View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 138 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1371
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Don't have that one. Besides I like this one better.

    It is good to be able to laugh at ones self from time to time.
    agreed, I like it better also, i have the tins on my bar wall downstairs, what about uncle remus syrup? (sp?)
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1372
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,490

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I got it, its an ad picture from pickaninny freeze which was "back in the day" black-exploitation and used exaggerated black characters and depictions and language that would certainly be offensive by todays standards, its basically a symbol/reminder of how tolerant people were of racism back in the day.

    BUT

    i agree with you in that many wouldnt know that
    Yep. It was just to make a point about "gay, nigger" etc. Dose not really get me going. I think it is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1373
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,490

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    agreed, I like it better also, i have the tins on my bar wall downstairs, what about uncle remus syrup? (sp?)
    No way. You know I am trying to get a copy of "Darkies in the Melon Patch" as a joke for a friend of mine. I hope I can get it. The look on his face will be picture and story worthy.

    You know people don't appreciate the art etc from that time. Yes it was insulting, but that makes it no less art and part of our history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1374
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    It will have an effect on the society that we all must live in. The core of the issue here is what we, as a society, are willing to accept as normal.
    I doubt it will have much, if any impact for anyone except those who will be able to get married because gay marriage is legalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #1375
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No way. You know I am trying to get a copy of "Darkies in the Melon Patch" as a joke for a friend of mine. I hope I can get it. The look on his face will be picture and story worthy.

    You know people don't appreciate the art etc from that time. Yes it was insulting, but that makes it no less art and part of our history.
    not sure if im familiar with that one but the tins i have can be purchased on-line if you look hard enough, id "guess" that one would be there if its a tin?

    Amazon.com: Tin Sign Picaninny Freeze Quinn BACKORDERED!: Kitchen & Dining



    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1376
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I doubt it will have much, if any impact for anyone except those who will be able to get married because gay marriage is legalized.
    in reality it wont have any impact just like me getting married by an elvis tomorrow if i want doesnt effect marriage
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1377
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    in reality it wont have any impact just like me getting married by an elvis tomorrow if i want doesnt effect marriage
    It will have a positive impact for homosexuals who wish to marry each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #1378
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    in reality it wont have any impact just like me getting married by an elvis tomorrow if i want doesnt effect marriage
    It will have an effect, it will make the institution more prevalent.

  9. #1379
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    really?
    so let me get this straight, YOU want the law to reflect YOUR views and FORCE YOUR views on OTHERS?
    Why not? That's exactly what you are doing. You want the law to reflect your views and force your views on others. You try to dress it up as something else, pretending that your moral values-- your opinions-- are self-evident facts that everyone else should automatically accept. Unlike others who have given good reasons, reasons that appeal to others' consciences, why gay marriage should be allowed, you've done nothing but stamp your foot and accuse everyone who disagrees with you of shoving their values down everyone else's throat-- oblivious to the fact that you are doing the exact same thing and less politely to boot.

  10. #1380
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    It will have a positive impact for homosexuals who wish to marry each other.
    well that IS true lol
    it will also have a positive impact to america because we will have one more discrimination off the books and be a better country in that aspect
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •