View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 141 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1401
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    So anyway, I have yet to hear someone answer the OP.

    Is it right to stop gay marriage? Explain.
    The OP seems to assume that allowing gay marriage is the default, which I don't understand. We don't allow it now. We've never allowed it in the past. Marriage has, until very recently, been defined as an entirely heterosexual institution. Logically, the burden of proof should fall on those who are lobbying to allow gay marriage, because they are the people arguing for a change. And as much as I am in favor of gay marriage, I see very few people actually making arguments for why it should be allowed--how it would benefit society if it were allowed, how allowing gay marriage would bolster and promote the institution of marriage. Certainly, such arguments would be more compelling than empty appeals to "equal rights" and accusations of bigotry.

  2. #1402
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes. It goes...

    God
    Family
    Country

    In that exact order.
    so again, not to be offensive but then you HAVE to see that based on the premise of the OP it can EASILY be argued that you are hypocritical and anti-american and that you do want to discriminate and you do NOT want civil and equal rights based on america but based on your religion

    not trying to insult you just saying you have to see the reality of that, finally you admit it though has thats what i wanted, but dont you see at least the ONE of many hypocrisies that IF the country agreed with you there'd be a chance you could NOT practice YOUR religion if we went another way? There would be no freedom of religion.

    not trying to change your order, it is YOURS and your freedom and its not my place to change it but you have to see how easily that gets in the way of COUNTRY and laws and rights and our constitution and America and american reality, just saying

    with admitting that I dont see how you cant agree your reasons have been easily debunked, you want to ignore everything for your religion which is your right BUT at last in America makes it debunked per the OP

    in closing just so we are clear, since you finally admitted it Im done smacking you around
    it is you absolute right to FEEL that way but ill never see the logic in discriminating on others

    even has a black man doesnt that sting some? just saying that some used your very stance back in the day to say blacks were bad, slavery was ok and there should be no interracial marriage, now you are using it against gays?

    oh well since you admitted it, to each his own
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1403
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not what I meant. She completely missed what I was saying. It was invisible to her.

    I see through your eyes, you and the rest make no effort to see through mine.
    I see though them fine its just i end up with a black eye when logic punches me back to reality

    you could still live it, believe it, think it, teach it, preach it that wouldnt change

    I see through your eyes but I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice the freedoms of this country because then my freedom of the religion i love could end, i would just not vote for or against it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1404
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I still don't get your point. Just don't get involved in a gay marriage, and you aren't committing a sin in your eyes. You may live in a country that promotes sin in your eyes, but it's not like you would be forced marry a dude.
    Satan wants to keep us enslaved to this frame of mind. If he can convince us that we are not sinful or ignore that sin exists, He has made us believe that we do not need God. Sin encourages us to become our own god and established our own form of righteousness. (Romans 10:1-3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #1405
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I see though them fine its just i end up with a black eye when logic punches me back to reality

    you could still live it, believe it, think it, teach it, preach it that wouldnt change

    I see through your eyes but I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice the freedoms of this country because then my freedom of the religion i love could end, i would just not vote for or against it.
    God must come first.

    Satan wants to keep us enslaved to this frame of mind. If he can convince us that we are not sinful or ignore that sin exists, He has made us believe that we do not need God. Sin encourages us to become our own god and established our own form of righteousness. (Romans 10:1-3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #1406
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Satan wants to keep us enslaved to this frame of mind. If he can convince us that we are not sinful or ignore that sin exists, He has made us believe that we do not need God. Sin encourages us to become our own god and established our own form of righteousness. (Romans 10:1-3)
    So you would encourage laws against blasphemy? Because that is very legal in this country, but also a sin.

  7. #1407
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    so again, not to be offensive but then you HAVE to see that based on the premise of the OP it can EASILY be argued that you are hypocritical and anti-american and that you do want to discriminate and you do NOT want civil and equal rights based on america but based on your religion
    No, you said in the post below you see, but you don't.

    You say I want to discriminate? Has gay marriage ever been legal in this country? No. Has marriage until recently ever been defined as between more than one man and one women in this country? No. Can gays marry anyone of the opposite sex they wish? Yes. Are they restricted by polygamy laws etc like everyone else? Yes. Have their always been restrictions on marriage? Yes.

    No discromination.

    You say I am being hypocritical. Am I bound by all the same laws gay people are? Yes.

    Nope. No hypocrite here.

    Did the founding fathers own slaves? Yes. Did the founding fathers allow men or wemon to marry the same sex? No. Does the Constitution mention anything about marraige? No. Do I act in any way to hinder law abiding citizens or speak out against the US and it's allies? No.

    Nope not anti American.



    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    not trying to insult you just saying you have to see the reality of that, finally you admit it though has thats what i wanted, but dont you see at least the ONE of many hypocrisies that IF the country agreed with you there'd be a chance you could NOT practice YOUR religion if we went another way? There would be no freedom of religion.

    not trying to change your order, it is YOURS and your freedom and its not my place to change it but you have to see how easily that gets in the way of COUNTRY and laws and rights and our constitution and America and american reality, just saying

    with admitting that I dont see how you cant agree your reasons have been easily debunked, you want to ignore everything for your religion which is your right BUT at last in America makes it debunked per the OP

    in closing just so we are clear, since you finally admitted it Im done smacking you around
    it is you absolute right to FEEL that way but ill never see the logic in discriminating on others

    even has a black man doesnt that sting some? just saying that some used your very stance back in the day to say blacks were bad, slavery was ok and there should be no interracial marriage, now you are using it against gays?

    oh well since you admitted it, to each his own

    God must come first.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-15-10 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1408
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So you would encourage laws against blasphemy? Because that is very legal in this country, but also a sin.
    No law is needed. Blasphemy against God is not a sin. That is a Catholic thing although it would be looked down upon.

    Don't try and nit pick laws that do not exist and never will.

    We are not a theocracy. This however does not mean we cannot rally against what we see as wrong for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-15-10 at 02:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #1409
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    i dont not want them to reflect MY views, I want it to reflect the LAW and to not discriminate based on the LAW, read that again slow, ill wait
    The law is that marriage is between a man and a woman. It is your view that the law should be changed. It is your view that the definition of marriage, as it currently stands, is discriminatory. It is your view that homosexual marriage should be allowed. It is your argument that these views should be reflected in the law against the will and the vehement opposition of the majority of Americans. You are attempting to impose your views on the law, on our law which applies to and belongs to all of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002
    Here's the thing, if you don't want to have a gay marriage, it's your choice to not have one. No one is forcing you to. It's not going to be mandatory. You won't have any views forced on you.

    But for others to say that someone else can't, that is forcing your views on another. They don't have the liberty to choose.
    You are assuming the liberal argument that everyone should be allowed to do whatever they want, should be free to choose whatever they want. Not everyone shares that belief and not everyone wants that belief to be reflected in the law.

  10. #1410
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No law is needed. Blasphemy against God is not a sin. That is a Catholic thing although it would be looked down upon.

    Don't try and nit pick laws that do not exist and never will.
    But it's the same concept, using religion as a base for laws. You may have your religious values, and thats fine. But we live in a country were all religions are allowed to live. So using someone's religious views as a basis for laws, and what is allowed or disallowed isn't really the best thing for this country. Also like I've said, I don't understand how allowing gay marriage is a sin? It's not like you will be in one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •