View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 34 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #331
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Trying to convince someone who is prejudiced that they are wrong is just a waste of time.

    No one thinks they are prejudiced; they always have reasons that make perfect sense to them -- from Muslim extremists who think that it's perfectly moral to bomb innocents, to Christian extremists who historically have justified discrimination against women and non-whites without any idea that their positions are anything but reasonable.
    Yea it was those dirty Christians that held down women and blacks.

    "Coupled with the abolitionist movement was a growing women’s rights movement, which demanded that the same rights guaranteed in the Constitution to men be extended to women also. The women’s movement in America was birthed out of the ranks of the abolitionists. As Christian women began to speak out for the rights of blacks in their country, they began to realize that they, too, were victims of slavery.

    In a recent study of 51 of the major women leaders of the abolition-feminist movement, 48 came from Christian backgrounds.1 Some of these women included Lucretia Mott, an evangelical Quaker who helped to found the Anti-Slavery Society in 1833; Angelina Grimké, who presented female anti-slavery petitions to the Massachusetts state legislature; as well as Lucy Stone and Susan B. Anthony.

    Popularized by New Awakening evangelicals, the women’s movement gained momentum when people began to realize that there was no biblical support for inequality between the sexes. In Jesus’ encounter with Mary and Martha, they found proof that Jesus valued women’s roles as disciples. Jesus’ rebuke to Martha clearly showed that women were not to be relegated to works of service toward men.2
    " - Models for Reformation: The Women's Suffrage Movement (1800s) — The Forerunner

    Like everything else, two sides even within Christianity exist.

    Blatant exaggerations and generalizations are just wrong.

    At the time they were the "extremists" so it all boils down to where you sit at the time.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-04-10 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #332
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yea it was those dirty Christians that held down women and blacks.

    "Coupled with the abolitionist movement was a growing women’s rights movement, which demanded that the same rights guaranteed in the Constitution to men be extended to women also. The women’s movement in America was birthed out of the ranks of the abolitionists. As Christian women began to speak out for the rights of blacks in their country, they began to realize that they, too, were victims of slavery.

    In a recent study of 51 of the major women leaders of the abolition-feminist movement, 48 came from Christian backgrounds.1 Some of these women included Lucretia Mott, an evangelical Quaker who helped to found the Anti-Slavery Society in 1833; Angelina Grimké, who presented female anti-slavery petitions to the Massachusetts state legislature; as well as Lucy Stone and Susan B. Anthony.

    Popularized by New Awakening evangelicals, the women’s movement gained momentum when people began to realize that there was no biblical support for inequality between the sexes. In Jesus’ encounter with Mary and Martha, they found proof that Jesus valued women’s roles as disciples. Jesus’ rebuke to Martha clearly showed that women were not to be relegated to works of service toward men.2
    " - Models for Reformation: The Women's Suffrage Movement (1800s) — The Forerunner

    Like everything else, two sides even within Christianity exist.

    Blatant exaggerations and generalizations are just wrong.

    At the time they were the "extremists" so it all boils down to where you sit at the time.
    lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #333
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    As long as people do no harm and are good citizens, what they do with their own lives is their own business.

    ricksfolly

  4. #334
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    As long as people do no harm and are good citizens, what they do with their own lives is their own business.

    ricksfolly
    hats off to you sir, what a fair american non discriminative view.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #335
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    lol
    Figures you would have nothing to input that was relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #336
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    As long as people do no harm and are good citizens, what they do with their own lives is their own business.

    ricksfolly
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    hats off to you sir, what a fair american non discriminative view.
    Unless it involves...

    Polygamy
    Certain Drugs
    Certain guns
    Prostitution
    Gay Marriage

    And the list go's on.

    What laws you support has nothing to do with being an American. But that's right, you know exactly what the founding fathers intended. Well so do I, a utopia for the white male...

    Slavery
    Sexism
    Calssism

    The person who wrote most of the Constitution thought Homosexuals should be castrated and worse.

    He also owned slaves.

    Are all things they supported.

    I guess they were less than Americans as well?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-04-10 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #337
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Figures you would have nothing to input that was relevant.
    what needs said, you seem to go off for no reason, the poster was simply saying people who are prejudice dont know most times and was saying extremists are typically bad

    some how you "seemed" to take that personally and went on some type of sarcastic rant that didnt make sense

    if you rant was relevant i would have had a reply but i couldnt make heads or tails of it since it was o random? LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #338
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    what needs said, you seem to go off for no reason, the poster was simply saying people who are prejudice dont know most times and was saying extremists are typically bad

    some how you "seemed" to take that personally and went on some type of sarcastic rant that didnt make sense.
    He was inferring most religious people are somehow extremists. My statements made perfect sense.

    Goes back to that whole "English" thing I mentioned before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    if you rant was relevant i would have had a reply but i couldnt make heads or tails of it since it was o random? LMAO
    In other words you have nothing. Noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #339
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Unless it involves...

    Polygamy
    Certain Drugs
    Certain guns
    Prostitution

    And the list go's on.

    What laws you support has nothing to do with being an American. But that's right, you know exactly what the founding fathers intended. Well so do I, a utopia for the white male...

    Slavery
    Sexism
    Calssism

    The person who wrote most of the Constitution thought Homosexuals should be castrated and worse.

    Are all things they supported.

    I guess they were less than Americans as well?

    who are you answering for? you obviously dont have a clue how i feel but ill let you knoe

    polygamy: my stance on polygamy is the same has gay rights as long as its consenting adults its none of my buisness nor is it any of yours what so ever lol

    certain drugs? what drugs, weed for example is illegal for all accept in very specific cases so there no discrimination there its illegal FIRST then given to certain groups. Marriage is LEGAL first and you want it not to be given to certain groups thats discrimination.

    certain guns? what guns see above and IMO guns, all guns should be legal and we just do a better job of enforcing the laws controlling them and issuing them

    prostitution: see my views on polygamy and gay marriage the only thing with prostitution is that its needs regulated since it would be looked at as a business if legal.

    also the founding fathers had certain views on religion didnt they, tell me what jefferson said about religion? LMAO BUT he still didnt want it discriminated against he was too smart for that and we advanced because times change along with the size and needs. They knew they rules had to be active and not absolute forever LOL @ you realizing you know you are wrong but not admitting it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #340
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yea it was those dirty Christians that held down women and blacks.
    Oh of course there were Christians on both sides, just like there are Christians today who accept gays and even marry them.

    My point still stands -- there are extremists who read their religion so strictly that they hold prejudiced views which they justify because of their beliefs, and as such see nothing wrong with it. How can it be wrong for me to discriminate, they say, when my God tells me to?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •