View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 182 of 192 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1811
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I have never met a gay infant, no. Second question: entirely plausible.
    What about a 5 year old that acts 'gay'?

  2. #1812
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I have argued that premise successfully when defending the belief in God against atheists... in fact it is the cornerstone of my argument, so you are singing to the choir, here.
    Ok, then how is it that your research proving that homosexuals can have otherwise healthy families somehow legitimizes homosexuality?

  3. #1813
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    What about a 5 year old that acts 'gay'?
    How does a 5 year old act "gay"? My 3 year old son carried around a pink hello kitty case for a week. Does that make him gay? (He carried toy cars in it, btw.)

  4. #1814
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ok, then how is it that your research proving that homosexuals can have otherwise healthy families somehow legitimizes homosexuality?
    It doesn't. Research that demonstrates that homosexuality is not a disorder legitimatizes homosexuality. Research the proves that homosexuals can have families as healthy as those of heterosexuals legitimatizes GM, scientifically. See the difference?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #1815
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    And, as an aside, with what we know about developmental sexuality, I would caution ANYONE of trying to identify the sexual orientation of someone as young as 3 or 5, especially based on a behavior or two. Further, I have no idea what "acting gay" looks like on a 5 year old.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #1816
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It doesn't. Research that demonstrates that homosexuality is not a disorder legitimatizes homosexuality. Research the proves that homosexuals can have families as healthy as those of heterosexuals legitimatizes GM, scientifically. See the difference?
    It not being a disorder doesn't make it not a choice.

  7. #1817
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    How does a 5 year old act "gay"? My 3 year old son carried around a pink hello kitty case for a week. Does that make him gay? (He carried toy cars in it, btw.)
    You obviously don't know what 'queer' entails. If your child began to develop without properly 'liking' girls as other boys, developed queer speech, habits, and spoke differently than other boys somehow you would begin to understand.

    sorry, i have never parented, dont mean to be rude...

  8. #1818
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And, as an aside, with what we know about developmental sexuality, I would caution ANYONE of trying to identify the sexual orientation of someone as young as 3 or 5, especially based on a behavior or two. Further, I have no idea what "acting gay" looks like on a 5 year old.
    I agree entirely.

  9. #1819
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It not being a disorder doesn't make it not a choice.
    For the 1,987,348th time... there is no conclusive evidence that sexual orientation is either a choice or not a choice. Current researchers agree that sexual orientation develops due to a combination of the following factors: biological, genetic, hormonal/chemical, and environmental. This goes for ALL sexual orientations, homosexuality, bisexuality, AND heterosexuality. None of these orientations, however, can be classified as a disorder, which legitimatizes each of them.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1820
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    You obviously don't know what 'queer' entails. If your child began to develop without properly 'liking' girls as other boys, developed queer speech, habits, and spoke differently than other boys somehow you would begin to understand.

    sorry, i have never parented, dont mean to be rude...
    At 5?!!! Sorry, all of those things would not determine one's sexual orientation. Perhaps the child needs a speech therapist for some speech disorder. Perhaps he's shy around girls... not outrageous at that or many other ages. And perhaps he just has different likes... like a boy who likes art rather than baseball. No WAY can someone make that kind of determination on just those behaviors.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •