View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 42 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #411
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    2. Homosexual marriages cannot create families
    That's hilarious.

    Mainly I am against it because of my religious beliefs as a Bible believing Christian. I am not homophobic and nor to I hate gay people.
    So are you against it personally or because a religion tells you to be against it?

    However, I will not support something that I believe is morally wrong, and as long as my vote has the power to prevent sin from being recognized as an equal union between a man and wife then I will exercise my right to defend my beliefs.
    See that's fair, that makes sense. Thanks.


  2. #412
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Mainly I am against it because of my religious beliefs as a Bible believing Christian. I am not homophobic and nor to I hate gay people.
    I'm curious - if your religion clearly told you to hate gay people, would you?

  3. #413
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    That's hilarious.
    Last time I checked two sperms can't fertilize.
    So are you against it personally or because a religion tells you to be against it?
    I am against it personally because my religion is part of who I am and what I believe. Personally I am a Christian and I believe it's wrong because God is infinitely wiser than me, and He says it's wrong. My beliefs are not separate from my religion because my religion is part of who I am.
    See that's fair, that makes sense. Thanks.
    you're welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm curious - if your religion clearly told you to hate gay people, would you?
    If God in His wisdom told me to hate gays then I would. But God says the opposite. So theoretically your question is pointless.
    Last edited by digsbe; 05-04-10 at 07:59 PM.

  4. #414
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm curious - if your religion clearly told you to hate gay people, would you?
    Does not apply even hypothetically. Christianity does not teach you to hate anything other than sin. Now certain evil people have used Christianity as an excuse, but the Bible says love thy neighbor and do unto other as you would have them do unto you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #415
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Others have already polled Americans on the issue. [url[http://www.gallup.com/poll/118378/majority-americans-continue-oppose-gay-marriage.aspx[/url]
    57% oppose gay marriage and 40% support it according to a gallup poll. Plus if you look at state elections you will see that the majority within states that had the issue voted on didn't support gay marriage either. I wouldn't really take candid internet polls as research.
    polls only work if you ask the right questions

    many in my poll that vote no its not right to stop ir are in fact against it, but they understand as americans that its none of their business. If I asked simply are you for or against it of course id get different results

    my question is if people think its their business and they have the right to stop two consenting adults who they can marry.

    When asked that way a large majority understand no matter what they believe they shouldnt stop it because its discrimination

    another example is the health care poll. when people were asked if they were happy with their health care a large majority said YES

    problem is that doesnt mean much and it requires you to sk people with health care. If someone asked me that question my answer def would have been yes because of the alternative options, no health care

    but if you ask me, do you think health care needs reformed, again my answer would be yes

    polls are tricky, they only measure very specific things, just like stats are only fats of what they measure anything else is pure speculation

    ill take polls worried properly as they fit my research. Is it right to vote agaist it and how people justify discrimination.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #416
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post



    Actually I am part of the majority that oppose homosexual marriages. I also believe my reasons for opposing it are valid and logical. Wouldn't it be discrimination against those that don't support it to force them to extend marital rights to a union that they hold as being sinful?
    actually you are not because thats not what i asked thats what you are saying I didnt ask who is against it

    no its not discrimination against those who are against it because NOTHING changes for them lol

    sinful has no barring
    are you forced to support premarital sex, masturbation, or anything else your religion might oppose? no your not

    your still free to think, believe, teach and preach what you want

    nothing changes that its called freedom of religion and that wont go away
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-04-10 at 08:10 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #417
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    polls only work if you ask the right questions

    many in my poll that vote no its not right to stop ir are in fact against it, but they understand as americans that its none of their business. If I asked simply are you for or against it of course id get different results

    my question is if people think its their business and they have the right to stop two consenting adults who they can marry.

    When asked that way a large majority understand no matter what they believe they shouldnt stop it because its discrimination

    another example is the health care poll. when people were asked if they were happy with their health care a large majority said YES

    problem is that doesnt mean much and it requires you to sk people with health care. If someone asked me that question my answer def would have been yes because of the alternative options, no health care

    but if you ask me, do you think health care needs reformed, again my answer would be yes

    polls are tricky, they only measure very specific things, just like stats are only fats of what they measure anything else is pure speculation

    ill take polls worried properly as they fit my research. Is it right to vote agaist it and how people justify discrimination.
    but this poll isn't asking if it's ok to prevent marriage between two consenting adults, it's specifically asking about gay marriage. Polls can be worded deceptively as well. When people think "two consenting adults" I'm sure the first thing that doesn't pop into their mind is homosexual marriages or incest marriages. Most people would support a consenting man and woman from wedding and that no one has the right to stop them (assuming it isn't incest). The poll from gallup specifically addresses homosexual marriage, and the data reflects the populace's view on homosexual marriage, not about two consenting adults.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    actually you are not because thats not what i asked thats what you are saying I didnt as who is against it

    no its not discrimination against those who are against it because NOTHING changes for them lol

    sinful has no barring
    are you forced to support premarital sex, masturbation, or anything else your religion might oppose? no your not

    your still free to think, believe, teach and preach what you want

    nothing changes that its called freedom of religion and that wont go away
    Actually, a lot changes for those that don't support it. It would mean that their government acknowledges and gives rights to something that they hold as sinful and immoral. Citizens would have to acknowledge gay people as married and be forced to treat them as such.

    And I am not forced to support those other sexual sins you listed, and I do not support them which is why I believe they are wrong. However, if the state formerly declared that premarital sex and masturbation is not sinful it would.

    What changes is the definition of marriage and family. All citizens would be forced to accept a union that is sinful and immoral in the eyes of the majority. You may be free to your religion, but freedom of voicing your religious opinion would be taken away if the state simply said gay marriage is OK and that everyone should deal with it.
    Last edited by digsbe; 05-04-10 at 08:10 PM.

  8. #418
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    but this poll isn't asking if it's ok to prevent marriage between two consenting adults, it's specifically asking about gay marriage. Polls can be worded deceptively as well. When people think "two consenting adults" I'm sure the first thing that doesn't pop into their mind is homosexual marriages or incest marriages. Most people would support a consenting man and woman from wedding and that no one has the right to stop them (assuming it isn't incest). The poll from gallup specifically addresses homosexual marriage, and the data reflects the populace's view on homosexual marriage, not about two consenting adults.
    if you read the OP it most certainly is what it is asking lol
    unless you chose not to read the op and just blindly vote
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #419
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Last time I checked two sperms can't fertilize.
    Last time I checked we have adoption.

    I am against it personally because my religion is part of who I am and what I believe. Personally I am a Christian and I believe it's wrong because God is infinitely wiser than me, and He says it's wrong. My beliefs are not separate from my religion because my religion is part of who I am.
    Then why didn't you say that in the first place?

    In that previous posts it seemed like you saying that you are against it because your religion says so, not because you personally believe it. But I guess you corrected that right?


  10. #420
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    2. Homosexual marriages cannot create families.
    Sure they can.

    Meanwhile, some hetero marriages can't create families, yet you seem completely unconcerned with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •