View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 45 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #441
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I don't really feel like digging through links so I'll just concede that point for now. As I've said, just because, a majority supports a bill, doesn't make it the right decision.
    I agree, as I said I am not certain.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I'd like to hear your answer.
    Like I said it depends on who you ask.

    My answer would be it is not discriminatory. I do not want to restrict the rights of anyone. I don't want marriage redefined.

    I am OK and would support Civil Unions with all the benefits that go with it. The union would be recognized by all states and the Federal government. I am against redefining marriage for what appears to be the sole purpose of legitimizing the gay life style.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Why isn't it? Also, as I've asked before how does consenting adults negatively affect you or society as a whole?
    I have gone over some of this all ready. It's not really that important in the grand scheme of this debate in my opinion.

    Let's just say so many things that should be illegal are not according to my morals. I don't support or condone them either. They have had a negative impact on Christians and others as a whole.

    We do not live in a theocracy, and I don't want to live in one. I will however follow my moral compass and my God, before any government.

    In this country that is perfectly acceptable and how our country works. Good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #442
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I think I found the core of our disagreement here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say we agree that both Heterosexual and Homosexual should have the same legal rights.
    Absolutly.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    We just disagree is on the actual marriage part. My proposal is that both groups get the same legal rights, we call them civil unions, and we leave the marriage stuff to private institutions who can discriminate as they see fit.
    I would support that.

    Nail firmly hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #443
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Okay first of all, where is that said?
    the last 2000 years of child rearing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Second, regardless of that question, it's essentially up to the couple (whether straight or gay) and the compatibility of the child that determines whether a child is adopted, right?
    I don't care if gays adopt? I said this in my first post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Therefore, whatever happens, its essentially a choice issue no? It affects no one else. The reason I say it affects no one else is because straight families and gay families have the same likelihood of being dysfunctional or unstable.
    Again I don't care if gay couples adopt. We need more adoptive couples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #444
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What a load of junk. Children do best with care givers/parents that love them and set up a structured and nurturing environment. Don't try and pain the mom dad life as rosey. Abusive ****bag parents of any sex or orientation suck and I would say that the majority of these ****bags are heterosexual mom/dad run families...
    Not true. It is a fact children with 2 parents do much better than children with one.

    And considering the success of the mother and father family set up for many centuries. Your comment is just anecdotal garbage.

    Sorry, no cigar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It can be marriage if those that are illogically fear bound and against it would simply stop pressuring politicians to keep it illegal.
    Are you going to debate or just rant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #445
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    the last 2000 years of child rearing?
    First of all, marriages have been around since before 2000 years ago, but I'm not getting into that.

    Second, that's because most marriages are heterosexual. Let's just say (hypothetically) that out of 100% marriages, 2% are homosexual marriages. Obviously your argument holds simply because heterosexual marriages are so numerous, therefore the likelihood of having ore stable families is greater in the heterosexual percentage.

    I don't care if gays adopt? I said this in my first post.
    Okay, so we're both playing opinion cards then. We're finished with this part of the discussion.


  6. #446
    Advisor dadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    just passn thru =:0]
    Last Seen
    04-24-12 @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    304

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Bodhisattva: What a load of junk. Children do best with care givers/parents that love them and set up a structured and nurturing environment. Don't try and pain the mom dad life as rosey. Abusive ****bag parents of any sex or orientation suck and I would say that the majority of these ****bags are heterosexual mom/dad run families...

    I believe homosexuality grows out of dysfunctional families ..
    especially when the father ia a self-absorbed azz-hole ..
    and mom is in perpetual escape-mode . . . dysfunction breeds dysfunction

    I have a nephew and a great nephew of this 'persuasion'
    they both came from totally dysfunctional 'families'

    I loved my mother very much .. but I would have never wanted two mothers
    I loved my father very much .. but I would have never wanted two fathers
    Last edited by dadman; 05-04-10 at 11:29 PM.

  7. #447
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by dadman View Post
    I believe homosexuality grows our of dysfunctional families ..
    especially when the father ia a self-absorbed azz-hole ..
    and mom is in perpetual escape-mode . . . dysfunction breeds dysfunction
    I was about to correct you, but then I read your sig.
    Now I understand.


  8. #448
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    First of all, marriages have been around since before 2000 years ago, but I'm not getting into that.

    Second, that's because most marriages are heterosexual. Let's just say (hypothetically) that out of 100% marriages, 2% are homosexual marriages. Obviously your argument holds simply because heterosexual marriages are so numerous, therefore the likelihood of having ore stable families is greater in the heterosexual percentage.
    That would make sense. It does not however make me wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Okay, so we're both playing opinion cards then. We're finished with this part of the discussion.
    OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #449
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That would make sense. It does not however make me wrong.
    What exactly, besides using the old "that's how its always been" card, makes you right?

    In fact, I'm not even saying its right or wrong, I'm saying its a matter of choice for a gay couple.


  10. #450
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    What exactly, besides using the old "that's how its always been" card, makes you right?
    Because of the "that's how it has always been card" you nailed it. This also considers the longevity and success from culture to culture over thousands of years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    In fact, I'm not even saying its right or wrong, I'm saying its a matter of choice for a gay couple.
    OK, it's a choice? You lost me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •