View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 27 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #261
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Typically, I agree with you on the semantics is BS front. However, as you can see on the last few pages, there is an importance between dividing a private ceremony with a legal contract.
    its not semantics its FACT sir

    im not saying it isnt "important" only stating the fact that everything else is secondary to this debate because we are talking about voting it, stopping it and equal rights that alone negates everything else has meaningless especially in AMERICA where it would be discrimination.

    Allowing gay marriage would do NOTHING in reality to those that view it different, nothing at all. THAT would be the semantics BS LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #262
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Wow 26 pages and still not ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage.
    My reasoning is sound.

    Sound:

    1.free from injury, damage, defect, disease, etc.; in good condition; healthy; robust: a sound heart; a sound mind.
    2.financially strong, secure, or reliable: a sound business; sound investments.
    3.competent, sensible, or valid: sound judgment.
    4.having no defect as to truth, justice, wisdom, or reason: sound advice.
    5.of substantial or enduring character: sound moral values.
    6.following in a systematic pattern without any apparent defect in logic: sound reasoning.


    My reasoning is logical:

    1.Of, relating to, in accordance with, or of the nature of logic.

    2.Based on earlier or otherwise known statements, events, or conditions; reasonable: Rain was a logical expectation, given the time of year.

    3.Reasoning or capable of reasoning in a clear and consistent manner.


    Everyones reasoning is biased.

    My reasoning is selfish as is everyone else's:

    1.devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.

    2.characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself: selfish motives.


    My reasoning is not arrogant.

    1.making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.

    2.characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.


    It's funny that your argument actually fits the definition of arrogance!

    My reasoning is most definitly not hypictitical:

    1.a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

    2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.


    As for non-American...

    What about my comment is un-American? Is it because you know the founders intentions so well? You mentioned this in an earlier post. Well lets see...

    1. the founding fathers kept slaves
    2. they denied women, the poor and racial minorities equal citizenship
    3. they tolerated and financed the massacre of the Native Americans
    4. they occasionally engaged in piracy off the Eastern Seaboard

    Thomas Jefferson wrote in Virginia law that homosexuals should be castrated.

    So don't give me that un-American bull****.

    Redefining marriage has nothing to do with any of the bull**** you spouted.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-03-10 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #263
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    two things
    1 the problems you say exist does not, it wouldnt be forcing YOU to do anything at all , it also would change the defnition of marriage.
    No it would not. It would not be a marriage, it would be a civil union.

    Sorry you are not getting any legitimacy from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2 it WOULD how ever create a new problem and that discrimination against gays
    How would giving them equal protection under the law be discriminatory? That's bull**** and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #264
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Christianity is not the only religion. Saying you were not Christian doesn't mean a damned thing.
    I was an atheist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And you could have other bigotries which you base your decision off of as well; so again, you've said nothing. What you have said is that you believe that your bigotries should be exploited through law at the expense of the rights of a specific group. That is a fact.
    It has nothing to do with bigotry at all. It has to do with 2 male or females don't make a marriage no matter how you slice it. Never did and it never will.

    You can believe what you want, but everyone has bigotry's of some type. I think yours are much worse than mine.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-03-10 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It has nothing to do with bigotry at all. It has to do with 2 male or females don't make a marriage no matter how you slice it. Never did and it never will.
    That's merely according to you. There's no real reason to reject them from marriage in the modern era. Any logical consideration of the issue would yield that A) It's none of our business B) There's no reason to exclude same sex couples from marriage. Same sex couples would be functionally equivalent to any other marriage. The only real difference would be increased work for divorce lawyers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You can believe what you want, but everyone has bigotry's of some type. I think yours are much worse than mine.
    My bigotries are placed along lines of competence and ability. In that regard, I do not think it could be as bad as yours. In fact, it is much less a bigotry as much as it is elitism.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #266
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's merely according to you. There's no real reason to reject them from marriage in the modern era.
    According to you. I mean if opinions were relevant, this and every other country would look a whole lot different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Any logical consideration of the issue would yield that A) It's none of our business B) There's no reason to exclude same sex couples from marriage. Same sex couples would be functionally equivalent to any other marriage. The only real difference would be increased work for divorce lawyers.
    Again in your opinion. Biologically speaking it is unnecessary, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    My bigotries are placed along lines of competence and ability. In that regard, I do not think it could be as bad as yours. In fact, it is much less a bigotry as much as it is elitism.
    Really? Why don't you take the board out of your eye before trying to help me with my splinter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    According to you. I mean if opinions were relevant, this and every other country would look a whole lot different.
    According to any logical argument

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again in your opinion. Biologically speaking it is unnecessary, period.
    Biology is only a factor in reproduction, and that is no longer a concern. Else, we should also be denying infertile people the ability to marry as well. But our population is stable where is. And reproduction can be accomplished by varying means which do not necessarily require the inclusion of a man. Additionally, there are well more orphans than there are loving homes capable of adopting. So the whole "biology" aspect is null and void in the modern era.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Really? Why don't you take the board out of your eye before trying to help me with my splinter.
    I ain't got a board in my eye. I merely telling you how illogical your argument fundamentally is and how it can't be supported through reason. Instead it is fueled by bigotry against a certain sect of people.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #268
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    According to any logical argument
    The world is not logical and never will be as long a humans inhabit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Biology is only a factor in reproduction, and that is no longer a concern. Else, we should also be denying infertile people the ability to marry as well. But our population is stable where is. And reproduction can be accomplished by varying means which do not necessarily require the inclusion of a man. Additionally, there are well more orphans than there are loving homes capable of adopting. So the whole "biology" aspect is null and void in the modern era.
    Again your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I ain't got a board in my eye. I merely telling you how illogical your argument fundamentally is and how it can't be supported through reason. Instead it is fueled by bigotry against a certain sect of people.
    Saying you don't and then trying to give me a lecture on your morality is a perfect example. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The world is not logical and never will be as long a humans inhabit it.
    Doesn't mean we should strive for it

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again your opinion.
    Nope, that one's fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Saying you don't and then trying to give me a lecture on your morality is a perfect example. Thanks.
    Nope, that's just a deflection tactic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #270
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Doesn't mean we should strive for it
    Depends on if you want to be human or a Vulcan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nope, that one's fact
    An irrelevant one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Nope, that's just a deflection tactic.
    No it's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •