View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 33 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #321
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You didn't explain it once. You threw out the biology thing, I stated exactly why it's not proper argument. You then went into some tirade about family structure and the "collapse of society", and I pointed out how you were Chicken Little-ing it up and how your argument held no water. That's it. You're trying so desperately to disengage because I think you know you've been beat on this one. But it's so thinly veiled and blatant as to be just a pathetic attempt at deflection.

    As I said, come back when you have an actual argument.
    You know my argument, and I know yours. We are just repeating the same thing over again and again. It is about to come full circle and their is no need to continue.

    Your "rightious indignation" and vialed insults grow tiering.

    Mental masturbation mite be fun for you, I think it's stupid.

    So no need to deflect, disengage or anything else. No need to continue around in circles that will not change anything.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-04-10 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #322
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    "Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry." - Centrist77

    1.) I was paraphrasing you.

    Nice knee jerk reaction though.



    2,)If you think so.



    3.)Yes it sounded like a racist joke.



    Yes on your face.
    1 paraphrasing or not at no time what so ever did I want approval of MY stand your just flat out wrong LMAO

    2 yes it is discrimination thats a fact, roll your eyes all you want, the fact remains the same.

    3 expalin how it sounded racist? LMAO I could EASILY make the argument that YOU had the racist thought, why? because what does "ghetto" have to do with race???? unless YOU automatically connect ghetto with a certain race? Fact is any and all races live in ghettos, whoooops, guess you only think certain races live there. more egg on your face

    4.) i see fantasy and denial are common for you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #323
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Of course it would.

    1.)The difference is, adding gay unions to legal marriage would effectively "force" those who believed otherwise to accept it as a valid marriage, if only in the legal sense.

    If they hold marriage, the word and the definition that goes with it, as a sacred part of their religious belief, then legally defining it as something other could potentially be argued as a violation of their constitutional rights.

    Much simpler to rename all legal marriages to something else, thus eliminating the whole issue.

    For some, anyway.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2.)That's what I just said...

    And of course he couldn't do anything about it legally, any laws that allowed him to would violate the constitution.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    3. No.

    It doesn't.

    As long as it is changed so that every legal union, no matter the sex of the partners, is called the same thing legally.

    The religions can then hash out who will allow gays to be married under their religious rules.

    Completely equal under the law.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    4.) Of course. Any laws that dictated such things on a religious basis would violate the constitution.

    In the same token, any laws that dictate to a religion ALSO violate the constitution.

    Thus, if a law dictates that the word "marriage", in legal usage, is redefined as including same-sex unions, it could and probably will (if such is enacted) be argued as a violation of the US constitution.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5.) Quite.
    Which is why I will never support a law banning the completely legal religious marriages between two persons of the same sex.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    6.) That is a completely unrelated and unreasonable comparison.

    At no point did I suggest that we call gay marriage something else under the law, separate but equal (yes, I used that deliberately) from heterosexual marriages.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    7.( No.

    There are currently two types of "marriage".

    The religious kind, which includes all religious ceremonies performed for the purpose of joining two persons as one under the eyes of their (insert entity here). As well as any two persons who just decide they will consider themselves married under their religious beliefs.

    And the legal kind, which is a legal/financial contract. One of its purposes is to legalize the tax breaks that the government wishes to extend to people. Those tax breaks are in place to encourage people to get married, creating citizens who are more stable, and to encourage the production of children.

    There is no right to marry, at least legal marriage.

    That is a privilege that the government has extended for the purpose of encouraging stable families/financial situations and procreation.

    Religious marriage is a right, as part of the right to freedom of religion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Depending on the area you live, you cannot currently marry anyone you want.

    Like, for example, you cannot marry your mother.

    And it’s the forcing of exception through legal means that is the issue I see here.
    1.) sorry but this may be the biggest stretch of the imagination i have every heard, its pure propaganda. You would not be forced to accept it by any stretch of the imgination. If that silliness was true I guess people are "forced" to accept cussing, premartial sex, nudity, masturbation, tattoos, etc etc etc LMAO

    gues people are forced to accept meat can be consumed at any time because McDoalds always sells it, right? LMAO hahahahahahahahah sorry thats pure nonsense. You and your church could still teach, preach and believe what ever you want. Nice try but I live in reality

    2.) well didnt you imply this would change? it wouldnt and if you didnt it was meaningless to talk about

    3.) wrong a different name is easily discrimination its that simple. You are picking and choosing when you want to go by the law and religion but i wont let you. If you agree religion is different than law the then LAW name has NO impact on religion so pick one, i wont let you have it both ways LMAO

    4.) more BS, the LAW is already doing that NOW and religion hasnt changed so unless the real world becomes your fantasy land this point is meaningless. The law already defines TONS of things different LMAO next.

    5.) but you will stop others from having equal rights, see thats called a hypocrite.

    6.) its actually NOT an unfair comparison at all, i said it was for humor and extreme but changing the name of something based on YOUR religion but ignoring everybody else;s religions or beliefs is in fact discrimination.

    Did you not say you dont want it called marriage? if you did yes you do want it called something different

    7/) like i said there is only ONE type of marriage in this debate because the other kind is in fact SECONDARY to the debate and NOT impact by the debate LMAO not my fault you just dont get that LOL

    8.) eventhough people marry that never want to have kids? whooops nice try more empty propaganda

    and you religious right to marry wouldnt get impacted one bit, thats a FACT you keep repeating it like it will be but it wont be in reality LMAO

    9.) actually its the forcing of matter that you are making up because religion doesnt have to change you keep debating a fallacy
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #324
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1 paraphrasing or not at no time what so ever did I want approval of MY stand your just flat out wrong LMAO
    Are you that blind?

    You said...

    "Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry." - Centrist77

    I said "You asked if you think your reasons are sound and why?" as in you were asking US, the posters here to give you our reasons and why they are sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2 yes it is discrimination thats a fact, roll your eyes all you want, the fact remains the same.
    In your opinion.

    No discrimination. They are free to marry anyone of the opposite sex just like everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3 expalin how it sounded racist? LMAO I could EASILY make the argument that YOU had the racist thought, why? because what does "ghetto" have to do with race???? unless YOU automatically connect ghetto with a certain race? Fact is any and all races live in ghettos, whoooops, guess you only think certain races live there. more egg on your face
    The dictionary says you are wrong...

    1.a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

    2.(formerly, in most European countries) a section of a city in which all Jews were required to live.

    3.a section predominantly inhabited by Jews.

    4.any mode of living, working, etc., that results from stereotyping or biased treatment: job ghettos for women; ghettos for the elderly.


    Your little joke was indeed racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    4.) i see fantasy and denial are common for you
    As I have shown, this statement is ignorant at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #325
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Are you that blind?

    1.) You said...

    "Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry." - Centrist77

    I said "You asked if you think your reasons are sound and why?" as in you were asking US, the posters here to give you our reasons and why they are sound.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------



    2.) In your opinion.

    No discrimination. They are free to marry anyone of the opposite sex just like everyone else.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------



    3.)
    The dictionary says you are wrong...

    1.a section of a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

    2.(formerly, in most European countries) a section of a city in which all Jews were required to live.

    3.a section predominantly inhabited by Jews.

    4.any mode of living, working, etc., that results from stereotyping or biased treatment: job ghettos for women; ghettos for the elderly.


    Your little joke was indeed racist.



    As I have shown, this statement is ignorant at best.
    1.) dude you clearly said i wanted to convince people and wanted approval of MY views i did not, thats just a fact no need talking about it anymore because it will always be a fact :P

    2.) nope not in my opinion it is in fact discrimination and your play on words doesnt change that. Especially with the ways you described marriage. Hypocrite once again lol

    3.) no it doesnt but nice try thats only 1 definition so you sir are 100% wrong see link and definition 2 and 3
    Ghetto - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Main Entry: 1ghet·to
    Pronunciation: \ˈge-(ˌ)tō\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural ghettos also ghettoes
    Etymology: Italian, from Venetian dial. ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), from ghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw — more at jet
    Date: 1611

    1 : a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
    2 : a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
    3 a : an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b : a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>


    glad you see ghettos as only one way, not surprised with your other views though
    also even the definition YOU highlighted said ethnic OR other minority group. you understand minority doesnt have to be race right? LMAO you dont even understand what you highlighted

    like i said ghettos "can" in fact contain ALL AND ANY races thats 100% fact genius hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

    thanks for playing

    4.) you havent shown anything but how egg commonly runs down your face
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-04-10 at 02:13 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #326
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1.) dude you clearly said i wanted to convince people and wanted approval of MY views i did not, thats just a fact no need talking about it anymore because it will always be a fact :P
    So you can't read English, duly noted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2.) nope not in my opinion it is in fact discrimination and your play on words doesnt change that. Especially with the ways you described marriage. Hypocrite once again lol
    You can think that all you like. It does not change anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3.) no it doesnt but nice try thats only 1 definition so you sir are 100% wrong see link and definition 2 and 3
    Ghetto - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Main Entry: 1ghet·to
    Pronunciation: \ˈge-(ˌ)tō\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural ghettos also ghettoes
    Etymology: Italian, from Venetian dial. ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry (located on the island), from ghetàr to cast, from Latin jactare to throw — more at jet
    Date: 1611

    1 : a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
    2 : a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
    3 a : an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b : a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>



    glad you see ghettos as only one way, not surprised with your other views though

    thanks for playing
    I am sure you were not talking about Italians, Jews or any other group since none of them use the term you mentioned. In fact the majority by 99.9% of people who use that term are black.

    So I can add liar to the list then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    4.) you havent shown anything but how egg commonly runs down your face
    Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #327
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.)So you can't read English, duly noted.



    2.)You can think that all you like. It does not change anything.



    3.)I am sure you were not talking about Italians, Jews or any other group since none of them use the term you mentioned. In fact the majority by 99.9% of people who use that term are black.

    So I can add liar to the list then?



    Right.
    1 only in fantasy world but the proof and facts are in this thread
    2. doesnt matter what i or you "think" facts remain the same and its discrimination
    3.You are sure? they dont use that term? but originally you said you didnt even understand what i was talking about. Now not only are you cliaming you understand it but "YOU" are telling "ME" how I used it and who the people are that use it???????? hmmmm is that more egg on you? yes it is

    and WOW did you also just imply that the only people that use slang are 99.9% black?

    jeez you got some issues, no liar here and i dont know you well enough to call you a racist but you are at least prejudice against blacks

    also it still stands i was 100% right and you were wrong with stereotypical thought and you didnt even understand what you were reading and highlighted LMAO

    the egg just gets thicker and thicker on your face

    4.) I know
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #328
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1 only in fantasy world but the proof and facts are in this thread
    2. doesnt matter what i or you "think" facts remain the same and its discrimination
    3.You are sure? they dont use that term? but originally you said you didnt even understand what i was talking about. Now not only are you cliaming you understand it but "YOU" are telling "ME" how I used it and who the people are that use it???????? hmmmm is that more egg on you? yes it is

    and WOW did you also just imply that the only people that use slang are 99.9% black?

    jeez you got some issues, no liar here and i dont know you well enough to call you a racist but you are at least prejudice against blacks

    also it still stands i was 100% right and you were wrong with stereotypical thought and you didnt even understand what you were reading and highlighted LMAO

    the egg just gets thicker and thicker on your face

    4.) I know


    123456789
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #329
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Trying to convince someone who is prejudiced that they are wrong is just a waste of time.

    No one thinks they are prejudiced; they always have reasons that make perfect sense to them -- from Muslim extremists who think that it's perfectly moral to bomb innocents, to Christian extremists who historically have justified discrimination against women and non-whites without any idea that their positions are anything but reasonable.

  10. #330
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Trying to convince someone who is prejudiced that they are wrong is just a waste of time.

    No one thinks they are prejudiced; they always have reasons that make perfect sense to them -- from Muslim extremists who think that it's perfectly moral to bomb innocents, to Christian extremists who historically have justified discrimination against women and non-whites without any idea that their positions are anything but reasonable.
    very true we just saw a case of this a couple posts ago, it was obvious and I tried to let them know yet they were in denial
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •