View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 20 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    dodge the question again, its typical for you
    I answered it directly.

    I think I have the right to tell some couple if they can or can not marry when they treat me as though I have that authority.

    If you don't think I have any right to tell you "no", then don't ask.

  2. #192
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    so you would vote no to stop equal marriage. Why do you think that is your right to tell two consenting adults who they can marry?
    It is their right to tell me I can't smoke weed legally. It is their right to tell me I can't drive faster than the speed limit. Just like people tell me I can't marry more than one person.

    Because it is my responsibility to myself and my country to follow MY conscience and not yours or anyone else's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    why does the term marriage bother you?
    The term "marriage" does not bother me one bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Government needs to be in marriage IMO cant change that and also it is a government thing first and religious secondary anyway.
    Maybe for you, not in my life. Secular government or not, Christ comes first, then my family and my country. Government is that last thing on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #193
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.) It is their right to tell me I can't smoke weed legally. It is their right to tell me I can't drive faster than the speed limit. Just like people tell me I can't marry more than one person.

    2.)Because it is my responsibility to myself and my country to follow MY conscience and not yours or anyone else's.



    4.)The term "marriage" does not bother me one bit.



    3.)Maybe for you, not in my life. Secular government or not, Christ comes first, then my family and my country. Government is that last thing on my list.
    1.) uhm, your examples arent even CLOSE to the same.
    except the more than one person thing, I also believe no one should be able to tell you that, because its none of my business. Has far as weed, speeding etc. NOBODY can do that without special reason so thats not discrimination in its real meaning. In gay marriage EVERYBODY can get married "except" a certain group.

    2.)and no its not your responsibility to follow your conscience its your responsibility to follow and hold your COUNTRY'S conscience. WOuld you vote to outlaw premarital sex, masturbation, eating meat based on your conscience or religion even though logical theres no reason for all to follow? LOL
    Sorry you dont even believe that for one second, other wise you would think your country should follow your religion to the tee because that would be your conscience right? where would you draw the line. and it its such a religous thing you should be all about not smoking pot?

    3.)NO, not just for me its a FACT that government is first in the meaning of marriage because of the logistics. Its real meaning noticed by state and government which is what this debate is about its not about anything else so dont try to change it. If it wasnt about government first than ANYBODY can alrady get married now under their OWN terms, its about having EQUAL terms nice try.

    in general for me its also family first then government but if the decision i am making is for my government I realize that my opinion nothing more than that and shouldnt be forced on others and i have to vote what i think is best fair and equal for all. Discrimination doesnt fall under that blaket for me

    4.) it seems to bother you if gays use it, do i have that wrong?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-03-10 at 01:47 AM. Reason: left out a part
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #194
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1.) uhm, your examples arent even CLOSE to the same.
    How so? I own my own body correct? Who is the state to tell me what I can and cannot put into it? Who is the state to tell me I cannot marry more than one person? You want gay marriage, why can't I marry more then one woman?

    Sorry that is EXACTLY the same thing.

    No one said the laws are fair to everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    except the more than one person thing, I also believe no one should be able to tell you that, because its none of my business.
    And that is your opinion, does not make it right or wrong. You are free to try and change it under our system of law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Has far as weed, speeding etc. NOBODY can do that without special reason so thats not discrimination in its real meaning. In gay marriage EVERYBODY can get married "except" a certain group.
    That's to bad. If you don't like it gather enough people or political clout to change it. You can also take it to court.

    Everyone can get married, to one man or one woman, period. So no, does not fly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2.)and no its not your responsibility to follow your conscience its your responsibility to follow and hold your COUNTRY'S conscience.
    Please point out where in the law or Constitution it states that I cannot vote my conscience? Please point out where the state has a right to force me to vote the way they want me to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    WOuld you vote to outlaw premarital sex, masturbation, eating meat based on your conscience or religion even though logical theres no reason for all to follow? LOL
    Yes I would vote, how I voted depends on the issue and how I perceive it. As is the right of every American citizen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Sorry you dont even believe that for one second, other wise you would think your country should follow your religion to the tee because that would be your conscience right? where would you draw the line. and it its such a religous thing you should be all about not smoking pot?
    I don't want a theocracy, so you are wrong.

    Now you are just making nonsensical rants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3.)NO, not just for me its a FACT that government is first in the meaning of marriage because of the logistics. Its real meaning noticed by state and government which is what this debate is about its not about anything else so dont try to change it. If it wasnt about government first than ANYBODY can alrady get married now under their OWN terms, its about having EQUAL terms nice try.
    Please take your time and type slowly. You are making no sense at all.

    About all I can make out is you are saying I am trying to change the conversation. This by answering YOUR questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    in general for me its also family first then government but if the decision i am making is for my government I realize that my opinion nothing more than that and shouldnt be forced on others and i have to vote what i think is best fair and equal for all. Discrimination doesnt fall under that blaket for me
    Then you are a government slave.

    Welcome to the machine.

    PS I am done with you. You have no idea or don't want to understand my positon, and you are just spouting the same nonsense over and over at this point.

    You are not going to change my mind, don't even know why you are bothering. You asked a question in the poll and I answered it. We batted it around and I am done.

    Have a good night and rest assured I am against it more now than ever. Good job!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-03-10 at 02:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #195
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.)How so? I own my own body correct? Who is the state to tell me what I can and cannot put into it? Who is the state to tell me I cannot marry more than one person? You want gay marriage, why can't I marry more then one woman?

    Sorry that is EXACTLY the same thing.

    No one said the laws are fair to everyone.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2.)And that is your opinion, does not make it right or wrong. You are free to try and change it under our system of law.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    3.)That's to bad. If you don't like it gather enough people or political clout to change it. You can also take it to court.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    4.)Everyone can get married, to one man or one woman, period. So no, does not fly.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    5.)Please point out where in the law or Constitution it states that I cannot vote my conscience? Please point out where the state has a right to force me to vote the way they want me to?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    6.) Yes I would vote, how I voted depends on the issue and how I perceive it. As is the right of every American citizen.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    7.) I don't want a theocracy, so you are wrong.

    Now you are just making nonsensical rants.


    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    8.)Please take your time and type slowly. You are making no sense at all.

    About all I can make out is you are saying I am trying to change the conversation. This by answering YOUR questions?

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    9.)Then you are a government slave.

    Welcome to the machine.
    1.)are you not reading?
    I said I agree about the marry one person thing that IS the same, i also think that is wrong but your other examples are NOT the same because they apply to everyone. LOL its not even close by any stretch of the imagination.

    2 and 3.) meaningless to the debate but you are right

    4. yes that is true and in this case its also discrimination because it doesn't allow gays to do what they want period.

    5.) wat are you talking about LMAO who said it was LAW lol YOU said its your responsibility and I said your responsibility should be to vote whats best for the conscience of the country not just yours nor did i say the state can make you vote a certain way ?????

    6.) well dont dodge the questions, i didnt just ask if you would simply vote lol answer them each. would you OUTLAW, based on your religion" masturbation, premarital sex, sex without the intent to conceive and eating meat during certain times

    7.) only a rant cause you have no answer. Expalin yourself then, simple enough. so your conscience is not based on religion? whats it based on then, its only based on religion when it come to gay marriage is that what you are saying?

    8.) not my fault you have comprehension problems. You stated marriage isnt about goverment but in fact it is. My argument here, i started the thread, is for gay marriage is it right to stop it. This is referring to GOVERNMENT marriage. You say that meaning is only mine, well you are wrong its everybody's because of the subject at hand. If we arent talking about government marriage then there would be no "vote" and it wouldnt matter if it was outlawed LMAO

    Point being in this case, this debate marriage is all about government and everything else is secondary.

    9.
    ) not a government slave i just love my country and understand the Constitution, bill of rights, life liberty and the pursuit happiness and what the forefathers wanted. EQUALITY AND FREEDOM

    Im just not selfish, arrogant and pompous enough to believe that I get to tell two consenting adults who they can marry, id feel like an two faced hypocrite of an american

    also when I vote on anything, I vote that way because i understand it isnt "all about me" and my beliefs arent to be forced on others especially based on religion. I need to make a decision that helps the idea of what my country is.

    10.) the machine is rusty and needs oiled, the yellow brick road is that way
    ============>
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #196
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    PS I am done with you. You have no idea or don't want to understand my positon, and you are just spouting the same nonsense over and over at this point.

    You are not going to change my mind, don't even know why you are bothering. You asked a question in the poll and I answered it. We batted it around and I am done.

    Have a good night and rest assured I am against it more now than ever. Good job![/QUOTE]

    awwww my poor feelings are hurt.

    Your right though. i dont understand how you look in the mirror and tell yourself "I" have the right to tell two consenting adults who they can marry and thats fair and equal. LMAO and I probably never will but im trying just cant find any logic in it that doesnt seem totally selfish

    also rest assured yourself i most certainly am not trying to change your mind or anybody elses, you made the same mistake someone else did, thats not my goal my goal was for you or ANYONE to show me logic in stopping it based on america. You and a couple others have failed. no biggie.

    also it bother "me" none that "you" are even MORE selfish and oppressive and hypocritical now im just happy im not that way and that in general america isnt either.

    nite
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #197
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-09-10 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't care if someone is gay or even wants to form a union with that person in a gay relationship. Even if I see it as wrong I will not persecute you for it, but I will not condone or support it.
    Hi Blackdog,

    Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying. I think the theft case is a good analogy though personally its not one I agree with.

    If you could, would you actively work to prevent gay people from having the same legal rights as hetrosexual couples? For example, in terms of inheritance, pensions and hospital visitation rights for example?

    Thanks

    S

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sh856531 View Post
    Hi Blackdog,

    Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying. I think the theft case is a good analogy though personally its not one I agree with.

    If you could, would you actively work to prevent gay people from having the same legal rights as hetrosexual couples? For example, in terms of inheritance, pensions and hospital visitation rights for example?

    Thanks

    S
    That right doesn't exist, for anyone. It's rumor which has been repeated so many times that people believe it, but there is no actual law establishing hospital visitation. That issue is dealt with by the specific hospital, and the typical example is that anyone is allowed during visitation hours. Also, I had non relatives stay with me when I spent a week in the hospital as a teen, so I know first hand that you don't have to be family.

    Also, I'm not married to my mother but I'm inheriting everything she has when she passes. There is no law helping me out there, either, because if she didn't have a will then my oldest sister would have legal favor under CA law. So obviously gays don't need 'marriage' to take care of that, either.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-03-10 at 11:43 AM.

  9. #199
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sh856531 View Post
    Hi Blackdog,

    Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying. I think the theft case is a good analogy though personally its not one I agree with.
    Everyone is different, so it is cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by sh856531 View Post
    If you could, would you actively work to prevent gay people from having the same legal rights as hetrosexual couples? For example, in terms of inheritance, pensions and hospital visitation rights for example?

    Thanks

    S
    No. As I mentioned earlier I think gay couples should have the same legal benefits under the law. We can do this without changing the definition of marriage or me being forced to support something I see as wrong.

    Civil Unions recognized by the federal government would solve that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    They can have civil unions or get the government out of the marriage business altogether.

    Two men or women do not make a marriage. They should however have all the rights and privileges of a married couple no matter what it is called.

    My reasons for being against gay marriage is purely religious and semantics.

    It is not open for debate. It will immediately turn this thread into a religious bashing session. Not interested in that.
    You may personally believe it to be religious, but as soon as the Marriage License came into existence; marriage left the realm of religion and entered the realm of the State.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •