View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 14 of 192 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    wrong wasnt always the case until a religion storm happened
    denying gay marriage is denying equal rights plain and simple, no spin you TRY and put on it will matter LMAO
    Oh, you think I have some problem with denying equality.

    We discriminate against all sorts of groups all the time, legally and rightly. Discrimination isn't the bad word you think it is.

  2. #132
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    People have a right to defend their religion. And that includes the religious ceremony known as marriage.

    It's none of their business, though, if gay people want to form some sort of legal agreement. As long as they don't call it marriage..
    100% WRONG it is NOT a "religious" cermony unless you want it to be so that meaningless

    but lets just turn your argument against you what if my religion allows it? wheres MY right to defend MY religion, I guess only YOURS matters right? lol

    sorry if it was legal your religion wouldnt need defended because it doesnt have to change one bit, you religion is ALREADY protected, others are not and it seem you dont care about them and you want to control them

    only thing you got right is, it is NONE of their buisness

    it is none of ANYBODYS buisness who two consenting adults marry, it has nothing at all to do with you or religion unless you are the one getting married
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #133
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I actually can't marry, so wtf are you talking about?

    If I fell in love with someone and began a romantic relationship, first I would face a court-martial, and second I no longer possess the basic human right to marry as I no longer meet the criteria.
    translation: I have no answer now and feel bad for my answer so im going to act like I dont know whats going on and play dumb

    thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #134
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Oh, you think I have some problem with denying equality.

    We discriminate against all sorts of groups all the time, legally and rightly. Discrimination isn't the bad word you think it is.
    if you say so but yes it is when it involves equal rights and theres no logical sound reason to do so which is waht im tlking about. Please stay on target and not drift to other meaningless things. No one argued that no groups are denied certian things especially rightly which this case is not beause theres no support for it.

    Btw on a side note for everybody reading we are at 14 pages now and the OP still stands

    still not ONE sound, reasonable, logical, non-bais, non-selfish, non-arrogant, hypercritical, non anti-american reason to "Stop" gay marriage
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #135
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    100% WRONG it is NOT a "religious" ceremony unless you want it to be so that meaningless

    but lets just turn your argument against you what if my religion allows it? where’s MY right to defend MY religion, I guess only YOURS matters right? lol

    sorry if it was legal your religion wouldn’t need defended because it doesn’t have to change one bit, you religion is ALREADY protected, others are not and it seem you don’t care about them and you want to control them

    only thing you got right is, it is NONE of their business

    it is none of ANYBODYS business who two consenting adults marry, it has nothing at all to do with you or religion unless you are the one getting married
    What if there was, say, a hypothetical individual who believed in X religion. The teachings of X religion tell this individual that two males or two females marrying each other is not acceptable in the eyes of (insert entity), and that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman under the eyes of (insert entity).

    Thus, defending said religion would require non-acceptance of any gay marriage.

    Gotta go, back tomorrow.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #136
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What if there was, say, a hypothetical individual who believed in X religion. The teachings of X religion tell this individual that two males or two females marrying each other is not acceptable in the eyes of (insert entity), and that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman under the eyes of (insert entity).

    Thus, defending said religion would require non-acceptance of any gay marriage.

    Gotta go, back tomorrow.
    actually you are wrong again because you could still not "accept" it and THINK its wrong and BELIEVE its wrong and TEACH its wrong but once you stop it you are denying people rights that you already have and thats what makes you a hypocrite

    what if said religion said no kids before marriage? are you going to Defend that and have a non-acceptance of it? guess those kids should be taken away

    what if said religion said no sex before marriage, arrest people who do?
    what if religion was against masturbation? arrest them too?

    sorry not good enough by any stretch of the imagination because once we only do things by YOUR or ONE religion we violate the right of FREEDOM OF RELIGION

    next
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #137
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    nope sorry you are arguing you RELIGION and if gay marriage is legal your religion isnt effected one single bit.
    That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

    I disagree and have already stated why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Instead you are being selfish and think some how you are more important than others without your religious beliefs and want to FORCE yours on others. Nope not american
    Yes I want my moral values to be part of the society I live in. That is absolutely American.

    I am not forcing anything on anyone. I will not however support something I think is wrong. This is also very American. It is what freedom to disagree is all about.

    I served 12 years in this "American" military to have the right to say and think what I want. I put my life on the line to defend your right to do so as well.

    That is American.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-02-10 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    1.) That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.


    2.)
    Yes I want my moral values to be part of the society I live in. That is absolutely American.

    3.)I am not forcing anything on anyone. I will not however support something I think is wrong. This is also very American. It is what freedom to disagree is all about.

    4.)I served 12 years in this "American" military to have the right to say and think what I want. I put my life on the line to defend your right to do so as well.

    That is American.
    1 no its not a opinion its a FACT, if gay marriage is legal, your religion is still allowed to believe and practice what it wants. FACT

    2.) sorry again YOUR morals based on YOUR religion, no good, clashes with to many other FREEDOMS of RELIGION. theres religions out there for no sex until married, no eating of certain foods, hell the bibles basically says kids who back talk and scorn their parents should be tarred fathered and or killed people dont practice that

    3.) not asking for your "support" asking you if you would stop it and if the answer is yes YOU ARE forcing it, if the answer is no all is well. Dont care what you believe or think that is your right i agree you just have no buisness stopping it, thats the part i said isnt american but nice try

    4.) meaningless and pointless filler that I said nothing about, please stay on topic, i NEVER said you cant say your opinion my question in the title thread is if its is right to "stop"it

    side not thank you for protecting me, sincerely, hats off to you

    put you still shouldnt stop two consenting adults from getting married if that is your stance because its absolutley none of your buisness
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

    I disagree and have already stated why.



    Yes I want my moral values to be part of the society I live in. That is absolutely American.

    I am not forcing anything on anyone. I will not however support something I think is wrong. This is also very American. It is what freedom to disagree is all about.

    I served 12 years in this "American" military to have the right to say and think what I want. I put my life on the line to defend your right to do so as well.

    That is American.
    It must kill him to know that no matter what names he calls you on this thread, you can still vote against gay-marriage every time

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?




    If gays get to marry, I don't care...if they still can't...I don't care...but if some liberal activist annoys me I'll vote against it just out of spite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •