View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 38 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #371
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog;10587301371.)
    Again you really are not wanting to see my argument.



    2.)I think my argument is bigoted and biased. This makes me no less an American or anything else. Your argument is also bigoted, as is it for almost anyone. Everyone takes a side in an issue for whatever reason.

    Bigotry is human nature. I am honest enough to admit this.
    1 no I CLEARLY see it and as I said in my vey first post I agree with your argument and your right to have it 1000000000% but once you use it to discriminate all bets are off and im no longer with you because thats not logical for the debate at hand.

    2 how is my argument bigoted and how did i take a side? LMAO
    my way EVERYONE gets to do what they want, your way people can only do what YOU want hahahahahahah

    yes that makes me feel totally unfair and biased and like a bigot I mean how could i possible feel good about giving people equal rights and freedom and allowing two consenting adults to marry who ever they want and not force my own selfish views on them LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #372
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    JUST an FYI
    not going to say who and its no more than a "guess" but im preety sure i know who hacked the poll since it was largely in favor (80%) of no lol
    I hope you are not trying to imply I did? I voted one time.

    I may be an ass, but I don't lie and I am honest all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #373
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1 no I CLEARLY see it and as I said in my vey first post I agree with your argument and your right to have it 1000000000% but once you use it to discriminate all bets are off and im no longer with you because thats not logical for the debate at hand.
    I am not discriminating. Anyone can marry anyone else within the law. You can't marry a relative, you can't marry more than one. I see this as no different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2 how is my argument bigoted and how did i take a side? LMAO
    You are correct, I am sorry. You were not pro gay marriage before you were pro gay marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    my way EVERYONE gets to do what they want, your way people can only do what YOU want hahahahahahah
    And everyone should not be able to do what they want. We would have no laws if we could.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    yes that makes me feel totally unfair and biased and like a bigot I mean how could i possible feel good about giving people equal rights and freedom and allowing two consenting adults to marry who ever they want and not force my own selfish views on them LOL
    This is not about equal rights. Never has been. It is about legitimizing an immoral life style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #374
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.)Irrelevant to the last 200 years of history in this country.



    2.)You could be right.



    3.)A small jab at Ikari.

    He basically said I mite catch a bullet or be killed in the revolution for my views.



    I live within this society. So I have every right to help make the laws. If others don't like it they are free to change it.

    It is the way our system works.
    1.) your right you point is totally irrelevant and so was your fallacy about the definition of marriage

    2.) yep "could" be and what a proud day that will be, more discrimination wiped out

    3.) owe, i missed him say that, what revolution was he talking about? lol

    4.) again pleas try to stay on topic, straying wont help you cause ill just expose it. I will never tell you you simply dont have the right to vote, of course you do and no matter how bigoted or discriminative your vote is, its your right. Im asking a personally question on what makes you think you have the right to tell two consenting adults who they can marry in america, that sir is none of you business and if you think it is, fine, just admit you are an oppressor and being discriminative.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #375
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So the government can't pass a law making a state religion or effect the operation of a religion. What does that have to do with anything?
    It is favorable to religious sects that are against gay marriage. It is turning their beliefs into law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't know what "game" you are talking about and playing some "game" has nothing to do with my feelings on the issue or religion.

    And yet gays did not marry in anchient greece.

    "There are more examples of gay couples recorded in Ancient Greece and nowhere in these records a word about public uproar. Yet, in all fairness, never the word marriage either." - Gay marriage goes way back - LiveScience- msnbc.com
    Ancient Greece had Gay couples form strong life long bonds that were marriage in everything but name. Even then, this isn't that important to begin with. You still haven't addressed why it's the your's or the government's business to interfere where no one is getting harmed. I don't care if you find it immoral Blackdog. It's none of your concern.
    Last edited by DrunkenAsparagus; 05-04-10 at 05:52 PM.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  6. #376
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.)I am not discriminating. Anyone can marry anyone else within the law. You can't marry a relative, you can't marry more than one. I see this as no different.



    2You are correct, I am sorry. You were not pro gay marriage before you were pro gay marriage.



    3.) And everyone should not be able to do what they want. We would have no laws if we could.



    This is not about equal rights. Never has been. It is about legitimizing an immoral life style.
    1. yes you are and thats a fact

    2. translation you have NO answer because its not about pro gay its about anti discrimination LMAO next

    3.) wow what are you 12? i thought you said you only had 30, 30 years again we are talking about the topic at hand i wont let you change it, you said i have a side and MY view on this matter is bigoted yet you have no proof because there is none LMAO so you try to imply my view is we should have no laws, wrong again sir LOL

    4.) it is 100% about equal rights, equal right you want to selfishly deny
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #377
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1.) your right you point is totally irrelevant and so was your fallacy about the definition of marriage
    Only in your mind. It has everything to do with my argument from the beginning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2.) yep "could" be and what a proud day that will be, more discrimination wiped out
    Until you can see into the future, who knows. With the majority of states passing anti-gay marriage laws, could be a long wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3.) owe, i missed him say that, what revolution was he talking about? lol
    I figure the gay revolution? Which brings a pretty funny picture to mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    4.) again pleas try to stay on topic, straying wont help you cause ill just expose it. I will never tell you you simply dont have the right to vote, of course you do and no matter how bigoted or discriminative your vote is, its your right. Im asking a personally question on what makes you think you have the right to tell two consenting adults who they can marry in america, that sir is none of you business and if you think it is, fine, just admit you are an oppressor and being discriminative.
    Because I have the right to do so. My vote is that right. Again it is how our system works and it has everything to do with the argument.

    You tried to tell me earlier I did not or it was wrong for me to vote against it. So now you are saying it is not part of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #378
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,801

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is not about equal rights. Never has been. It is about legitimizing an immoral life style.
    also on this silly note there are 1000s of things that arent law according to your religion does that mean you now find them legitimate

    the answer is: NOPE lol
    so why would this be about that?

    again the answer is: its not
    its about equal rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #379
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    It is favorable to religious sects that are against gay marriage. It is turning their beliefs into law.
    Possibly. I don't think it will happen but again you never know.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Ancient Greece had Gay couples form strong life long bonds that were marriage in everything but name. Even then, this isn't that important to begin with. You still haven't addressed why it's the your's or the government's business to interfere where no one is getting harmed. I don't care if you find it immoral Blackdog. It's none of your concern.
    It is my concern. Anything that can affect the society I live in is my concern.

    Funny how I consider it a responsibility. Probably all that Army training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #380
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    also on this silly note there are 1000s of things that arent law according to your religion does that mean you now find them legitimate
    This is true, and Christians are fighting against this as well.

    Pornagraphy
    Prostitution

    To name a couple.

    1000's? Not even close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    the answer is: NOPE lol
    so why would this be about that?

    again the answer is: its not
    its about equal rights
    I don't support those things either. It's about legitimizing an immoral life style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •