View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 37 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #361
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I think where you will fail in your argument is that you are using logic, he doesnt like that
    Now you are just acting like an ass. All my arguments are logical, you just don't agree with the logic because part of it is based in religion.

    Very simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #362
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't know how many cultures excepted it. I know Western Civilization got it's morals and religion from the Bible at some point. The Bible says it is wrong, in no uncertain terms in both books.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

    1st Amendment. If you want to play this game Western Civilization also got much of its morals from Classical Greece, a society very tolerant of homosexuality.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  3. #363
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,859

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    I am not sure if I have ever heard an opinion from a person opposing gay marriage that was not completely illogical. 90+% of the time the opinion is uttered by a total bigot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #364
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    1.)Not in the US.



    2.)I highly doubt it. Maybe in my daughters life time. I have maybe 20 or 30 years at most.

    Of course I mite be killed in the revolution, lol.



    Yes we are allowed to follow our own minds without fear of repercussion etc. This is what makes America great.
    1.) so only america defines marriage now LMAO wow you're getting pathetic with your answers sometimes. So when you quoted the dictionary earlier and it shows the origin of words and sometimes has there "foreign" meanings can I say those dont count LMAO more egg on your face, you are getting easier

    2.) now this is just opinion but i think it will for sure, we come so far in my life time and the last 100 years with stomping out unfair and discriminative things like these i dont think it will last much longer. id say 20 years tops but wouldnt be shocked if it happened in half that time.

    what revolution?

    3.) yes but you arent JUST following your mind, you're trying to force it on others, we are better than that and always seem to fix it no matter how long, thats why we are great
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-04-10 at 05:27 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #365
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now you are just acting like an ass. All my arguments are logical, you just don't agree with the logic because part of it is based in religion.

    Very simple.
    only in your mind
    im sure Willie coyote thought it was logical to strap a rocket on his back to catch the road runner, just cause he thought it dont make it true

    I dont agree with it because its very discriminative and the argument could be made its very bigot like
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-04-10 at 05:28 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #366
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    So the government can't pass a law making a state religion or effect the operation of a religion. What does that have to do with anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    1st Amendment. If you want to play this game Western Civilization also got much of its morals from Classical Greece, a society very tolerant of homosexuality.
    I don't know what "game" you are talking about and playing some "game" has nothing to do with my feelings on the issue or religion.

    And yet gays did not marry in anchient greece.

    "There are more examples of gay couples recorded in Ancient Greece and nowhere in these records a word about public uproar. Yet, in all fairness, never the word marriage either." - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20464004/
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-04-10 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #367
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    1st Amendment. If you want to play this game Western Civilization also got much of its morals from Classical Greece, a society very tolerant of homosexuality.
    Lol, they were a little more than tolerant . . .

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #368
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    only in your mind
    im sure Willie coyote thought it was logical to strap a rocket on his back to catch the road runner, just cause he thought it dont make it true
    Again you really are not wanting to see my argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I dont agree with it because its very discriminative and the argument could be made its very bigot like
    I think my argument is bigoted and biased. This makes me no less an American or anything else. Your argument is also bigoted, as is it for almost anyone. Everyone takes a side in an issue for whatever reason.

    Bigotry is human nature. I am honest enough to admit this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #369
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    JUST an FYI
    not going to say who and its no more than a "guess" but im preety sure i know who hacked the poll since it was largely in favor (80%) of no lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #370
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1.) so only america defines marriage now LMAO wow you're getting pathetic with your answers sometimes. So when you quoted the dictionary earlier and it shows the origin of words and sometimes has there "foreign" meanings can I say those dont count LMAO more egg on your face, you are getting easier
    Irrelevant to the last 200 years of history in this country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2.) now this is just opinion but i think it will for sure, we come so far in my life time and the last 100 years with stomping out unfair and discriminative things like these i dont think it will last much longer. id say 20 years tops but wouldnt be shocked if it happened in half that time.
    You could be right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    what revolution?
    A small jab at Ikari.

    He basically said I mite catch a bullet or be killed in the revolution for my views.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3.) yes but you arent JUST following your mind, you're trying to force it on others, we are better than that and always seem to fix it no matter how long, thats why we are great
    I live within this society. So I have every right to help make the laws. If others don't like it they are free to change it.

    It is the way our system works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •