View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 31 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #301
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Ha!

    "winning"
    not all debates are about "winning", I certainly am not trying to win anything or trying to convince anybody of anything. The point was to convince me, I have no clue how you dont see that. I want somebody to give me a reason that wasnt all those earlier mention things and prove it wouldnt be discrimination. Nobody has done that.
    Im sure this issue has been debated over and over again but since im doing research and studying Id love more opinions cause its fun.

    Also let me add not only am I looking for your opinion im looking for your reasoning if your answer is yes.

    Anyway maybe this time will be different, it actually be VERY interesting if it is different. So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage.

    Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry.
    - Centrist77

    Hmmm... nothing about convincing you of anything. Nothing about it in the middle part I left out. You asked if you think your reasons are sound and why.

    My reasons are sound and many agree with that. So I am good with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    also theres egg on your face for sure, i see it like I bet most do reading the thread but no big deal just make an omelet.

    Off topic do you know omelet is the ghetto word of he day?
    Ghetto word of the day huh? Sounds a bit racist to me.

    Yea, look at my thanks and look at yours. I see the egg.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    example: I should smack the hell out of you but omelet that $hit slide hahahahaha
    And that means something in English? Like I said, hard to understand.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-03-10 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #302
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Im sure this issue has been debated over and over again but since im doing research and studying Id love more opinions cause its fun.

    Also let me add not only am I looking for your opinion im looking for your reasoning if your answer is yes.

    Anyway maybe this time will be different, it actually be VERY interesting if it is different. So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage.

    Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry.
    - Centrist77

    Hmmm... nothing about convincing you of anything. Nothing about it in the middle part I left out. You asked if you think your reasons are sound and why.

    My reasons are sound and many agree with that. So I am good with it.



    Ghetto word of the day huh? Sounds a bit racist to me.

    Yea, look at my thanks and look at yours. I see the egg.



    And that means something in English? Like I said, hard to understand.
    wow maybe comprehension is your problem there is no part anywhere by any stretch of the imagination where i asked "if you think my reasons are sound and why." thats just a flat out bold faced lie? are you messing with me or just delusional? At no time did i want approval of my stand I CLEARLY asked if someone could give ME a good reason lol

    you're allowed to be "good" with them but they arent sound simply based on discrimination, its that simple

    racist? lmao hahahahahahah now you are definitely desperately reaching, the last part was a joke, to bad you just didnt get it

    glad you see the egg, admitting to something is step one
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-04-10 at 12:29 AM. Reason: just for blackdog :)
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #303
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    wow maybe comprehension is your problem there is no part anywhere by any stretch of the imagination where i asked "if you think my reasons are sound and why." thats just a flat out bold faced lie? are you messing with me or just delusional? At no time did i want approval of my stand I CLEARLY asked if someone could give ME a good reason lol
    "Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry." - Centrist77

    I was paraphrasing you.

    Nice knee jerk reaction though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you're allowed to be "good" with them but they arent sound simply based on discrimination, its that simple
    If you think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    racist? lmao hahahahahahah now you are definitely desperately reaching, the last part was a joke, to bad you just didnt get it
    Yes it sounded like a racist joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    glad you see the egg, admitting to something is step one
    Yes on your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #304
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have been married to the same person for many years. I have an adult daughter who is married and an engineer, she has my grand daughter.

    I would say I know exactly what goes into a good marriage.

    PS I have been married 1 time.

    I live by the rules I set for myself, so how anyone can call it hypocritical is just laughable.
    Sad. All those years of marriage and you couldn't grasp the simple truth that marriage is defined by love and commitment not by the gender of the individuals who compose it. I wouldn't call that hypocrisy, I would call that a tragedy.

  5. #305
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Try a few million years:


    History of Marriage
    A few million years?

    Humans have only existed on the planet for 1 million to 250,000 years and your own article argues that it was around the development of agriculture only 10,000 years ago, that tribal monogamy began to develop.

  6. #306
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Sad. All those years of marriage and you couldn't grasp the simple truth that marriage is defined by love and commitment not by the gender of the individuals who compose it. I wouldn't call that hypocrisy, I would call that a tragedy.

    That is only one part of a larger more complex issue.

    You try to simplify something that is not simple.

    The breakdown of the family and the redefinition of marriage is a huge part of our problems in this country. What was at one time grounded in solid and working tradition is now feel good immoral crap.

    The real tragedy here is people like you don't get it.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-04-10 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #307
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Sad. All those years of marriage and you couldn't grasp the simple truth that marriage is defined by love and commitment not by the gender of the individuals who compose it. I wouldn't call that hypocrisy, I would call that a tragedy.
    He was pointing out it goes back longer than 2000 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #308
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is only one part of a larger more complex issue.

    You try to simplify something that is not simple.

    The breakdown of the family and the redefinition of marriage is a huge part of our problems in this country. What was at one time grounded in solid and working tradition is now feel good immoral crap.

    The real tragedy here is people like you don't get it.
    No. You sir are the problem. It is because you have lost focus of what marriage is that you and people like you have been destroying the institution. Because of people like you, marriage is no longer an institution of lifelong commitment, but simple serial monogamy. It is no longer about providing stable homes for children, but for defining which relationships are seen as superior. Same sex couples can be just as committed, and provide just as good homes for children as opposite sex couples, but because of you care more about a meaningless tradition than the institution, and you disdain homosexuality, you would continue to decay the institution by defining it by gender rather than the ideals of love and commitment. The benefits of same sex marriage are undeniable, but you chose your own political agenda over what is best for the institution.

    A decade after Denmark, Norway and Sweden passed their respective partnership laws, heterosexual marriage rates had risen 10.7% in Denmark; 12.7% in Norway; and a whopping 28.8% in Sweden. Massachusetts was the first state in our union to legal same sex marriage, and it currently boasts the lowest rate of divorce. Your eyes are closed to what is self evident. Same sex marriage is essential to promoting the institution of marriage and what it truly represents.

    Furthermore, the benefits to children are undeniable.

    The Effects of Marriage, Civil Union, and Domestic Partnership Laws on the Health and Well-being of Children -- Pawelski et al. 118 (1): 349 -- Pediatrics

    But you could care less about the facts. All that matters to you is defining the institution in a way to exclude those you do not feel are worthy of it. That my friend, is what has cheapened it more than anything and why I pity you so much for holding such a view.

    Continue to live in ignorance, destroying the institution you claim to protect. There can be no greater tragedy.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 05-04-10 at 01:58 AM.

  9. #309
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    He was pointing out it goes back longer than 2000 years.
    Christian marriage does not go back more than 2000 years. Tribal marriage and Christan marriage are fundamentally different.

  10. #310
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    This issue is based on an argument that tradition takes precedence over progress.

    You could easily make the distinction that humans were never meant to drive cars, simply because that's how its always been.

    How about some change, real positive change.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •