View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 143 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1421
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Cute. But the wording of the OP implies that unless there is a good reason to prohibit it, it should be allowed. Since it is currently not allowed, the shoe belongs properly on the other foot-- unless there is a good reason to allow it, it should remain prohibited..
    again you ASSUMED that is my stance that it is the standard I did not you talking in circles wont change that





    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    No, but it makes it the law. You are claiming that your moral beliefs have nothing to do with this argument, and that it is based entirely in the law. I have shown that this is not the case.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha wow! you cant be serious, do you understand that what you are saying is IMPOSSIBLE, you can NOT tell me what I think and feel, my morals do NOT play a role, the law does, this is a FACT you cant not change lmao, there are people here that do not like the gay lifestyle "morally" but they still believe in equal rights, this isnt rocket science



    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Marriage isn't a right and shouldn't be a right. Marriage is a social institution that serves a purpose-- multiple purposes, actually-- and in order to change the laws concerning it we must demonstrate that the changes serve those purposes.
    opinion that currently isnt true, some marriages serve no purposes except to the people involved and the law is to not discriminate, next



    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    The fact that you believe societal benefit and social order are meaningless is telling. You are incapable of seeing any side of this argument but your own.
    again you are making stuff up who said I didnt see it? NOBODY, i said I dont see the value in "arguing" it because many marriages do not benfit society nor does the law require them to but please feel free to continue to make stuff up to feel right doesnt bother me I know the truth
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1422
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    How do you reconcile your political beliefs with your morals? And where do your morals come from, if they are not derived from your religion?
    I have morals that come from my religion, like kindness, acceptance, peace, tolerance. But I don't limit my morals to my religion. We live in a world where not everyone is Christian, and I'm not about to use my religion in my politics to force someone to have to follow a part of my religion that they may disagree with. An example I won't say g-damn, but I'm not about to suggest a law to have that word banned.

  3. #1423
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I get this is your stance and I told you i respect it since you finally manned up and admitted it, all i needed was for you to admit that your religion and god are more important than anything including america, americans, laws, and constitution

    told you ill wont debunk you any more cause you admitted your truth
    Manned up and admitted it??? What the heck are you talking about? I never denied it. I have always put God before country. I put my family above it as well.

    Why would I put all my faith in a country that thinks health care is a right? That it's OK for the poor to steal from the rich. A country that thinks it's OK to declare pre-emptive wars and to torture.

    Dude you put your faith in the wrong thing.

    As for being anti American, I will leave you with the words of Thomas Jefferson...

    The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.

    I guess he was anti American as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1424
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ummmm you did?

    I want EVERYBODY to get their way and EVERYBODY to get to practice their OWN views but some how you figure that "i" dont care? LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    so let me get this straight the sentence above applies to EVERYTHING and not gay marriage even though thats the topic at hand and the thread we are talking about? got it, that makes logical sense
    LMAO hahahahaha
    again its just astonishing your lack of logic in your arguments sometimes, WOW, just WOW
    does the word context mean anything to you? for a proclaimed "bible" studier and interrupter you sure are poor at figuring out the meaning of words and a sentence and the thread title does this for you! man, cant see how you could ever get the bible wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1425
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    wow! you cant be serious, do you understand that what you are saying is IMPOSSIBLE, you can NOT tell me what I think and feel, my morals do NOT play a role, the law does, this is a FACT you cant not change
    I don't have to tell you what you think and feel. Everything I've said about you is based in your own words. If your words are not consistent with your thoughts and feelings, there's nothing I can do about it.

  6. #1426
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Manned up and admitted it??? What the heck are you talking about? I never denied it. I have always put God before country. I put my family above it as well.

    Why would I put all my faith in a country that thinks health care is a right? That it's OK for the poor to steal from the rich. A country that thinks it's OK to declare pre-emptive wars and to torture.

    Dude you put your faith in the wrong thing.

    As for being anti American, I will leave you with the words of Thomas Jefferson...

    The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.

    I guess he was anti American as well?
    well i asked you that question at least 3 times and you ignored it and atleast once i called you on it for ignoring it so I dont know you tell me why i thought that.

    also nobody told you to put all your faith in the country, nor do I or did I say I did, i seriously wonder where you get this stuff from?

    as for jefferson, go back and read it slower, "certain occasions" not all and any that do not line up with your god HUUUUUUUUUGE diffference, nice try though, but a fail
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1427
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Oh I see. So if peoples morals are based in nothing it's OK. If peoples morals are based on religion, they should not be allowed to vote etc. Pot, met kettle.

    Hows that for spin?
    Who said we should vote on morals? We should make laws based on what is best for the people, and what will provide equal rights for everyone.

    I agree, it's not like a man shall not lie with a man as he does a woman is any kind of biblical evidence. Along with all the other verses we posted.
    That passage has no bearing on modern Christians.

    And yet this beautiful creation was called an abomination to the lord.
    But wasn't ever called an abomination or sin by God.

    Many people put other things before God. I will not condemn you for it. I will say that is not the correct path according to scripture though.
    Who says I am putting anything before God? I am just allowing people to live, and have their God given free will.

  8. #1428
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I don't have to tell you what you think and feel. Everything I've said about you is based in your own words. If your words are not consistent with your thoughts and feelings, there's nothing I can do about it.
    no one said you HAVE to but the fact is you CANT lol
    its your wrong opinions you have of my words that get you introuble because no matter what you say my morals are not involved nor will they ever be on this subject, deny that fact if you wish but tomorrow it will still be fact lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1429
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    so let me get this straight the sentence above applies to EVERYTHING and not gay marriage even though thats the topic at hand and the thread we are talking about? got it, that makes logical sense
    LMAO hahahahaha
    again its just astonishing your lack of logic in your arguments sometimes, WOW, just WOW
    does the word context mean anything to you? for a proclaimed "bible" studier and interrupter you sure are poor at figuring out the meaning of words and a sentence and the thread title does this for you! man, cant see how you could ever get the bible wrong
    OK now you are trying to deny your own words and going into maniac mode again.

    You don't debate. My spelling and grammar is not great, yours is worse. Sometimes it is hard to make out anything you typed. Then on top of that because you have no real argument at times you put in a healthy smattering of...

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah or LMAO or WOW or anything that is irrelevant to any kind of debate.

    I think you would be OK to debate if you stayed calm and did not act like an out of control child.

    Ok back on topic.

    Why would you deny your own statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1430
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I have morals that come from my religion, like kindness, acceptance, peace, tolerance. But I don't limit my morals to my religion. We live in a world where not everyone is Christian, and I'm not about to use my religion in my politics to force someone to have to follow a part of my religion that they may disagree with.
    What if they disagree with kindness, acceptance, peace, and tolerance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Who said we should vote on morals? We should make laws based on what is best for the people, and what will provide equal rights for everyone.
    Those are, themselves, moral values. Additionally, isn't moral order what's best for the people? An immoral people cannot prosper. So shouldn't we pass laws that uphold the moral values that are best for the people?
    Last edited by Korimyr the Rat; 06-15-10 at 03:38 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •