View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #41
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Marriage is not about equality.
    Go on

    123456789
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Go on

    123456789
    "Cultural Universal". Everywhere on Earth, in any place, at any point in time, marriage is about the raising and socializing of children. Modern gay marriage is not, thus it is counter-culture.

    There's no reason to care about your relationship if you aren't raising children whether you're gay or straight, living together or not. Go live with whomever you want. Have your life and I hope you live a good one. The legal buffs are for couples raising children, because raising children is the State's interest in promoting a relationship. Marriage is not for heteros looking for a tax brake, it's not for gays looking for social validation of their identity.

    Gays don't make their movement about children. They make it about rights, etc, so there is no reason to care about gay marriage.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-01-10 at 02:25 AM.

  3. #43
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-09-10 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    In the UK we have had civil partnerships for a while. I strongly believe that as long as no one is being hurt, it is not up to the state to regulate how people choose to live their lives.

  4. #44
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It has everything to do with separate but equal. It doesn't stop with civil unions, they are a means to an end, so giving civil unions is giving marriage. Giving the civil rights is giving marriage. That's the result your choice brings.
    Thats your point of view, and it has nothing to do with separate or equal for me.

    As I said it is purely a semantic and religious argument for me. Nothing at all to do with equal anything except under the law. As long as they get equal treatment under the law, I don't care what they call it as long as it is not marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #45
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Generally speaking, sure, if you don't support what it is.
    so you think its right for YOU to tell two consenting adults they cant marry eachother, you believe thats YOU place, right and say?

    interesting, why?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #46
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    "Cultural Universal". Everywhere on Earth, in any place, at any point in time, marriage is about the raising and socializing of children. Modern gay marriage is not, thus it is counter-culture.

    There's no reason to care about your relationship if you aren't raising children whether you're gay or straight, living together or not. Go live with whomever you want. Have your life and I hope you live a good one. The legal buffs are for couples raising children, because raising children is the State's interest in promoting a relationship. Marriage is not for heteros looking for a tax brake, it's not for gays looking for social validation of their identity.

    Gays don't make their movement about children. They make it about rights, etc, so there is no reason to care about gay marriage.
    Oh, we are back to that again eh? So is this where you are going to start arguing that childless heterosexual couples shouldn't be alllowed to marry? Infertile heterosexual couples? Couples to old to have children?

    Why do you make this ridiculous argument? If you don't like the idea of gay marriage, then just say so. Don't try to justify it with ridiculous reasoning that even you don't believe.

  7. #47
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    They can have civil unions or get the government out of the marriage business altogether.

    Two men or women do not make a marriage. They should however have all the rights and privileges of a married couple no matter what it is called.

    My reasons for being against gay marriage is purely religious and semantics.

    It is not open for debate. It will immediately turn this thread into a religious bashing session. Not interested in that.
    I will never bash a you for that. if your reason is purely religious that fine, its actually a GREAT reason to "believe" its wrong but its a not a logical reason to stop it in this country but you didnt say you would stop it you only said wat you would want.

    your view on what makes a marriage is strictly only an opinion since same sex couples got married as far back as rome. I do dissagree about not couling it marriage though, no need to change the name if its the same thing.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Has nothing to do with separate but equal. It has to do with two dudes does not make a marriage. It takes a man and a women, period.
    nothing more than opinion and opinion you have 100% right too believe in but not one you should force on others

    why did you focus one "dudes" what about women they are in this equation too, just a question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I'm fine with civil unions (which are essentially just contracts, nothing too bad about that), but marriage is something to be left to private institutions. However, I see equality of access to gay and straight couples as the most important issue here.
    currently civil unions do not have the same rights so thats one thing "bad" with it
    secondly marriages has NOTHING to do with private institutions unless the people getting married want it to. A magistrate, judge, or even somebody with a license can marry people.

    also let me be clear about the private institution thing, i would never support "forcing" and "private" institution to marry ANYBODY they didnt want too. People think this will happen but it wont and quite frankly it someone could "try" it now if they were straight, gay would have nothing to do with it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #50
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,786

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Marriage is not about equality.
    of course that argument can be made that it absolutely is
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •