. Nothing at all to do with equal anything except under the law. As long as they get equal treatment under the law, I don't care what they call it as long as it is not marriage.
    why does the name matter to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  3. #53
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,541

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Good talks everyone thanks still lookin for a good answer but fun and interesting none the less
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  4. #54
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,200

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    The reality is that nobody cares about gay marriage as much as social conservatives do. They don't have to accept it. They could be indifferent to it and live their own lives. But they have to take a stand against it because they fear homosexuality becoming part of the norm. Social conservative know the whole definition of marriage argument is an appeal to tradition fallacy but it allows them to embrace their prejudice without openly expressing it.

    And yes, they are prejudiced. They have no interest in objectively considering the issue. Their arguments are entirely based upon disgust they feel towards homosexuality. As such, there is no true rational behind their arguments. They grew up to believe that homosexuality was a disgusting, sinful thing and so their minds have been closed and it is pointless to try to change that fact or expect them to be reasonable or discuss it in a reasonable manner.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    rolleyes Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The reality is that nobody cares about gay marriage as much as social conservatives do. They don't have to accept it. They could be indifferent to it and live their own lives. But they have to take a stand against it because they fear homosexuality becoming part of the norm. Social conservative know the whole definition of marriage argument is an appeal to tradition fallacy but it allows them to embrace their prejudice without openly expressing it.

    And yes, they are prejudiced. They have no interest in objectively considering the issue. Their arguments are entirely based upon disgust they feel towards homosexuality. As such, there is no true rational behind their arguments. They grew up to believe that homosexuality was a disgusting, sinful thing and so their minds have been closed and it is pointless to try to change that fact or expect them to be reasonable or discuss it in a reasonable manner.
    If this is a requirment for one to call themself a Conservative,.. I guess I'll have to call myself something else. Because this doesn't even come close to describing my attitude towards homosexuality or gay 'marriage.'

  6. #56
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,541

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    If this is a requirment for one to call themself a Conservative,.. I guess I'll have to call myself something else. Because this doesn't even come close to describing my attitude towards homosexuality or gay 'marriage.'
    So feel us in please, do you think its right to stop it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Question Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    So feel us in please, do you think its right to stop it?
    Your question is too vague.

    Do I think it's right for 'who' to stop it?

    And by what do you mean 'stop it'?

  8. #58
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,200

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    If this is a requirment for one to call themself a Conservative,.. I guess I'll have to call myself something else. Because this doesn't even come close to describing my attitude towards homosexuality or gay 'marriage.'
    I said "Social conservative" not conservative. Conservative is one of the broadest terms in the English dictionary. There are even gay conservatives who favor same sex marriage. The term, "social conservative" means something quite different than conservative.

    Now if you are a social conservative, then please inform me how I am wrong.

  9. #59
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,541

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Your question is too vague.

    Do I think it's right for 'who' to stop it?

    And by what do you mean 'stop it'?

    You or anyone, and stop it as in vote no against it or stop it in general if you had the power too?

    Basically do you think its your or anybody's elses right to tell two consenting adults who or who they cant marry?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Cool Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I said "Social conservative" not conservative. Conservative is one of the broadest terms in the English dictionary. There are even gay conservatives who favor same sex marriage. The term, "social conservative" means something quite different than conservative.

    Now if you are a social conservative, then please inform me how I am wrong.
    I can't inform you as to how you are wrong except about myself.

    And I do in fact call myself 'socially conservative.'

    If your really interested in my personal views,.. here some reading for you.

    OK people, here's the deal with gay marriage

    http://dyn.politico.com/members/foru...&CurrentPage=4
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 05-01-10 at 03:08 PM.

Page 6 of 192 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •