View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 191 of 192 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1901
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    The simple solution is to get government out of the marriage business and then we wouldn't have to worry about gay judges making decisions based upon his own beliefs.
    again another person that just proved they didnt read the actually ruling! LMAO
    He doesnt seem to have done that one bit if you read what his ruling was

    Said it before and I said it again I cant believe that damn judge was fulfilling his constitutional mandated roll of safeguarding the peoples liberty

    sorry, the SIMPLE solution is NOT discriminating and when it comes to marriage mind your business
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1902
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Or straight judges making decisions based on their own beliefs, either. I'm sure you forgot about that, so I added it for you.
    Well the simple thing is that there is nothing in the constitution that advocates for or against gay marriage as a constitutional right, so the strait judge would be correct in his decisions. Now that said your right about strait judges who for the most part make decision within the perimeters of the constitution or at least they should, for which I state that the government should get out of the marriage business even if there wasn't gays in our little world. The government still has no business regulating who can marry who. Now the real problem is that judges have found it upon themselves to over rule 7,000,000 voters, although in the long run SCOTUS will rule in favor of the voter. So again I think marriage should be a private affair and benefits should go to whomever ones wishes to go to and the government has better things to do than trying to regulate for a buck who marries who.

  3. #1903
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    again another person that just proved they didnt read the actually ruling! LMAO
    He doesnt seem to have done that one bit if you read what his ruling was

    Said it before and I said it again I cant believe that damn judge was fulfilling his constitutional mandated roll of safeguarding the peoples liberty

    sorry, the SIMPLE solution is NOT discriminating and when it comes to marriage mind your business
    I wasn't making a opinion on the ruling. I was making my own opinion.

  4. #1904
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well the simple thing is that there is nothing in the constitution that advocates for or against gay marriage as a constitutional right, so the strait judge would be correct in his decisions. Now that said your right about strait judges who for the most part make decision within the perimeters of the constitution or at least they should, for which I state that the government should get out of the marriage business even if there wasn't gays in our little world. The government still has no business regulating who can marry who. Now the real problem is that judges have found it upon themselves to over rule 7,000,000 voters, although in the long run SCOTUS will rule in favor of the voter. So again I think marriage should be a private affair and benefits should go to whomever ones wishes to go to and the government has better things to do than trying to regulate for a buck who marries who.
    again obviously you did not read the ruling because he made a VERY strong case that DENYING them the ablity to marry DOES violate the consitiution so it can be argued the gay judge was correct in his decesion. LMAO

    its discriminataion and can easily be argued to violate civil and equal rights

    read the ruling and then come back with something viable
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1905
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    I wasn't making a opinion on the ruling. I was making my own opinion.
    that was obvious and a uniformed one at that
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1906
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    again obviously you did not read the ruling because he made a VERY strong case that DENYING them the ablity to marry DOES violate the consitiution so it can be argued the gay judge was correct in his decesion. LMAO

    its discriminataion and can easily be argued to violate civil and equal rights

    read the ruling and then come back with something viable
    its discriminataion and can easily be argued to violate civil and equal rights
    Obviously not or it would have been resolved years ago by people much more informed on the constitution and law than you or I. The judge over stepped his boundaries and is legislating from the bench, and if you think for one second that himself being gay had nothing to do with it, then this would be a naive point of view..human nature is what it is. That said, I am of the belief that if government stays out of the marriage business then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

  7. #1907
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Obviously not or it would have been resolved years ago by people much more informed on the constitution and law than you or I. The judge over stepped his boundaries and is legislating from the bench, and if you think for one second that himself being gay had nothing to do with it, then this would be a naive point of view..human nature is what it is. That said, I am of the belief that if government stays out of the marriage business then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    you mean like interracial marriage?

    like when in n 1948, about 90% of American Adults opposed interracial marriage when the Supreme Court of California legalized it, and California became the first state that allowed loving, committed interracial couples to marry.

    and then not until 1967(19 years later), about 72% were opposed to interracial marriage. This was the year when the U.S. Supreme Court was legalized interracial marriage everywhere in the U.S.

    and then not until 1991 (24 years later), those adults opposed to interracial marriage became a minority for the first time

    YES like that! It is EASILY argued discrimination what is hard is convinving people that their bigoted ways and opinions are in fact bigoted and wrong.

    the problem is they are fine with discriminating not if it is discriminating

    Marriage is a law thing so you belief is MOOT. Also people are hypocritical because gays can and do get married RIGHT NOW with out the law involve and people dont cry about that and in the same breath try and say its not about law, not saying YOU are doing this just making a general statement

    also it is POSSIBLE he ruled that way without bias but its not a fact like you tried to sell it nor can you see any evidence of it in his ruling IF you read it so you are totally guessing

    guess we should have no judges rule on anything then by your logic
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1908
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Obviously not or it would have been resolved years ago by people much more informed on the constitution and law than you or I. The judge over stepped his boundaries and is legislating from the bench, and if you think for one second that himself being gay had nothing to do with it, then this would be a naive point of view..human nature is what it is. That said, I am of the belief that if government stays out of the marriage business then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    so just how did this judge overstep his bounties?

  9. #1909
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you mean like interracial marriage?

    like when in n 1948, about 90% of American Adults opposed interracial marriage when the Supreme Court of California legalized it, and California became the first state that allowed loving, committed interracial couples to marry.

    and then not until 1967(19 years later), about 72% were opposed to interracial marriage. This was the year when the U.S. Supreme Court was legalized interracial marriage everywhere in the U.S.

    and then not until 1991 (24 years later), those adults opposed to interracial marriage became a minority for the first time

    YES like that! It is EASILY argued discrimination what is hard is convinving people that their bigoted ways and opinions are in fact bigoted and wrong.

    the problem is they are fine with discriminating not if it is discriminating

    Marriage is a law thing so you belief is MOOT. Also people are hypocritical because gays can and do get married RIGHT NOW with out the law involve and people dont cry about that and in the same breath try and say its not about law, not saying YOU are doing this just making a general statement

    also it is POSSIBLE he ruled that way without bias but its not a fact like you tried to sell it nor can you see any evidence of it in his ruling IF you read it so you are totally guessing

    guess we should have no judges rule on anything then by your logic
    Again where in the constitution does it say that the government has a right to regulate marriage or force a entity to recognize marriage. Your argument here is comparing apples to oranges, homosexuality has nothing to do with skin color and if it could have been used as a precedent in a court of law it would have already been done. Now that said, my argument strictly falls into line with the judges who over step their constitutional boundaries, not their ruling but how they come to their rulings. I could care less on who marries who, so believe it or not I am on the same page as you. My only problem is activist judges and the federal government also over stepping it's boundaries. I am a strict constitutionalists. If two people wish to marry, your right it's none of my business nor is it federal or state governments business. The only business of the government is to say yes these two people are married and carry the same rights as anyone else in this country. The activist in the gay community are their worst own enemy.

  10. #1910
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Again where in the constitution does it say that the government has a right to regulate marriage or force a entity to recognize marriage. Your argument here is comparing apples to oranges, homosexuality has nothing to do with skin color and if it could have been used as a precedent in a court of law it would have already been done. Now that said, my argument strictly falls into line with the judges who over step their constitutional boundaries, not their ruling but how they come to their rulings. I could care less on who marries who, so believe it or not I am on the same page as you. My only problem is activist judges and the federal government also over stepping it's boundaries. I am a strict constitutionalists. If two people wish to marry, your right it's none of my business nor is it federal or state governments business. The only business of the government is to say yes these two people are married and carry the same rights as anyone else in this country. The activist in the gay community are their worst own enemy.
    again WHO said it did but the law does talk about civil/equal rights, liberties of the people and not discriminating and THAT is what he ruled on.

    it most certainly is NOT apples and oranges because Gays are an established group being discriminated against whether you choose to see that or not. And your opinion about "it would have already been done" is nothing more than that and i already proved that with interracial marriage, doing the right thing doesnt always get don just because it is right, history proves that over and over again so again your opinion on that is meaningless, reality totally disagrees with you

    and lastly he did NOT overstep his boundaries that is a fallacy, sorry. If you read his ruling id like to hear how you think he overstepped them? he is fulfilling his constitutional mandated roll of safeguarding the peoples liberty and IMO thats what he did.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •