View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 15 of 192 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #141
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It must kill him to know that no matter what names he calls you on this thread, you can still vote against gay-marriage every time
    doesnt kill me at all LMAO
    im curious about the mental logic of people that think its their decision, HUGE difference

    i myself would NEVER be against the RIGHT (legally) to vote for anything, im asking a personal question if people think its right to decide who two consenting adults can marry

    also explain to me how if person A decides who consenting adult B and consenting adult C can marry isnt selfish?

    if you give me a logical answer hats off to you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #142
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post



    If gays get to marry, I don't care...if they still can't...I don't care...but if some liberal activist annoys me I'll vote against it just out of spite.
    LMAO
    get it worked on

    you say you dont care but you keep talking in this thread and you said earler you would vote no in a vote did you not?

    also why would it be a liberal activist?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-02-10 at 12:43 AM. Reason: had another question
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #143
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    1 no its not a opinion its a FACT, if gay marriage is legal, your religion is still allowed to believe and practice what it wants. FACT
    No, it's not a fact. Unless you can tell the future that is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    2.) sorry again YOUR morals based on YOUR religion, no good, clashes with to many other FREEDOMS of RELIGION. theres religions out there for no sex until married, no eating of certain foods, hell the bibles basically says kids who back talk and scorn their parents should be tarred fathered and or killed people dont practice that
    You don't know much about Christianity or the Bible do you?

    We all have morals we get from someplace be it our parents, others around us or a holy book. It is irrelevant. My religion or where my morals come from have nothing to do with this debate.

    I will follow my moral compass and you follow yours. It has to do with that whole pursuit of happiness thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3.) not asking for your "support" asking you if you would stop it and if the answer is yes YOU ARE forcing it, if the answer is no all is well. Dont care what you believe or think that is your right i agree you just have no buisness stopping it, thats the part i said isnt american but nice try
    I have every right to stop it. If a vote was held tomorrow for anything other than a civil union, yes I would vote against it. This is the United States, as I would be free to vote against it, you would be free to vote for it.

    The freedom to make my own decision whether you approve or not is a wonderful thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    4.) meaningless and pointless filler that I said nothing about, please stay on topic, i NEVER said you cant say your opinion my question in the title thread is if its is right to "stop"it
    You said "No not American" I have shown yes it is American. It is so American I put my life on the line to defend it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    side not thank you for protecting me, sincerely, hats off to you
    Not quite certain what you ment here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    put you still shouldnt stop two consenting adults from getting married if that is your stance because its absolutley none of your buisness
    Yes I should. I have already explained why.

    I would support civil unions with all the same benefits. I will not support changing in any way what is defined as a marriage, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    doesnt kill me at all LMAO
    im curious about the mental logic of people that think its their decision, HUGE difference

    i myself would NEVER be against the RIGHT (legally) to vote for anything, im asking a personal question if people think its right to decide who two consenting adults can marry

    also explain to me how if person A decides who consenting adult B and consenting adult C can marry isnt selfish?

    if you give me a logical answer hats off to you
    The consenting adults might belong to a high-risk demographic. I wouldn't support their marrying until stricter requirements were in place to obtain a marriage license., requirements such as pre-marital counseling and financial planning. Such requirements would have to apply to everyone, however, not only high-risk demographics.

    From what data I've seen in the past, gay men are significantly less stable than any other combination. However, we can't single out gay men. The rule has to apply to everyone. So, put greater demands in the same bill that establishes gay marriage and you have my vote. No greater demands, then I'd vote to kill the whole thing.

    I truly don't give a **** about "rights" or "equality". I care about a stable and strong society.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-02-10 at 12:48 AM.

  5. #145
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.) No, it's not a fact. Unless you can tell the future that is?



    2.)You don't know much about Christianity or the Bible do you?

    We all have morals we get from someplace be it our parents, others around us or a holy book. It is irrelevant. My religion or where my morals come from have nothing to do with this debate.

    3.) I will follow my moral compass and you follow yours. It has to do with that whole pursuit of happiness thing.



    4.) I have every right to stop it. If a vote was held tomorrow for anything other than a civil union, yes I would vote against it. This is the United States, as I would be free to vote against it, you would be free to vote for it.

    The freedom to make my own decision whether you approve or not is a wonderful thing.



    5.)You said "No not American" I have shown yes it is American. It is so American I put my life on the line to defend it.



    Not quite certain what you ment here?



    Yes I should. I have already explained why.

    I would support civil unions with all the same benefits. I will not support changing in any way what is defined as a marriage, period.
    1.) yes it is a fact, your religion would still be allowed to believe and practice what it wants unless we get rid of freedom of religion LMAO, its a fact

    2.) yes actually i do since its how i was rasied but that MEANINGLESS in this debate. Only stated that religions clash in beliefs so Im not going to hold YOURS higher than others

    3 I agree 100% but if YOU stop it then YOU are stopping people from following their moral compass and their pursuit of happiness thats where the hypocrite thing comes in. My way everyone gets to do what they want, your way people have to do what YOU say

    4.) im not arguing against you right to just vote (legally) im asking if you would thnk its right not vote against it personally. You think you have the right to oppress others and THEIR religion based on your OWN religion

    5.) I thanked you for that but what it seems you fought for is the right to tell others what to do based on your own religious beliefs denying them equal rights. Yep you are all american just as long has its YOUR america and not our america lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    3 I agree 100% but if YOU stop it then YOU are stopping people from following their moral compass and their pursuit of happiness thats where the hypocrite thing comes in.
    We don't have a problem with people trying to stop us from having our way.

    That's what voting is all about.

  7. #147
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The consenting adults might belong to a high-risk demographic. I wouldn't support their marrying until stricter requirements were in place to obtain a marriage license., requirements such as pre-marital counseling and financial planning. Such requirements would have to apply to everyone, however, not only high-risk demographics.

    From what data I've seen in the past, gay men are significantly less stable than any other combination. However, we can't single out gay men. The rule has to apply to everyone. So, put greater demands in the same bill that establishes gay marriage and you have my vote. No greater demands, then I'd vote to kill the whole thing.

    I truly don't give a **** about "rights" or "equality". I care about a stable and strong society.
    did you ever consider that the gay man may be more unstable because he is judged or has to hide OR they cant get married LMAO

    not saying that is the only answer but im sure the secret lifestyle many have to live or feel they have to live and the fact they cant get married and are denied a stable family life plays a role thats just common sense

    also its OBVIOUS you dont care about eual right but thanks for reinforcing it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #148
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,797

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We don't have a problem with people trying to stop us from having our way.

    That's what voting is all about.
    if "any" way is unfair and unequal many americas have a problem ith that where have you been

    voting IS about what you believe, but in this case its marriage and consenting adults, thats just oppression
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    did you ever consider that the gay man may be more unstable because he is judged or has to hide OR they cant get married LMAO
    Well if that's so, then why are unmarried lesbian couples far more stable than legally married heteros?

    Obviously the ability to marry is not a factor.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    if "any" way is unfair and unequal many americas have a problem ith that where have you been

    voting IS about what you believe, but in this case its marriage and consenting adults, thats just oppression
    Well again I don't give a **** about what's 'fair' or 'equal'. I care about a strong and stable society.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •