View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 180 of 192 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1791
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I don't know if what I suggest will actually happen, but it is certainly a possibility, unlike your scenario.
    You have no more basis for this assumption, than I do mine. So what makes you so sure your assesment is any more than wishful thinking? There has been no risk analysis on this issue that states any outcome. It's anyone's guess, but remember, we're talking about possibilities, not certainties. By all means, go with your gut, but remember that's all you're doing. I will go with mine.

    Here's a quote from the Nat Geo article you posted....

    Another suggestion is that homosexuality is a developmental phase people go through. He said, "This is similar to the argument of play in young animals to get their brain and muscles to work effectively and together. Off the back of this, there's the possibility you can get individuals locked into this phase for the rest of their lives as a result of the social environment they grow up in.
    Last edited by mac; 06-25-10 at 12:06 AM.

  2. #1792
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Been stopping by and reading this every now and then to see if anything has changed or any good reasons or even new ones and nothing seems to have changed. Looks like theres one new reason but seems like a different topic to me, so I'm guessing nobody has anything yet.

    Also in my reading I saw at least one person insist its a moral thing no matter who you are, we'll like you were told in the thread already you are wrong. I can tell you for a fact my morals do not come into play because I have admitted I'm not exactly a gay "fan" but I realize that its none of my business especially with the mind set of thinking about this country, constitution, freedom, rights, and equality.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  3. #1793
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    For the most part, people on both sides of this issue are using half truths and assumptions to support their stance. The reality is some are for and some are against. Using science to justify is folly, as the real issue at hand is society's right in judging what it considers acceptable. Just as many Christians selectively follow the Bible, many activists selectively follow science.
    Last edited by mac; 06-26-10 at 03:07 AM.

  4. #1794
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    For the most part, people on both sides of this issue are using half truths and assumptions to support their stance. The reality is some are for and some are against. Using science to justify is folly, as the real issue at hand is society's right in accepting what it considers acceptable. Just as many Christians selectively follow the Bible, many activists selectively follow science.
    Except science is not the argument being used for gay marriage. That little detail ruins your whole premise.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1795
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except science is not the argument being used for gay marriage. That little detail ruins your whole premise.
    Science definitely is being used to support gay marriage.

  6. #1796
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Science definitely is being used to support gay marriage.
    Of course it is, since science gives it validity and invalidates the opposing position from a scientific standpoint.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #1797
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Science definitely is being used to support gay marriage.
    Well, yes. Hard, testable concrete evidence is much better then "my interpretation of the Bible/Koran/Torah says so."
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #1798
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Well, yes. Hard, testable concrete evidence is much better then "my interpretation of the Bible/Koran/Torah says so."
    Well, that's great. I was replying to:

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except science is not the argument being used for gay marriage. That little detail ruins your whole premise.

  9. #1799
    Irrelevant Pissant

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,194

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    Been stopping by and reading this every now and then to see if anything has changed or any good reasons or even new ones and nothing seems to have changed. Looks like theres one new reason but seems like a different topic to me, so I'm guessing nobody has anything yet.

    Also in my reading I saw at least one person insist its a moral thing no matter who you are, we'll like you were told in the thread already you are wrong. I can tell you for a fact my morals do not come into play because I have admitted I'm not exactly a gay "fan" but I realize that its none of my business especially with the mind set of thinking about this country, constitution, freedom, rights, and equality.
    And why would you be in favour of freedom, rights and equality?

  10. #1800
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Of course it is, since science gives it validity and invalidates the opposing position from a scientific standpoint.
    In some respects, sure it does. In other's it comes up short.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •