View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 145 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1441
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    You are assuming the liberal argument that everyone should be allowed to do whatever they want, should be free to choose whatever they want. Not everyone shares that belief and not everyone wants that belief to be reflected in the law.
    The right to swing your fist ends at my nose. As long as you don't infringe on my rights, you can do as you please. That is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #1442
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Oh I see. So if peoples morals are based in nothing it's OK. If peoples morals are based on religion, they should not be allowed to vote etc. Pot, meet kettle.

    Hows that for spin?
    Don't you think it's unfair to say that people's morals are based on nothing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree, it's not like a man shall not lie with a man as he does a woman is any kind of biblical evidence. Along with all the other verses we posted.
    Yeah, those versus say that it's bad. They never say why it is bad. It's just an arbitrary decree. You could say it's a moral based on nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And yet this beautiful creation was called an abomination to the lord.
    As was eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics. Mixed fabrics?!?!? Totally arbitrary and sounds like it was contrived by man.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #1443
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    An immoral people cannot prosper.
    Morality is a social construct. You can't begin to gauge how moral a nation is to determine if they can prosper.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #1444
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Don't you think it's unfair to say that people's morals are based on nothing?
    No it was just an example. Would you have felt better if I said the rising of the sun?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Yeah, those versus say that it's bad. They never say why it is bad. It's just an arbitrary decree. You could say it's a moral based on nothing.
    Here we go with the nothing thing. It was an example.

    So tell me what are your morals based on?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    As was eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics. Mixed fabrics?!?!? Totally arbitrary and sounds like it was contrived by man.
    Arbitrary to you was life saving back then. You need to understand the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1445
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No it was just an example. Would you have felt better if I said the rising of the sun?
    No, that's equally absurd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Here we go with the nothing thing. It was an example.
    A poor one at that. It is a demeaning example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So tell me what are your morals based on?
    Logic. You can make a logical argument as to how something will benefit or harm society or individuals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Arbitrary to you was life saving back then. You need to understand the times.
    Couldn't God just tell them how to properly prepare shellfish or cure ham?

    People died from mixed fabrics?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #1446
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Nice communist reference, I don't see how that has anything to do with this though? What about what I said was communist?
    Who said we should vote on morals? We should make laws based on what is best for the people, and what will provide equal rights for everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not necessarily, more about what Abraham doesn't like.
    God interacted directly with Abraham, you know the whole sacrificing Isaac thing. Hence he is called the father of the Abrahamic religions.

    So yes directly from God according to the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Abomination isn't a sin. It means unclean, and Abraham wrote all those laws. So, it's not really God.
    You don't know your history or Bible then. Yes God gave them the laws. Unclean means very bad and is associated with sin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, I don't, I am just allowing people to have free will. Just like God intended.
    Do you believe Jesus is the son of God?
    Do you believe he rose from the dead to save us from our sins?
    Do you accept Jesus as your savior and love him above all else?

    If you cannot answer yes to all those questions, you are not a Christian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's not like I'm doing anything that is against my personal belief system, I don't believe God has any problem with me not involving religion, with my politics.
    He doesn’t. and Jesus said as much “Render unto God what is Gods” etc. The problem arises when you do not take a stand against sin. You choose to let it slide or blow it off. That is not the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #1447
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    No, that's equally absurd.
    Why? People get their morals from all kinds of different places. Religion is just one of them. And in the end this is just arbitrary silliness on your part as it literally has nothing at all to do with the post or my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    A poor one at that. It is a demeaning example.
    You have got to be kidding.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Logic. You can make a logical argument as to how something will benefit or harm society or individuals.
    Logic is not the final arbitrator of morals. It is one of many places they come from. Logic is also not always correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Couldn't God just tell them how to properly prepare shellfish or cure ham?
    I don't know. You seem to think you know the mind of a omnipotent being, you tell me?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    People died from mixed fabrics?
    No, and don't play dumb. That was entirely different reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1448
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why? People get their morals from all kinds of different places. Religion is just one of them. And in the end this is just arbitrary silliness on your part as it literally has nothing at all to do with the post or my point.
    You claimed that her morals came from nothing. That's all on you. I'm glad that you recognize that people can get morals from places besides religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have got to be kidding.
    Saying her morals come from nothing is demeaning. No joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Logic is not the final arbitrator of morals. It is one of many places they come from. Logic is also not always correct.
    If it incorrect, it isn't logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't know. You seem to think you know the mind of a omnipotent being, you tell me?
    I suspect those were decrees made by man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No, and don't play dumb. That was entirely different reasoning.
    What was the reasoning for mixed fabrics being an abomination and punishable by death.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #1449
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You claimed that her morals came from nothing. That's all on you. I'm glad that you recognize that people can get morals from places besides religion.
    And again has nothing to do with my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Saying her morals come from nothing is demeaning. No joke.
    And that is where your problem lies. Please point out where I said this?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    If it incorrect, it isn't logic.
    An incorrect conclusion can be drawn from logic, but you knew this.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I suspect those were decrees made by man.
    OK

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    What was the reasoning for mixed fabrics being an abomination and punishable by death.
    No one can say for certain but it is thought that it was to keep the tribes of Israel separate from the pagan neighbors who dressed in garish multi fabric clothing. For the Israelites modesty was a big deal.

    For the Jewish people they have a name for it, I don't remember what it was. It means something literally like "we have no idea, but it is the law." It does have a long explanation, but you can look up the Jewish interpretation yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1450
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Good Reason : 57% of US against gay marriage. State Constitutions amended in 23 state and rising.

    Good night and God bless! Thanks for the tins links.
    (I know that all of you against gay marriage hate this reference, but too bad) Again, much of the country was against interracial marriages as well. Not all, but many believed it was a sin against God to marry outside your race (this was true, despite the whole white supremacy thing, even today some feel this way, especially in the South). They had state constitutional amendments to limit marriage to one man and one woman of the same race. The arguments were very much the same. So was the SCOTUS right in their ruling that interracial marriage is a right, even if it went against a what the majority believed?

    And I know this will bring the whole race is not the same as sexuality argument, but I contend you are wrong. If you put any other trait in their, including religion, the argument would still be sound. And religion is definitely more of a choice than sexuality. Even if you put some other feature up there with a caveat that said that artificial change is acceptable, the same outcome would be achieved. If the law said that blondes could only marry other blondes, but having your hair dyed blonde is acceptable to achieve this marriage, then would the law really be discriminating? Is it right?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •