View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 144 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1431
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK now you are trying to deny your own words and going into maniac mode again.

    You don't debate. My spelling and grammar is not great, yours is worse. Sometimes it is hard to make out anything you typed. Then on top of that because you have no real argument at times you put in a healthy smattering of...

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah or LMAO or WOW or anything that is irrelevant to any kind of debate.

    I think you would be OK to debate if you stayed calm and did not act like an out of control child.

    Ok back on topic.

    Why would you deny your own statement?
    dude when i said that it was CLEALRY referring to GAY MARRIAGE you know what the last 143 pages were about????
    to not see that is just silly
    im not denying my own words, my words referred to gay marriage not EVERYTHING lmao

    I laugh like that because to have the misinterpretation of what was said is beyond funny, its actually obnoxiously absurd it litterally made me laugh out loud because of how unfathomable it was for you to think that

    still shaking my head wow, i have a clear argument its called the truth and something called CONTEXT lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1432
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Who said we should vote on morals? We should make laws based on what is best for the people, and what will provide equal rights for everyone.
    OK commrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    That passage has no bearing on modern Christians.
    It is a good reference for what God does and does not like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But wasn't ever called an abomination or sin by God.
    Are you certain about that? You mite want to look it up.

    Direct from God: 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Who says I am putting anything before God? I am just allowing people to live, and have their God given free will.
    You do. Don't back track now, you are on a roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1433
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Good night all, its late here and I got to get up early, fun talks though, very entertaining again!
    another day


    GOOD REASON COUNTER: 0
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1434
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    dude when i said that it was CLEALRY referring to GAY MARRIAGE you know what the last 143 pages were about????
    to not see that is just silly
    im not denying my own words, my words referred to gay marriage not EVERYTHING lmao
    You did not say that even in context of the full paragraph. I mean I don't care what you said I was just pointing out you did say that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I laugh like that because to have the misinterpretation of what was said is beyond funny, its actually obnoxiously absurd it litterally made me laugh out loud because of how unfathomable it was for you to think that
    That's cool but it was not that funny and no one wants to read HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA across the page etc.

    Why people have trouble taking you seriously at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    still shaking my head wow, i have a clear argument its called the truth and something called CONTEXT lol
    Read the whole paragraph and you can laugh all you want. Even I made mention of it initially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1435
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Good night all, its late here and I got to get up early, fun talks though, very entertaining again!
    another day


    GOOD REASON COUNTER: 0
    Good Reason : 57% of US against gay marriage. State Constitutions amended in 23 state and rising.

    Good night and God bless! Thanks for the tins links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #1436
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    What if they disagree with kindness, acceptance, peace, and tolerance?
    Interesting question. Though unlike this issue I doubt it would be mainly conservative Christians against laws that would disrupt those things. And I certainly wouldn't use a religious argument against those laws, because I wouldn't want to bring my religion in my politics.

  7. #1437
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK commrade.
    Nice communist reference, I don't see how that has anything to do with this though? What about what I said was communist?


    It is a good reference for what God does and does not like.
    Not necessarily, more about what Abraham doesn't like.

    Are you certain about that? You mite want to look it up.

    Direct from God: 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
    Abomination isn't a sin. It means unclean, and Abraham wrote all those laws. So, it's not really God.

    You do. Don't back track now, you are on a roll.
    No, I don't, I am just allowing people to have free will. Just like God intended. It's not like I'm doing anything that is against my personal belief system, I don't believe God has any problem with me not involving religion, with my politics.

  8. #1438
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?Alright, let's all simmer down before I have to crack some heads.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #1439
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I see your point, but it seems you are putting faith in man, rather than God's law. No argument, just an observation and opinion.

    Putting faith in men is fine when it is not in direct violation with God's law. Science is not at odds with scripture, but this does not mean science takes precedent over biblical moral precedent for me.
    In bold. This is where we disagree, philosophically. To me, there is no conflict, as I see science as God's gift and part of biblical code.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1440
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Im sure this issue has been debated over and over again but since im doing research and studying Id love more opinions cause its fun.

    Also let me add not only am I looking for your opinion im looking for your reasoning if your answer is yes.

    I have discussed gay marriage many many times and have yet to hear ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage Almost every reason I have ever heard was also used about womens rights, equal rights interracial marriage etc. they were dumb and didnt apply then and they certainly havent changed now

    now mind you, pay attention to my verbiage, I said reason to STOP it.

    That means in America I think its fine for anybody to:
    THINK its wrong, gross or offensive etc
    TEACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    PREACH its wrong gross or offensive etc
    BELIEVE its wrong gross or offensive etc
    FEEL its wrong gross or offensive etc
    etc

    but once you try to stop it I think you wrong on so many levels.
    I cant imagine how AMERICANS think they have the right to tell two CONSENTING ADULTS who and who they cant marry lmao
    Does it get anymore pompous and arrogant and selfish and hypercritical and anti american than that. How anybody thinks they have the right to tell a person they cant marry another one is beyond me.

    I myself im not gay so i REALLY feel its non of my business but has an american I have to call BS on the other so called americans that do think its there buisness some how.

    Anyway maybe this time will be different, it actually be VERY interesting if it is different. So does anybody have ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, non-hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage. Who thinks they have a sound reason on why they should get to determine who two consenting adults can and can not marry.
    American society sets it's own standards and laws. At present, American society has overwhelming stated, time and time again, that it doesn't and won't recognize gay "marriage". Simply put, there need not be any other reason than that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •